Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Re: This Is Nuts (someone's wrecked red bike)  (Read 2609 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: This Is Nuts (someone's wrecked red bike)
« on: June 12, 2005, 01:31:47 AM »

Saw this earlier and it annoyed me until finally had to vent a little.  Take a look at this link (while it lives):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4555855338

It's a link to a wrecked 05 Cherry listed on eBay with 323 miles.  Every painted surface on the bike is at least touched.  Most are badly damaged.  Some are completely missing.  That doesn't mention all the bent chrome and a ding  in the frame the seller mentions.  And, of course, it's got a salvage title.

Ok, so it's a wrecked bike for sale.  Unfortunately some poor guy got a new bike and it got away from him at 323 miles.  That's sad and the guy has all the sympathy I can give.  But the seller......

Whomever got this thing from the insurance company is offereing to sell it repaired for $30,000 !!!  Or pitch it straight for $24,500 !!!   I know, I know, it's market economics.  Whatever he can get and someone else is willing to give.  I get it.  But can he really think someone is going to be that addled?  And, God forfend, surely someone won't really be that addled ?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 01:34:17 AM by twolanerider »

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 07:26:15 AM »

Just when you think you've seen or heard it all.  My rule of thumb on those deals is bidding at dealer cost (used) for the drive train.  I'd be very surprised if this guy paid more than $4500 from the insurance company.  Sure would like to meet the guy who buys it.....got some partially soggy rural land down here in FL that he might be interested in. [smiley=laugh.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 10:01:07 AM »

And wether the frame is straight or not, you can almost be assured that the neck bearing cups are out of round.  He could strip it all the way down and send it to the Frame Man or he can just buy a new frame.

He's rather fond of his "salvaged" titled bike.  I'm with BLM on this one.....it's not worth much more than the used value of the powertrain.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 10:01:06 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 12:13:28 PM »

Just when you think you've seen or heard it all.  My rule of thumb on those deals is bidding at dealer cost (used) for the drive train.  I'd be very surprised if this guy paid more than $4500 from the insurance company.  Sure would like to meet the guy who buys it.....got some partially soggy rural land down here in FL that he might be interested in. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Can you believe the high bid is up to $14100.01?  It looks like the only thing usable on the bike is the engine and transmission (maybe).  Couldn't you buy a new 103 and 5 speed with hydralic clutch for 14K? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 12:43:35 PM »

Unbelievable! [smiley=shocked2.gif]  It's comical to see all the photos of the extensive damage and then see the one showing 323 as if it's some huge selling point, lol!

Here are some quotes from the description: "The outer faring is ok(needs paint) the gas tank is ok(2 nicks in the paint) 1 lower faring is ok and the side covers are ok. The inner painted faring is cracked. The frame seems straight."

ROFLMAO, the frame seems straight.  And, all you need to do is just paint the outer fairing, the gas tank and you're good to go, lol!  There is so much dirt and crap on that bike, you're not seeing half of the problem areas on that thing.  Look at the rust on the rotors.  Could it be that the bike was submerged in water for a time?

Here's the best one: "I will fix the bike using new Harley parts(mostly) for $30,000."  A salvage title bike, partially repaired with Harley parts for $30,000.  This guy, and anyone who buys the bike, is smoking something. [smiley=smoking.gif]

Oh, and, check out the question somebody just asked and the guy's answer, lol!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 12:46:43 PM by 103tHunDer »

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 03:50:31 PM »

see a guys 05 ultra with custom paint - his wife caught him cheeting on her - beat the hell outa every painted - chrome piece on his bike - and the bike is in her name - go figure - there is not a piece on the bike not hit with her aluminum baseball bat

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 04:51:22 PM »

see a guys 05 ultra with custom paint - his wife caught him cheeting on her - beat the hell outa every painted - chrome piece on his bike - and the bike is in her name - go figure - there is not a piece on the bike not hit with her aluminum baseball bat

Haaaaa haaaaa haaaaa Only got a small dose of what he deserved.  Thanks for that one Shovel.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 07:33:23 PM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 05:01:11 PM »

Can you believe the high bid is up to $14100.01?  It looks like the only thing usable on the bike is the engine and transmission (maybe).  Couldn't you buy a new 103 and 5 speed with hydralic clutch for 14K? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, 04hd103,
 I think jmorton holds the position of "Certified Appraiser", on the Site.  I would suggest you consult with him, before submitting an offer.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

nrotik

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 06:47:23 AM »

You notice that it has the 04 Detonator rims and calipers???? I live near Roseville but am not registered on E-Bay.....If somebody could get a phone number from the seller I will go take a look at this piece of art...

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 07:45:31 AM »

You notice that it has the 04 Detonator rims and calipers???? I live near Roseville but am not registered on E-Bay.....If somebody could get a phone number from the seller I will go take a look at this piece of art...

Oh, great catch, nrotik!  Maybe he will knock a few $s off for not having the right wheels. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  I don't think I'd waste my time going to look at this POS if it was next door.

Dave

• Junior CVO Member
  • Head out on the highway, lookin for adventure.....
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 12:18:34 PM »

This guy is consistant at least.  Did you look at the other bikes he has for sale?  His buy in now price is $11000 on a bike hit so hard from the rear as to break the transmission.  All I can say to this fellow is "Step away from the pipe".
dkm

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 12:49:08 PM »

This guy is consistant at least.  Did you look at the other bikes he has for sale?  His buy in now price is $11000 on a bike hit so hard from the rear as to break the transmission.  All I can say to this fellow is "Step away from the pipe".

Wow!...hadn't seen the other four offerings.  What a steal...I emailed him an offer of 5K for all five of his ebay offerings.

Dave

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 08:07:44 PM »

Well, she is at $14,600.  If only it was Yellow.
Look on the bright side:  Track the bidding and then print out the final sale price and photos.  Whatever it sells for multiply by 3 and thats what your bike is worth!  I am betting you will be riding $60,000 bikes by the time its all over.
dkm

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 04:24:11 PM »

That guys got a lot of nerve to try and sell something on ebay like that.  [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Dave

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 11:46:54 PM »

And the winning bid was (drum roll please)  $16,600

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4555855338&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
[smiley=confused5.gif]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 11:47:53 PM by Dave »
dkm

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 01:08:51 AM »

And the winning bid was (drum roll please)  $16,600

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4555855338&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
 [smiley=confused5.gif]

Good grief.  They buyer is more of a glutton for punishment than Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.  Hey, the seller didn't twist anyone's arm into making them bid up to that price though.  A fool and his money........

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 03:35:24 AM »

That guy better quit smoking crack and remember that most people have a brain ... unlike him.

Dave

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »

I guess I am a bit slow today (caffeine low level light is on) but it just now occurred to me that within 6 months and $10,000 the purchaser of this wonderful piece of CVO art may well become one of us. Indeed he or she may well log on and start asking for advice.  Should one of us send the winning bidder a link to the site?  In fact perhaps we should watch all e-bay activity for CVO bikes and send the link to the winning bidders.  Most of them are purchasing bikes that can be ridden.
dkm

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 03:43:23 PM »

Great idea for promoting the site, Dave!  I'm not on eBay that much, but I will certainly keep this in mind when I am.

Dave

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 03:58:26 PM »

Well since I camp out on that site so much (often looking for a snowmobile which I find is much more effective at keeping it from snowing than owning a snowblower) I would be happy to e-mail those prospective members / New CVO owners.  I may not catch them all but I am sure to see a few.

dkm

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 04:32:54 PM »

Since your not getting the harley bags / tourpack and who knows what else with the bike as well as other parts pieces and rims,  and it has a scrap title and nothing to turn into the MOTO Corp.  do you think they will sell you painted items that match the CVO originally?

Just a thought

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 09:03:03 PM »

Since your not getting the harley bags / tourpack and who knows what else with the bike as well as other parts pieces and rims,  and it has a scrap title and nothing to turn into the MOTO Corp.  do you think they will sell you painted items that match the CVO originally?

Just a thought

I think all you need is a serial number to purchase painted parts.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 06:01:51 AM »

I think DC's right.  With the serial number and the salvage title I'm sure they will sell you the parts as a wreck rebuild.  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 1.291 seconds with 21 queries.