Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008  (Read 61937 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008
« on: July 27, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »

Ok so we're one day away from my departure from home down to Gatwick Airport in London. The bike will be prepped when I deliver it to the Servisair Cargo bay and it will be loaded, along with us, onto our Airbus 330 ready for our flight to Calgary on Wednesday 30th July.

This thread will hopefully get updated by me and all the good CVO buddies that we will meet during our trip. Any pictures, comments  ::) reports will be most welcome

Our route takes in almost 8,000 miles starting from Calgary and heading down to Sturgis before wending down through the Rockies to the Grand Canyon. Phoenix is next, on through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas and hitting the Gulf Coast in Galveston. New Orleans, Memphis and on up to Milwaukee for the 105th and finall y our last hop over the top of Lake Michigan, round to Manitoulin Island and finally down to Toronto for our flight home. 41 days in total start to finish with a total travelling distance of around 17.500 miles - 8,500 approx. in the saddle.

We are meeting up with a good few people on the way - Talon, Hogasm, Iski, Twincam, Jorge, 103tHunDer, neocacher, Al & Janine, Twolane, Murphy, Muffman, Harleyteam, Bayoubiker, cash338 to name a few plus a whole bunch more at our GTG's in Piedmont and Milwaukee. Hopefully all these people will manage a few pics to post on here.

I am also taking a Spot Satellite Tracker which can be viewed at:

http://jasonjonas.org/spot/tripViewer.do?id=192

This addy will take you to the site and give you a map of the USA and Canada. You can pan in and out of the map and view it as terrain as well as a road map. I guess the first locator beacon will appear on here late on Wednesday 30th July and then it will provide a constant track of our ongoing journey.

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone - if you know any of the folks I have mentioned and would like to tag along we'd love to see you too.

Here's the overview map of our full trip.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:32:32 AM by BalDeagle »
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
Re: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »

Ride Safe, Nige.

See you in a couple weeks....
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »

best of luck on ur trip, nige, greetings from expat (guernsey) nige in switzerland

twincamscreamer

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »

:huepfenjump3:

Nige & Jans,

You must be excited.  Randy and I are looking forward to meeting up with you for the ride from Tombstone.  Stay safe and have fun.  See you in a couple of weeks.

Debra

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:53:45 PM »

Hey Nige have a safe trip across the pond. This sounds like an amazing trip. Have a great time and ride safe.

Howie

Jonince

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 04:25:16 AM »

Nige n Jan............Ride safe buddy. Looking forward to following your trip as you do it. Wish i was coming with you.....so looking forward to the 110th when Kim and i will be !

Jon

DavidEBadcock

• www.davidbadcock.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 06:17:42 AM »

Have a fantastic safe ride, enjoy.

I've put the SPOT link and this thread link on my home page Nige.

www.davidbadcock.co.uk

Later

Dave
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 06:21:02 AM by DavidEBadcock »
Ride safe and have fun! www.davidbadcock.co.uk

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 07:04:14 AM »

Nige , ride safe. That is one sweet trip. Look me up when you are in the Toronto area.THE MUFFMAN
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:38:09 AM by Muffman »

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 08:06:16 AM »

Ok so we're one day away from my departure from home down to Gatwick Airport in London. The bike will be prepped when I deliver it to the Servisair Cargo bay and it will be loaded, along with us, onto our Airbus 330 ready for our flight to Calgary on Wednesday 30th July.

This thread will hopefully get updated by me and all the good CVO buddies that we will meet during our trip. Any pictures, comments  ::) reports will be most welcome

Our route takes in almost 7,000 miles starting from Calgary and heading down to Sturgis before wending down through the Rockies to the Grand Canyon. Phoenix is next, on through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas and hitting the Gulf Coast in Galveston. New Orleans, Memphis and on up to Milwaukee for the 105th and finall y our last hop over the top of Lake Michigan, round to Manitoulin Island and finally down to Toronto for our flight home. 41 days in total start to finish with a total travelling distance of around 16,000 miles - 7,750 approx. in the saddle.

We are meeting up with a good few people on the way - Talon, Hogasm, Iski, Twincam, Jorge, 103tHunDer, neocacher, Al & Janine, Twolane, Murphy, Muffman, Harleyteam, Bayoubiker, cash338 to name a few plus a whole bunch more at our GTG's in Piedmont and Milwaukee. Hopefully all these people will manage a few pics to post on here.

I am also taking a Spot Satellite Tracker which can be viewed at:

http://jasonjonas.org/spot/tripViewer.do?id=192

This addy will take you to the site and give you a map of the USA and Canada. You can pan in and out of the map and view it as terrain as well as a road map. I guess the first locator beacon will appear on here late on Wednesday 30th July and then it will provide a constant track of our ongoing journey.

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone - if you know any of the folks I have mentioned and would like to tag along we'd love to see you too.

Here's the overview map of our full trip.

Nige
Dont forget Mark & Angie a.k.a  "Junkman" & "Junkmom" in Miwaukee. Have a great time and be safe. ;D

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 08:33:23 AM »

Getting close!!! :pepper: :bananarock:

Be safe, looking forward to getting together on the 10th. Like the Satellite mapping, we'll keep and eye on you guys!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:56:52 AM by Talon »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 10:23:51 AM »

Mi amigo Nige......have a good trip and see you on Tuesday, August 26 in Urbana, IL......you have my cel so do not hesitate to contact me for any reason...

Be safe,

Jorge

genecvo

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 12:30:57 PM »

:apple: What a great trip - hope the weather is pleasant - see you for our Steak dinner at Piedmont.
Gene Foster

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »

Nige & Jan,

Safe travels & know you will really enjoy your ride!  What a great route! Look forward to meeting you in Milwaukee & by then the stories you will have to tell........

Mike

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 10:02:43 PM »

Cool little motorcycle icon is on the map! :2vrolijk_21:

Ride safe, guys . . . see ya in a few weeks!

DavidEBadcock

• www.davidbadcock.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 02:49:31 AM »

Hi Nige,

Your first SPOT shows you at the airport, must of been the first thing you did when you got your bike from customs.  I've posted the links on my Home page and the Geordie Chapter website so we are all looking forward to your first report.

Later

Dave
Ride safe and have fun! www.davidbadcock.co.uk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 23 queries.