Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yuill exhaust.......  (Read 918 times)

funewgy

Yuill exhaust.......
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »

Does anyone have experience with Yuill exhausts for the CVOultra?  I'm thinking about them for several reasons......
power, sound and contributing to a cooler running engine.  I'm not wild about their looks, but form follows function and they're growing on me.

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
Re: Yuill exhaust.......
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:07:39 AM »

Living here in Reno where they are located a number of the HOG Chapter members run them.  I have only see one dyno print out, it was for an 06 SE Ultra, 103.  The only thing done to it was the stage 1 air cleaner and the Yuill Bros Exhaust.  Makes 101 hp & 100 lb ft torque at 4500 feet here in Reno.

I did a decible comparison of it with my 06 SE with same air cleaner & just SE Slip on Mufflers.  Mine makes 94 hp & 101 lb ft torque at sea level.  The two exhaust systems were within 1 to 2db of each other at all rpm's.  The noticable difference on the MC is the lack of noise in the riding area.  The rider & passenger can easily talk without yelling to each other.  The rider area noise level is very low compared to my SE.

The big deal is the lack of heat, they did an incredible job of getting rid of heat.  I like the system but as you say not crazy about the end cap look on the mufflers, however that is part of what makes them work.

The picture was taken more for the tour packs but shows the mufflers pretty well.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »

Does anyone have experience with Yuill exhausts for the CVOultra?  I'm thinking about them for several reasons......
power, sound and contributing to a cooler running engine.  I'm not wild about their looks, but form follows function and they're growing on me.

I have sold and installed many sets of these pipes. Fit and finish is at the top of the exhaust heap and they do perform very well. Compared to other systems out there such as the Thunder Header they have much more torque in the low to mid RPM ranges. On Erniezap's SEEG he got about 15 more ft lbs from 2000-4000 rpm than the thunder header. The peak numbers were very close.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 01:11:29 AM »

The only area of difference in performance between the T-header and the Freedom exhaust is the Freedom torque is basicallyflat to slight increase up to 3000 RPM where the T-header has a big dip.  The Freedoms are a lot quieter when you aren't jumping on it.  When you grab a handful, they get loud.  The one thing that IS missing is the T-header growl...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Lean Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO Fatboy 2006 - Sold Sept 2007
    • CVO2: CVO Ultra Classic 2007 - Sold Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 07:22:15 AM »

Had my Freedoms now for just over a year and very happy with the results.

Thanking Jim for the recomendiation it was well worth the wait.

D-

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »

Have a set on our 08 (we where the beta bike for 08) have been very happy with the work Brad and the guys at Freedom do this was my 3rd bike they have done.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.