Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Blue tooth  (Read 24528 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Blue tooth
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »

I've been watching for the last several weeks. I have a problem with mine and am not sure if it's the wiring or the unit itself so I've been looking. The problem with these is, if there is a problem with the unit, there is no one to service them. That's a $500 disposable part!

AJ, tell me if I remember correctly.  They weren't stock on the SEUC's, correct?  So any that some of you might have added will only have the 90 day accessory warranty unless the bike owner had the dealer install them at time of purchase?

Even with that restriction there has to be at least a few out there installed at time of bike purchase.  So some warranty inventory should be maintained somewhere.

Odd that for such contemporary item it seem to have completely vanished.  That something new/better is going to be released to supercede it doesnt' seem unlikely.  Bluetooth built in the head units themselves shouldn't surprise anyone (even as far behind the curve as Harley tends to be on such things).  Still weird that the original units have just disappeared completely.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »

AJ, tell me if I remember correctly.  They weren't stock on the SEUC's, correct?  So any that some of you might have added will only have the 90 day accessory warranty unless the bike owner had the dealer install them at time of purchase?

Even with that restriction there has to be at least a few out there installed at time of bike purchase.  So some warranty inventory should be maintained somewhere.

Odd that for such contemporary item it seem to have completely vanished.  That something new/better is going to be released to supercede it doesnt' seem unlikely.  Bluetooth built in the head units themselves shouldn't surprise anyone (even as far behind the curve as Harley tends to be on such things).  Still weird that the original units have just disappeared completely.

Sure, rub it in! Yes, this was an after sale added item so it is not covered by the extended warranty. Plus, I bought it from Chi HD at a 20% discount so I doubt my local dealer wants to hear about it.
I just did a search on HD's site and it did not come up. This is one of the reasons why I bought it right after I bought the bike because I figured it would become an obsolete item quickly. I just wasn't counting on mine dying this early into the game.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »

The wiring harness is there. Part # 70164-06

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »

Sure, rub it in!

No buddy, no.  Rubbing it in would be mentioning how well the N-Com unit in my Nolan helmet still works.  But I'd never do that.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 04:37:58 PM »

Here's a link to the sales brochure but no mention of a part # anymore.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 04:38:51 PM »

No buddy, no.  Rubbing it in would be mentioning how well the N-Com unit in my Nolan helmet still works.  But I'd never do that.

I don't know where that KMA icon is but I'd put it here.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »

I did the search with the part number supplied by Fired00d with no luck. I don't have my catalog but I will get it and check page 495.
It's showing up at Chicago H-D.....

76408-06      KIT, HANDS FREE MODULE, ADVANCED AUDIO   Retail Price:$499.95 Our Price:$399.96  

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 04:47:45 PM »

It's showing up at Chicago H-D.....

76408-06      KIT, HANDS FREE MODULE, ADVANCED AUDIO   Retail Price:$499.95 Our Price:$399.96  

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Just got off the phone with my dealer. HDNet says the part is now Obsolete. No longer available! There are a few in stock at some dealers (Daytona & St. Augustine) but that's it folks. Another HD part that no longer works!

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »

Mines works great, used it in Canada and rural parts of the US last month.
I use it with two differnet helmets one full face with HD headset that came with the bike and a half helmet from J&M, always have to crank up the volume alittle more.
Most people don't know I am on the the bike doing 70 or more mph.
One problem, no caller ID which maybe due to I'm using a Treo 750, but dials by command or from my quick list without a problem.

By the way the install info came from a thread Hard10 started, I installed mine in the fairing, it worked immediately.
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »

I ordered one from Chichago HD via web order last Tuesday Evening. Just got back from vacation and checked my emai. Chichago HD sent me an email saying no longer available. Damn, i waited too long.

I did a part number search on Google and came up with several sites selling the unit. Think I will try this route and see if i can find one.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:37:29 PM by sportygordy »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »

2LN, Now that 76408-06 is no longer available, what else will work on an '06 or newer Harmon Kardon Advanced Radio system? I want all of the features that were in the HD unit, i.e. ability to talk on the cell over the radio and retain the use of the CB and intercom. Any suggestions?

AJ

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 03:58:25 AM »

2LN, Now that 76408-06 is no longer available, what else will work on an '06 or newer Harmon Kardon Advanced Radio system? I want all of the features that were in the HD unit, i.e. ability to talk on the cell over the radio and retain the use of the CB and intercom. Any suggestions?

AJ

That was the only thing they had to bring Bluetooth connectivity onboard the OE system.  Since there's three years of that system on the street now I find it unlikely they've completely abandoned the function.  I hate to try to second guess Harley Davidson.  It's a difficult enough thing to do with rational players.  But I'd have to suggest waiting for new product releases with the dealer show.  Probably a new variant of the old product to be released.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 04:15:15 AM »

That was the only thing they had to bring Bluetooth connectivity onboard the OE system.  Since there's three years of that system on the street now I find it unlikely they've completely abandoned the function.  I hate to try to second guess Harley Davidson.  It's a difficult enough thing to do with rational players.  But I'd have to suggest waiting for new product releases with the dealer show.  Probably a new variant of the old product to be released.

I sure hope so. I wouldn't be surprised it is no longer an option at all. I kinda thought that it wouldn't be around long when I bought it. Technology changes so rapidly that it's hard to maintain a supply.

pokerpig

• CVO1: 2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »

I just had mine installed recently - when I ordered it the dealer told me that the old part was obsolete, and they would have to wait a couple weeks for the new one. In out of town, but when I get back I will find out what part number was installed.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 05:30:26 PM »

I just had mine installed recently - when I ordered it the dealer told me that the old part was obsolete, and they would have to wait a couple weeks for the new one. In out of town, but when I get back I will find out what part number was installed.

I guess this means that they will unveil a "new" one at the dealer show in a few weeks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.