Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: THE 110 FIX IS IN!!!!!  (Read 62620 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
THE 110 FIX IS IN!!!!!
« on: July 19, 2008, 04:56:17 AM »

Well got a call yesterday about the 110 fix. MOST OF THE DEALERS GOT A TSB on the fix yesterday!

It seems the MOCO doesn't think there is a lot wrong with the engineering of the 110.

The fix will includes (are you ready for this) new gaskets, new valve guides and new auto compression releases. NO CYLINDERS or PISTONS!!!!!

Well I have a problem now. I am ready to purchased a 2008 Duracell Dyna with the famous 110 motor. It is also a early 2008 model that is known to have the problem gaskets. I guess I need to wait till tuesday and decide if I really want it now.

For all the guys I have given S#$T to in the past (except Howie) LOL. I am  sorry. I thought the MOCO would go a little farther on the fix. I knew it would come but thought it would be a lot more than this.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:58:07 AM by DCFIREMANN »
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: THE 110 FIX IS IN!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:30:36 AM »

I think this could be referred to as trying to kill an elephant with an airgun.

Very cheap, annoying to the Elephant and everybody ends with Chit on their faces - again!

Way to go MoCo!

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 06:32:52 AM »

For them to do this so called fix, does the motor need to be leaking or do I just take the bike in and tell them to do the TSB

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 06:56:29 AM »

Being as I've bought enough Harley's to choke a bull this past few years, they sent me a letter outlining the fix months ago. In summary it said:

http://www.jimsusa.com/index.html

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 08:24:30 AM »

Well got a call yesterday about the 110 fix. MOST OF THE DEALERS GOT A TSB on the fix yesterday!

It seems the MOCO doesn't think there is a lot wrong with the engineering of the 110.

The fix will includes (are you ready for this) new gaskets, new valve guides and new auto compression releases. NO CYLINDERS or PISTONS!!!!!

Well I have a problem now. I am ready to purchased a 2008 Duracell Dyna with the famous 110 motor. It is also a early 2008 model that is known to have the problem gaskets. I guess I need to wait till tuesday and decide if I really want it now.

For all the guys I have given S#$T to in the past (except Howie) LOL. I am  sorry. I thought the MOCO would go a little farther on the fix. I knew it would come but thought it would be a lot more than this.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I was at my dealer. He said the 110 heads are being replaced also because the valve guides are dropping out on some of them. Is it the heads or are they just installing valve guides? Maybe I misunderstood him?

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 08:26:09 AM »

Oh ya, I voted BS. I have already experienced the famous cylinder liner shuffle. Ain't no gasket going to stop that. >:(

JW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »

Just as I thought, they have decided to use the same approach with the cylinders that they used with the cranks; Problem, we don't see no stinkin' problem!  They have obviously passed this off as a short term vendor quality issue, rather than the design issue I'm certain many of us see as being at the root of this.  I'd love to hear them explain why a 4.000 bore doesn't require a different cylinder than a 3.750 bore, but a 4.060 bore requires a completely different cylinder for the 113.  Why didn't they pass off the dropped valve guide issue the same way?  With the proper interference fit, a retainer ring shouldn't be needed.  Obviously another vendor quality issue (and one that has affected a much smaller number of people than the leak).

I sure hope that parts kit contains lots of spare studs and nuts and bolts.  With all the disassembly and reassembly and disassembly and reassembly going on until these engines finally expire, all the threads will be worn out.  And when many folks continue to experience leaks after this "fix", I'll love to see what the reaction to that will be.  Will we finally see a real fix, or another round of BS until everyone either gives up or sues the bastards.

I think I just got my answer about trading in my current POS on a new SERG POS - when both pigs and elephants fly.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 09:10:58 AM »

Just as I thought, they have decided to use the same approach with the cylinders that they used with the cranks; Problem, we don't see no stinkin' problem!  They have obviously passed this off as a short term vendor quality issue, rather than the design issue I'm certain many of us see as being at the root of this.  I'd love to hear them explain why a 4.000 bore doesn't require a different cylinder than a 3.750 bore, but a 4.060 bore requires a completely different cylinder for the 113.  Why didn't they pass off the dropped valve guide issue the same way?  With the proper interference fit, a retainer ring shouldn't be needed.  Obviously another vendor quality issue (and one that has affected a much smaller number of people than the leak).

I sure hope that parts kit contains lots of spare studs and nuts and bolts.  With all the disassembly and reassembly and disassembly and reassembly going on until these engines finally expire, all the threads will be worn out.  And when many folks continue to experience leaks after this "fix", I'll love to see what the reaction to that will be.  Will we finally see a real fix, or another round of BS until everyone either gives up or sues the bastards.

I think I just got my answer about trading in my current POS on a new SERG POS - when both pigs and elephants fly.

Jerry

HeHeHe! Guess there's no sense in me chiming in now! Spot on as always Jerry! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hogasm

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:25:54 AM »

For all the guys I have given S#$T to in the past (except Howie) LOL. I am  sorry. I thought the MOCO would go a little farther on the fix. I knew it would come but thought it would be a lot more than this.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dawg as of last night I could not find the SB on the fix. The last thing listed for the SE's was the heated seat wiring.

Maybe they just can't send the SB to everyone at one time, and it takes a couple of days for everyone to get it :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I'll look again this evening for it.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »

and the same cheap Crank.... Man, these 110's are going to be wall papper at the service centers nationwide after Aug 2009.. :huepfenjump3:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

Well, I look at it this way...if getting the minuscule amount of parts put in, fixes the problem, then it IS "The Fix".  If it doesn't fix the problem, then it's BS and it's back to the drawing board for the MoCo.  I have a 7 year ESP, and a Street Glide in the garage that I can ride if/when the Jester's in the shop, so I'm confident that they'll either keep having to "band-aid" it, or it will be fixed.  But I'll still be riding either way.  :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »

I'll be like the President from Missouri....SHOW ME!

Ride Sfae! :coolblue:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 12:31:19 PM »

Dawg as of last night I could not find the SB on the fix. The last thing listed for the SE's was the heated seat wiring.

Maybe they just can't send the SB to everyone at one time, and it takes a couple of days for everyone to get it :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I'll look again this evening for it.

whats up with the seat wiring?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 01:23:49 PM »

whats up with the seat wiring?

After yesterday I was hoping there'd be no more spews today.   :oops:   Should've known better.

Cowboy, there wasn't any problem with the seat wiring.  In another thread where folks were discussing HD's lack of response to the issues so many are facing; a very serious issue, some sarcastic dipstick SOB with no sense of propriety whatsoever suggested a new service bulletin was going to detail a need to install a new rheostat control in line to the seat wiring.  Because the engine problems were due to overheating from the heated seat working too well.

I am very sorry that someone offered up such a sarcastic suggestion on such a serious issue.  Someone should be punished.  But, come to think of it, that's been discussed elsewhere too :coolblue: .

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »

After yesterday I was hoping there'd be no more spews today.   :oops:   Should've known better.

Cowboy, there wasn't any problem with the seat wiring.  In another thread where folks were discussing HD's lack of response to the issues so many are facing; a very serious issue, some sarcastic dipstick SOB with no sense of propriety whatsoever suggested a new service bulletin was going to detail a need to install a new rheostat control in line to the seat wiring.  Because the engine problems were due to overheating from the heated seat working too well.

I am very sorry that someone offered up such a sarcastic suggestion on such a serious issue.  Someone should be punished.  But, come to think of it, that's been discussed elsewhere too :coolblue: .

hehe  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:    discussed and suggested.....  but acted upon??   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.