Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Re: Cobin seat issues  (Read 7290 times)

rekoch

• Sandman
Re: Cobin seat issues
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 09:52:36 AM »

I have a similar Corbin seat on my yellow SEEG, and it fits nicely. I get a lot of compliments on the grey ostrich and black snakeskin, I thinks it blends well with the grey on the bike, remember tony1968, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and most of us like to personalize our bikes, (just a little!)

Regarding Corbin, I have been using their seats exclusively for over 10 years, and during that time customer service has gone nowhere but down. I had fitment problems with the Corbin seat on my V-rod, and Corbin was unsympathetic.  I still struggle to open and close the seat to fill the gas tank. On the other hand, it is far more comfortable than anything the Motor Co. offers.  I ordered a matching chopped tourpak backrest for my SEEG seat, and the pad they sent me was nothing like the stocker. I emailed them pics of what they sent, and the stocker, and never received a reply. When I find a company that makes as comfortable a seat, in as many different leathers as Corbin, I will switch.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 11:28:07 AM »

Striker,

You obviously did not get what you paid for! [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] I've had very good experience with Corbin over the 4 times to date I've used them.

I hope you don't mind but I sent an email directly to Mike Corbin requesting he take a look at our site and this thread imparticular to see if he can remedy your/our concerns.

I guess sometimes its harder to stay number one then to get there [smiley=shocked2.gif]........let's see how he responds.

Fat Boy

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 01:53:16 PM »

Striker,

You obviously did not get what you paid for! [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] I've had very good experience with Corbin over the 4 times to date I've used them.

I hope you don't mind but I sent an email directly to Mike Corbin requesting he take a look at our site and this thread imparticular to see if he can remedy your/our concerns.

I guess sometimes its harder to stay number one then to get there [smiley=shocked2.gif]........let's see how he responds.

Fat Boy

Thanks a million FatBoy for sending an email.  I am also looking to get a new Corbin seat - I love mine but it was made for a RoadKing and I wanted the better fit.  Looks like Striker got one half made for our bikes and one half made for the RoadKing and most assuredly a sloppy job to boot.  Someone new or disguntled on the line and no one checking to ensure that the proper standards are being met before shipping.   [smiley=nervous.gif]

I want a new seat - basically just like I got but perhaps that pushes me forward some and with heat. I called and it is not an option. Not sure why the heat is not available for all their seats.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I am betting that Corbin wants to do right by Striker by giving him a great replacement and no cost to him for the exchange.  It would really prove to be to their wize judgement to do so at this juncture.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 01:54:07 PM »

I have a similar Corbin seat on my yellow SEEG, and it fits nicely. I get a lot of compliments on the grey ostrich and black snakeskin, I thinks it blends well with the grey on the bike, remember tony1968, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and most of us like to personalize our bikes, (just a little!)

Regarding Corbin, I have been using their seats exclusively for over 10 years, and during that time customer service has gone nowhere but down. I had fitment problems with the Corbin seat on my V-rod, and Corbin was unsympathetic.  I still struggle to open and close the seat to fill the gas tank. On the other hand, it is far more comfortable than anything the Motor Co. offers.  I ordered a matching chopped tourpak backrest for my SEEG seat, and the pad they sent me was nothing like the stocker. I emailed them pics of what they sent, and the stocker, and never received a reply. When I find a company that makes as comfortable a seat, in as many different leathers as Corbin, I will switch.

Rekoch,

I was just at Americade here ins Lake George NY, yesterday and visted with Corbin and Mustang. I had Corbin quote me for the full package on SEEG  dual tour seat with tour pack pack bac pad wth arm rest, and a drive and passinger back rests with 10% discount slightly over $1286.00, and shipping was another $25.00

I then visted with Mustang, (which I have on my 2001 FLSTF) (and had the bike with me at both vendors) and tried thier Road King 1 Piece Tour seat (Which is 17" wide for driver and 14" wide for passinger) and then thier Road King 2 piece Driver Solo with Back rest (Which is 16.5" wide) and the Passinger seat removable Pad at 13.5" wide. Thier leather is softer and the seats felt much better then the Corbin hard pan shelled seats. So the results where I went with a Mustang Road King Solo seat with Back rest, Pasinger seat with Pillion Pad, Tour Pack back rest with arms and also Passinger removable back rest, but it even gets better.

The Mustang team sold me the Passenger backrest with the arm rest mounted and installed to my Chopped tour pac at no charge for isntallaitin for $234.00 Tax included. I then asked them for the part numbers for the Solo Seat and Back Rest the Passinger seat Pillion Pad and also the Passinger backrest for removeable back rest, and advised them that I woudl purchase through J&P Cycles as tey ill offer me a 10% discount. They said no problem as long as I buy the products from one of thier vendors. I did not pucrhase these items direct from Mustang as they are full price (As Mustnag does not under cut thier vendors) and I would have been charged TAX 7%. So I then went and visited with J&P Cycles and I placed the order for the exact Same Seats and items and received a 10% discount for ordering at Americade, FREE Shipping and NO SALES TAX as it will be shipped outside of Iowa. Total cost for entire package Solo Seat with Back rest, Removable Passinger Pillion seat, Passinger Back Rest for removable back rest, and also the Tour Pac Back rest woth Arms installed $926.00, a savings of just over $360.00 Compared to what Corbin was offering for a 1 Piece seat Package. I then took the bike over to the Progressive Shock Trailer that was there and had them mount 2 - Progressive 440 Chrome Shocks on my 2005 SEEG for $481.50, includes Parts, Labor and Tax. So over all I ended up wth a great removable seat Package and new Progressive 440 shocks Installed for $130.00 more then what the Corbin seat would have costed me and I do not have to wait 4 to 5 weeks for Corbin seat as J&P is shipping my order today for mid week next week delivery from Iowa.

J&P also stated that if you place an order through them during Americade and tell them that you where there and this is why you are ordering they will honor the Free Shipping on any order plus a 10% disocunt off Catalog pricing.

Just my two cents as saving money and getting the best is my game.

Regards

Robert

Satisfied 2005 SEEG owner with quality aftermarket products  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

PS: I will post pictures of the entire set up by the end of next week so you all can see the dynomite deal and products mounted on the bike.....
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 02:07:30 PM »

No kidding!  I think I'll wait a while too!  (unless I can convince TwoLane he really wants mine and I could suffer with his...) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 02:32:13 PM »

No kidding!  I think I'll wait a while too!  (unless I can convince TwoLane he really wants mine and I could suffer with his...) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Sorry Coolbreeze.  The butt likes the seat just the way it is now.  Gotten to be nice and broken in (the seat, not the butt). [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 05:25:04 PM »

Robert...Please post of pic of your Mustang solo when you get it.  I've not seen one and can't seem to find that model on their site.  Thanks and good luck.

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 06:16:27 PM »

<<<Thier leather is softer>>>

Their seats feel softer initially but not due to softer leather....all of their seats are vinyl.  

elvis

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 07:15:21 PM »

Yeah your right booty is in the eye of the beholder!!! LOLL!! No offense striker... to each is own, just looks like your seat has the chicken pox.... and for 14 beans there should be a pair of lips  on that seat.... LOL!!!!   I was pissed my 500 dolla seat was coming apart at the seams!!!  The last custom seat I had, I cut the seat pan with sawz all,  I hacked all the foam with an electric steak knife to my specs and took it  to an custom auto upholstery shop picked out some fine material and dreamed up a design and had him sew it. Might of cost 2 beans.....   I dont think that would fly on my SERG now .... Good luck with the seat, and try the link to sargent...

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 08:23:35 PM »

Thanks for your effort FatBoy, I spoke to a guy named Bruce in Florida today, and he agreed that the QC was not there.  He suggested that the problem with the fit left to right at the tank was an issue with the tanks not being square.  Don't know if either I or Harley would buy that.  I sent him the same pics you saw, and he was issuing a RA today to the dealer.  I will take the seat in tomorrow.  I don't know if they can actually resolve all the issues, but I will give them a chance.  If they can't I will move on AFTER I GET MY MONEY BACK!  Bruce gave me suggestions on moving the anchor point of the front backrest insert, and then he wants more pics with my wife in the passenger position, and me in the rider position each alone.  So, I will keep you posted, at least someone is listening.  Thanks again for everyone's support.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2005, 01:04:15 AM »

Robert...Please post of pic of your Mustang solo when you get it.  I've not seen one and can't seem to find that model on their site.  Thanks and good luck.

BLM777:

Here is the weblink to the Mustang Seat I ordered. It is made out of leather and not vinyl: http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm You need to look under Road King 1997 and Up then scoroll down 3/4 of the way down and you will see the seat. Here is the Mustang Part#  
Road King 1997-up
79100 - Plain Solo with Driver Backrest (This is the seat that fits 04 and 05 SEEGs)
79317 - 2004-up Road King Custom FLHRS, Plain Solo with Driver Backrest (this seat will no fit a SEEG)

Width - 16.5"

$469

79110 - 13.5" Wide Plain Recessed Seat (This is the removal back seat)

$180

I hope this helps. I will post pictuires once the seat is in and mounted to the bike.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 01:08:25 AM by Rsantucc »
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 07:27:40 AM »

Thanks....Found it on the site and will  pass it along to several friends who are looking.

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 07:37:08 AM »

BLM777:

Here is the weblink to the Mustang Seat I ordered. It is made out of leather and not vinyl:

Nope.  Nada.  Ain't happenin.  Not necessarily a big deal but again Mustang does not make leather seats.

http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm

From the Mustang site FAQ:

All covers are designed, cut and individually sewn at our New England facility.

Covers are made of the highest quality expanded vinyl available. They have the appearance of black leather but the durability and resistance to the elements that exceed original equipment standards for motorcycle seats. All seams are sewn twice for strength. The bottom edge that holds the cover to the base plate is hemmed where the rivets hold the cover to the baseplate.

The edges of our seat skirts are finished with braid. Regal styles are tufted with covered buttons which are double-tied with four cords, not two. Mustang seats do not lose their buttons.

Q: Why does Mustang use vinyl seat covering?
A: Vinyl has the durability to resist all weather conditions better than other materials. It does not fade and requires practically no maintenance.

Q: Does Mustang offer leather seats as an option?
A: No, we do not make any seats in leather; all Mustang seats are covered with top quality expanded vinyl for durability and easy care.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 10:04:14 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmm

Q: Why does Mustang use vinyl seat covering?
A: Vinyl has the durability to resist all weather conditions better than other materials. It does not fade and requires practically no maintenance.  

reads just like the brochure I give out for vinyl siding on the houses

Maybe the siding rejects are melted down and used for seats.

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 11:07:35 AM »

Perhaps the "is it vinyl or leather" confusion is coming from the representation of the sales staff.  I've noticed the last couple of years that at the shows the Mustang people started referring to their vinyl seats as being a "synthetic leather" product.  From there it would be just an easy slip of the tongue to occasionally drop the "synthetic."   They're still nice looking seats.  Very cute actually.  But I've never seen one that, no matter how it was dressed or treated, didn't still look vinyl-ish.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.