Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My New Wheels  (Read 1850 times)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
My New Wheels
« on: June 11, 2005, 10:19:08 AM »

Just added some nice chrome 6 spoke wheels to the Fat Boy. They are HD's 6 spoke, only before we put them on the bike, we sent them down to FL and had them grind off the ridges between the spokes and chrome the entire wheel. HD's version has the ridges and are brushed chrome between each spoke. They look much nicer this way.

Also have any of you added taller handlebar risers or different handlebars to get the bars up and back towards the rider more. These are OK but would be much better if the were up and back more. Would like to know too if any of you have added saddlebags. If so which ones and did you have to change anything to add them?

Here's a pic of the bike with the new wheels added.  [smiley=laugh.gif] Sandy
Sandy :)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: My New Wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 02:35:36 PM »

Sandy, try adding 2" taller risers......HD makes 'em.  That's what I did on my Nostalgia Softtail and used the same bars and it gave me just the right height addition and brought the bars back too.  Might be just the ticket for you and you can use the same bars.......a added bonus of not going anymore than that is that you may be ok w/ you existing cables and wiring.....that saves you a chunck of change!  Har!    [smiley=laugh.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 03:12:39 PM »

Sandy, try adding 2" taller risers......HD makes 'em.  That's what I did on my Nostalgia Softtail and used the same bars and it gave me just the right height addition and brought the bars back too.  Might be just the ticket for you and you can use the same bars.......a added bonus of not going anymore than that is that you may be ok w/ you existing cables and wiring.....that saves you a chunck of change!  Har!    [smiley=laugh.gif]  spyder

Thanks for the info. I'll check on those this week. Would be a bit more confortable to have them up and back a tad more.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Sandy

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 10:17:57 AM »

I'll have to say those where a good choice on the wheels.  Nice looking bike.....

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 05:14:55 PM »

I'll have to say those where a good choice on the wheels.  Nice looking bike.....

Thanks a lot. I do like them much better too.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Sandy

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.