Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Re: Cobin seat issues  (Read 7302 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cobin seat issues
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2005, 01:23:31 AM »

Striker, the smaller back rest is really a comfortable piece.  I use it for front and rear.  Since the rear sets a bit higher than the front anyway with the larger piece in the rear things don't look at all symmetrical (at least to my eye).

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2005, 08:01:25 AM »

Latest update on Corbin issue.  Figured out one of the space problems for the passenger turned out to be they sold me the 02-L for both backrests, even tho their own catalog says not to use the 02-L on the front because in dramatically reduces the leg space for the passenger.  E-mailed Bruce at Corbin, gave him the quote and suggested they make a new backrest in the 02-S version that is recommended.  The saga continues next week.
Hey Elvis, that seat looks great, real class.

Yo Striker,
Thanks.  Glad to finally have it.  
I can imagine that an even bigger backrest like the 02-L would eat up too much room and cause your passenger problems like you mentioned.  The one I have is the 02-S and it's still pretty big.  The gunfighter backrest is the smallest and would look the best with my seat but doesn't seem like it would be near as comfortable for trips so I passed on it....02-S is just about right.  Good to hear Corbin is stepping up to help you on your issues.  Still want to hear how the front matched up so poorly...they gotta stop that cerveza on the job...me thinks they should comp you the missing 02-S for your trouble...

good luck,

elvis

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2005, 11:57:18 AM »

any update?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 08:58:21 PM »

2 weeks, nothing yet, sent them an e-mail yesterday to check on status, no response.  Will give them over the weeRe: Cobin seat issues
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 06/26/05 at 01:34:30 »
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2005, 01:40:53 AM »

2 weeks, nothing yet, sent them an e-mail yesterday to check on status, no response.  Will give them over the weeRe: Cobin seat issues

Love to hear what Corbin has done for you. I have read a few posts here and on other sites and it seems like Corbin is growing to fast and thier customer service is starting to lack. As you are experencing, they sold you the seat, they said they would make good and now you can't even get an email reply. Shame a company so well known is willing to let thier image and also quality suffer and have unsatisfied customers all for the $$$. Only in america......
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 01:42:04 AM by Rsantucc »
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2005, 08:07:40 AM »

You know its seems to me that there has been a lot of poor craftmanship going on in the customizing world latley.  [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] I have had 3 bikes customizied and on the last one I spent 2 1/2 years on a ground up customization of the bike and anyone I delt with seemed to boutch things up. It made me so sick because it cost me a lot of time and money to get things done.  [smiley=furious.gif]  Some parts had to be powdercoated 3 or 4 times, the paint really never was right after several times back and forth to the painter. Promises time and time again on the delivery of parts. Nothing but bold face lies. I understand that its called custom for a reason but hearing the excuses over and over again gets old.  [smiley=confused5.gif]The people that I delt  with were calling themselfs professionals. I dont think so. They were more like thiefs in the night.  [smiley=brood.gif]

[smiley=oops.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2005, 12:40:24 PM »

In past post I bragged about the Mustang Seat and have promised to post some pictures so you can compare Mustang against Corbin, well here are a  few:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 12:43:07 PM by Rsantucc »
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2005, 12:41:11 PM »

Another View, Wifes tushyy is very comfy now

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »

One more just for looks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2005, 12:43:34 PM »

One more just for looks

RSA, which specialty seat will you end up getting for the blue bike parked behind the red one ?   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2005, 12:45:45 PM »

...Wifes tushyy is very comfy now

I bet your wife's tushy is always comfy, but I bet you meant that your wife's tushy finds the seat comfy.... right?  

haaaa haaaa haaaaa!   [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2005, 01:40:51 PM »

Rsantucc. It looks as though you have the full passenger backrest on the chopped tour pak. If so, would you mind posting additional side view pics? I am interested in that set up but was concerned about the look. Thanks.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2005, 03:22:15 PM »

Another View, Wifes tushyy is very comfy now

Mrs. We, to follow on to your commmen, the first thing that came to mind as I read the above statement...

[smiley=worthless.gif]
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2005, 01:12:17 AM »

RSA, which specialty seat will you end up getting for the blue bike parked behind the red one ?   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Maybe another Custom mustang? LOL [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2005, 01:12:55 AM »

I bet your wife's tushy is always comfy, but I bet you meant that your wife's tushy finds the seat comfy.... right?  

haaaa haaaa haaaaa!   [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

BOTH!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.