Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upgrading to a 107  (Read 2205 times)

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
Upgrading to a 107
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:21:29 AM »

I bought TCnBham's jugs and heads and am thinking about going to a 107.Has anybody had this done,how is it holding up.What pistons did you use.I'm going to port and polish the heads and already run redshift 575 cams.

REGGAB

Re: Upgrading to a 107
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:39:47 AM »

I bought TCnBham's jugs and heads and am thinking about going to a 107.Has anybody had this done,how is it holding up.What pistons did you use.I'm going to port and polish the heads and already run redshift 575 cams.

Well, I didn't do it.  Dennis (rednectum) did it for me.  My motor is as solid as slab of concrete 10K miles ex-post-facto.  Dennis used JE forged pistons.

This is going on an FLSTFSE, right?

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »

you will enjoy better results if you use TC88 heads instead of the 103. donors can be bought for around $200-250. you also want to consult a good head guy before doing anything. oh, and measure crank runout.

06 fastboy----im not soliciting your business, only offering to help. i have done many of the 3.935 bore builds, PM if i can answer any questions. i can tell you who to trust and more importantly, who not to!!

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:35:51 PM »

Yes they are going on a 06 SEFB.I know the stock heads are not the best,but I want to keep the script.Do you use flatop pistons or domed to get some more compression.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »

Yes they are going on a 06 SEFB.I know the stock heads are not the best,but I want to keep the script.Do you use flatop pistons or domed to get some more compression.

that would be covered during your builders interview. generic answer is YES! what heads, which cams, how much compression? all covered in the interview.

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:45:15 PM »

Well, I never could understand why someone would want to keep the 103 heads................for nothing more than script.............when they're bumping up to 107ci.  In my mind, there is s omething just not right about that, but to each his/her own.  I went with TC88 heads, 87cc combustion chambers, and couldn't be happier.  Then I got all that 103 stuff off the bike......so now it's honest.
My pistons are flat top JE forged.  Call Dennis (rednectum).  I know my build pretty good, but he knows it better.  You can't go wrong letting him do your work.  The man is a wizard.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »

Well, I never could understand why someone would want to keep the 103 heads................for nothing more than script.............when they're bumping up to 107ci.  In my mind, there is s omething just not right about that, but to each his/her own.  I went with TC88 heads, 87cc combustion chambers, and couldn't be happier.  Then I got all that 103 stuff off the bike......so now it's honest.
My pistons are flat top JE forged.  Call Dennis (rednectum).  I know my build pretty good, but he knows it better.  You can't go wrong letting him do your work.  The man is a wizard.

well not quite, but i do stay at the holiday inn exspress.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »

Do they have continental breakfast?
Fast food from a fast motor builder!
Awesome!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »

:ROFLOL:  You funny, G.I.  You're also one hell of a damn awesome engine builder, Brother!  Thumper has been ridden hard for better than 10K miles since you gave her back to me, and she ALWAYS answers the throttle.  Couldn't be happier with her.  Thanks, Dennis!

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »

:ROFLOL:  You funny, G.I.  You're also one hell of a damn awesome engine builder, Brother!  Thumper has been ridden hard for better than 10K miles since you gave her back to me, and she ALWAYS answers the throttle.  Couldn't be happier with her.  Thanks, Dennis!

thanks for the words henry. you designed the engine you wanted by answering the questions during the customer interview! next month will be one year!!!!!

BTW, i see the favorite avatar is back. hehe

REGGAB

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 11:41:56 PM »

thanks for the words henry. you designed the engine you wanted by answering the questions during the customer interview! next month will be one year!!!!!

BTW, i see the favorite avatar is back. hehe

WOW!  Been a year already..........almost!  Time flies, but evidently I'm not riding enough, since I've only put a scant 10K miles on Thump's new UCLA engine.  Need to change that...........................   :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.