Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: New Red VRod SE  (Read 10881 times)

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
New Red VRod SE
« on: June 08, 2005, 06:01:57 PM »

Stopped by my local dealer yesterday and they had a new red SE V rod on the floor. Really good looking. I had a seat and this thing is really really comfortable. I sure like my SEEG but this new SE V Rod is stunning! Let's see if I sold the plane and got rid of one of my other vehicles...................... [smiley=beerchug.gif]
MObe

rekoch

• Sandman
Re: New Red VRod SE
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 04:41:51 PM »

Hey Mike,

The SE V-Rod is sharp, but it is definitely a 100 mile bike, even with a Corbin seat, just no place else to put your feet. If you are into speed, it will give you the biggest fix Harley has to offer. Mine is at the painters this week, having skulls and real flames done, I'll show it to you when I get it back.

The V-Rod makes a real nice commuter, but I wouldn't give up my FL for it.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 02:21:34 AM »

Naw, I wouldn't give up the ole jalapeno, heck it's got me all spoiled with the sound system, cruise control, and nice ride. But I would sure like to have that SE VRod as a second bike.
 I saw a guy with an orange SE V rod yesterday evening at Lumpys, and he said that he has an FL as his main ride and the SE VRod to play around town on.
MObe

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 01:48:20 PM »

I took the SE V Rod for a ride this past weekend.
 Man that thing has got power all over the place. The bike had about 150 miles on it so I gassed it fairly hard a couple of times and it is wicked fast.
 Suspension works great, seat is comfortable and it is as steady as a rock.
 I would like to have the forward controls back about 3" and add a small windshield, and the bike would be a keeper.
MObe

SEFAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 12:33:48 PM »

I am lucky enough to have a wife who rides. She has 05 SeVrod. I have the SEEG. Her bike is great for around town or fast riding in the mountains. Took her bike to north Georgia and could almost keep up with the rice burners in the mountains. Biggest problem was right turns. Scraped quite a bit off the end of the stock exhaust.
Now A WARNING  to current or future SeVrod owners. DO NOT install reinhart pipes with the Screamin Eagle race tuner kit. My life and my wifes bike has been hell since. The local dealer upsold me to the race tuner kit over the standard download. $460. The reason given was to "tune out flat spots" The bike had none from the factory. It wasn't till I asked later that I found the local dealer had no dyno machine. I asked how do you tune it. The response given was "we have preset settings. The bike was junk the moment i left the dealership. A trip to a local gear head shop and another $500 later the bike runs well enough for my wife but is still not right. I'm now being told the Reinharts have to go if I want to get any kind of decent performance out of it. That will require throwing away the $700 Reinharts and spending another $500 on the new set. I WISH I HAD LEFT THE BIKE STOCK. It was plenty fast and no spits or hiccups. I will probably trade it in for 2006 and leave the new one alone. Hope this keeps someone else from throwing $1500 out the window.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 03:49:28 PM »

I WISH I HAD LEFT THE BIKE STOCK. It was plenty fast and no spits or hiccups. I will probably trade it in for 2006 and leave the new one alone. Hope this keeps someone else from throwing $1500 out the window.

Can't you simply put it back to stock instead of taking another hit in the wallet on a trade?

SEFAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 09:49:56 AM »

How? I don't quite understand these "downloads". Is there a factory "download' that puts the bike back to factory specs? Also it would require all new fatory pipes. I have not checked the catalog but I would imagine that would be in the $1000 range(headers, hardware and slipons). Plus can I trust the local dealer to do all this after they recommended the current set up?. I have thought of that but I fear things would only get worse.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 09:58:44 AM »

How? I don't quite understand these "downloads". [bgcolor=Yellow]Is there a factory "download' that puts the bike back to factory specs?[/bgcolor] Also it would require all new fatory pipes. I have not checked the catalog but I would imagine that would be in the $1000 range(headers, hardware and slipons). Plus can I trust the local dealer to do all this after they recommended the current set up?. I have thought of that but I fear things would only get worse.

Yes - any dealer can flash the ECM with the original map.  Of course, they will charge for that service.
One possibility to think about - sell the Race Tuner and the pipes to offset the cost of going back to stock.  What happened to the original pipes, by the way.  When I change pipes I always keep the originals "just in case".
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 10:28:43 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 12:01:04 PM »

How? I don't quite understand these "downloads". Is there a factory "download' that puts the bike back to factory specs? Also it would require all new fatory pipes. I have not checked the catalog but I would imagine that would be in the $1000 range(headers, hardware and slipons). Plus can I trust the local dealer to do all this after they recommended the current set up?. I have thought of that but I fear things would only get worse.

The only thing about going back to "stock" that makes it less of a guessing game is that you have a fixed target.  You KNOW what "stock" was.  So you're actually replicating a pre-existing set of settings and parts rather than chasing some new performance and figuring it out as you go.

In other words; stock would be as stock used to be when the bike was new.  No guessing that way.

DaveW

• 2006 VRSCSE2
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 11:12:15 AM »

Hiya.
Just like to say I have recently ordered an SE V rod in red to ride round this little island called England [smiley=banana.gif].If like me you fell in love with it get the hell down their and buy it. Got a Sportster at the mo but Im'e selling it.
Regards.
daveW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 03:29:14 PM »

Hiya.
Just like to say I have recently ordered an SE V rod in red to ride round this little island called England [smiley=banana.gif].If like me you fell in love with it get the hell down their and buy it. Got a Sportster at the mo but Im'e selling it.
Regards.
daveW

Congratulations on the new bike Dave.  There are a few UK members that lurk hereabouts.  Keep an eye out and you may find some new mates to ride with.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 12:03:21 PM »

Hey SEFAN   In another thread on this SEVROD sight I describe my experinces with my 05 SEVROD Dyno numbers are 120hp and 86 ft lbs with real quick ET's from idle to full power. Difference between your wife's and mine is that I have a Thunderheader, K & N Air filter with the air box top removed and a SE Race Tuner. I CAN beat the imports off the line and up to 150 mph. In case you haven't pushed it that hard yet, the SEVROD hits redline in 5th gear at that speed  (I have the entire Mohave to play in out here in Dago)  I love the Reinharts on my 03 SERK, but believe them to be a bagger pipe. Only problem with the Thunderheader is that you best believe you do not want to get on it unless you're out in the country. It is freakin LOUD! but when you hit the start button, it turns heads with a sound only a Lambo or a Ferrari can match.

SEFAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 06:26:03 PM »

I found a good tech with a dyno and a in depth understanding of the SE race tuner. After three hours on the machine he got the bike right.  His first pass when I showed up 103hp 81tq. After three hours 120hp 86tq. It was just a matter of fiding someone who new the workings of the race tuner. Apparently the dealership just loaded the preset for the SE 16g pipes. Not the same. Amazing the difference on the road.

DaveW

• 2006 VRSCSE2
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 02:53:27 AM »

Well, my new SE 2 Rod arrived yesterday and I have to say it is the most stunning machine have  have ever seen. Can't wait to get my ass on the seat (when it stops raining) Well done America for producing such fine machinery.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 05:57:54 AM »

Dave congrats are in order. I know you will like the bike. Now I won't say anything about some pics of the bike but I am sure someone on here will.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 12:14:41 PM »

Dave congrats are in order. I know you will like the bike. Now I won't say anything about some pics of the bike but I am sure someone on here will.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Yeah, Dawg, like; where the hell are yours!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 03:53:10 PM »

Well, my new SE 2 Rod arrived yesterday and I have to say it is the most stunning machine have  have ever seen. Can't wait to get my ass on the seat (when it stops raining) Well done America for producing such fine machinery.

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the club...

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 10:07:24 PM »

Yeah, Dawg, like; where the hell are yours!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

You might be getting a call tomorrow. I do have the camera now just need to get a 140 ( fire dept form for operating appartus in DC) on the camera and we will be cookin!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 10:59:27 AM »

Congrats on the bike.   What exactly does it look like with your own personalization added to it.

In other words  [smiley=worthless.gif]

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 11:24:31 AM »

OK I got checked out on the camera (140 signed by momma) now I just tried to download software from Cannon and it won't load the program!!!!!! Aein't this some chit?????? I got some pics but now I need to call tech support for some of those there distructions!!!!!! I hope I can get this thing working. I do have a lap top that might do the trick.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 11:36:14 AM »

OK now who is going to walk me through this process????? I even want to see pics of this bike on here!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 12:45:32 PM »

OK now who is going to walk me through this process????? I even want to see pics of this bike on here!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Mike, first you'll need to make sure the pictures on your computers are ready for the site and you'll need to know where on your computer they are.  To make them ready for the site they'll likely need to be sized down from how they came out of the camera.  Resize them to 800x600.  That's a good size for the site.  The "My Pictures" directory might or might not be where they've ended up on your computer.  But you'll need to know.

Once they are sized corrrectly and you you know where they are come back to the site.  Start a post normally.  Type in whatever description matches the picture you are posting.  Then just below the text box you'll be typing in you'll see a button that reads Browse, click that button.

When you've done this a box titled Choose a File will display.   That's where you find the file you wish to post on your computer.  Locate the file and double click on it.

Once you've done that the filename and its path will show up in the previously empty box next to the Browse button that you'd clicked previously.  At this point you're ready to hit Post to save the message just as you would for any other post you made.

Note, however, don't hit Preview first.  For reasons mystical and unexplained choosing Preview will strip away an attached file so you'll lose the picture and have to start over again.

If all this helps, great.  If not feel free to give me a call when you're screwing with it.  

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 02:18:38 PM »

CAN'T YOU MAKE ANY EASIER??????? I will give it a try in a while. I think Momma knows how.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 04:25:59 PM »

CAN'T YOU MAKE ANY EASIER??????? I will give it a try in a while. I think Momma knows how.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dawg...Sure am glad you're better with engine builds than you are with camera's.  
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 04:58:17 PM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Yes.  Here are the instructions.

Take picture.  
Print picture.
Tape picture to monitor.

It will then be displayed whenever you are on the computer in all posts and programs.  This is the "universal posting method."  But it's only for advanced users.  So be careful.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 11:49:14 PM »

Take picture.  
Print picture.
Tape picture to monitor.

It will then be displayed whenever you are on the computer in all posts and programs.  This is the "universal posting method."  But it's only for advanced users.  So be careful.

Thanks I needed that!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 04:07:59 PM »

Take picture.  
Print picture.
Tape picture to monitor.

Hey Twolanerider.  I did as you suggested, but now everyone's bike looks just like mine. Even yours..............  ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2006, 09:00:51 PM »

Hey Twolanerider.  I did as you suggested, but now everyone's bike looks just like mine. Even yours..............  ;D

Mrs We.  If you really want to see something startling watch to see what everyone looks like if you use this procedure and post a picture of JC.  :o

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2006, 09:56:15 PM »

You know this flu took me down for a few days. Sitting around the house for 4 days bored and catching up on some sleep. All I had to do for a laugh was show up here for 15 or 20 minutes. Man this is great.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 06:06:01 AM »

Mrs We.  If you really want to see something startling watch to see what everyone looks like if you use this procedure and post a picture of JC.  :o

[smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=sauer052.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif][size=72]OMG![/size]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:13:24 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 11:14:28 AM »

Oh Mrs We.  I caught Dawg's flu last night.  My all over feels like my innards got run over by my outards.  Don't make me laugh [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

nzrs

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »

Hi Dave,  Congrats on your new toy.  I'm based in New Zealand and have a 2003 SE Deuce and 2005 SE Vrod (Red).  I' love my Vrod but really like to see some good pics of your bike since i'm keen to get a 2006 myself.  Apart from the fat tyre and ignition key re-location, do you know what the other improvements are on 2006 model ?  Rumi

VRSCSE

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 04:06:46 AM »

It has a sligtly hotter set of cams than the 05 SE Vrods
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.