Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008  (Read 62216 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »

Hi Everybody - great to see that so many folk are managing to keep track of us via the SPOT satellite tracker.

We arrived in Calgary on Wednesday 30th July and got the bikes safely delivered back to us via the Canadian customs department. Hooked the batteries back up and both bikes fired up first time. No damage caused in transit either so we were good to go. We spent the first night in calgary and set off for Glacier National Park the next morning. Had a great ride down and enjoyed the great weather and the wide open spaces.

Next morning we set off acroos the Going to the Sun Highway and over Logans Pass in the Park - what a road - saw Mountain Goats, Big Horn Sheep and various large birds of prey. headed on into Missoula that afternoon and marveled at the wide open spaces of Montana. Those roads just seem to go on forever with never ending view of the Rockies to enjoy on the way. Traffic was virtually non existent and we travelled under a clear blue sky into magnificent rolling countryside.

Missoula has some real characters and after eating a great dinner in The Depot we enjoyed several beverages with the locals in various bars. The HA were in town too so many bikes were thundering around the city.

Next day saw another tremendous ride through Montana down to Yellowstone. We had a great lunch in Jackson Hot Springs at a fantastic bar and Hotel which we must try and stay at sometime in the future.

Arrived at the Stagecoach Inn in Yellowstone in good time for a few brews and then met Keithincda for a good chin wag and a few more brews. Keith had travelled a long way to meet us and we really appreciated the effort he mad along with his friend gerry - here's to you Keith :2vrolijk_21:

We spent a full day the next day in Yellowstone doing all the tourist stuff - cuddling Bears, petting Buffalo, canoodling the Elks and bathing in Old Faithful. Yellowstone is a truly remarkable place and really needs a few more days to do it justice.

Following morning and we heade out of Yellowstone through the Park and up to Mammoth Springs. What a sight, it sure amazes you to think how much water and how long it must have taken to build those Travertine Hills to such a size. We then headed on along the Chief Joseph Highway and up over the much praised Beartooth Pass. 11,000 feet and very cold - we rode through snow at the side of the road and enjoyed the spectacular views and the sweeping curves of the road through. Well reccommended by you good folks on here and very enjoyable.

We arrived in Cody that night at Buffal Bills Irma Hotel and spent some time watching the Wild west Show before enjoying a slap up dinner and of course more Moose Drool and Fat Tire.

Wednesday we travelled the BIg Horn Mountains on route 14a - if you get a chance do it. Superb road with little or no traffic and a great place to stop in the middle for lunch called the Bear Resort Inn.

So that brings us up to date as we are now in Deadwood and enjoying Sturgis and all the surrounding countryside and sites. We are off on a 285 mile loop tomorrow to take in the Badlands and as much of the monuments and sites as possible.

We had a great dinner last night at The Elk Creek Steak House with Al and Janine and Pado along with his wife Phyllis. A shame the other people who said they were going to join us didn't show, but you all missed a great night - hopefully there will be another time for us to meet you.

SPOT looks to be working well - you are right Howie, only straight lines to join the dots as this is a satellite tracker and it does not follow any road map. I just need to hit the " I am here" button as often as possible to keep the route as true as is possible.

I currently have no cell phone network - i dont know why, but everything is on track for us to meet up with the rest of the CVO crew. See you soon Craig. I'll phone you from the Hotel if I stll have no network coverage.

Sorry I can't post any pictures from here - hopefully I'll get to do that at Talons when I see him on Sunday.

Thanks for all the good wishes - I'll keep you updated as and when I can.

For now.

Nige & Jan  :2vrolijk_21:
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2008, 02:10:04 PM »

It's good to hear from you Nige. Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you and your trip. Can't wait for the pics  :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe

Howie

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »

How cool is this?! !!! Glad you're having a great ride and seeing so much. Just got back from some of the very roads your riding and loved it all.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

Great hearing from ya Nige! Glad things are going well for youze! Too bad I couldn't be there to see you guys. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Say hi to Jan for us!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »

Nige good to hear your enjoying the  trip  and eveything is going as planned. Be safe  :2vrolijk_21:
                                                Dave
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:02:01 AM by Gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »

Great ride report so far, Nige!

Still chuckling over the "bathing in Old Faithful" line....   ;D ;D ;D

Look forward to meeting You & Jan in Milwaukee.

Ride safe, Bro!

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2008, 06:37:24 PM »

"canoodling"   :D :D

I like to even if I have to by myself.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »

Ride safe, you guys!  Can't wait to see ya in a couple weeks! :huepfenjump3:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2008, 11:18:41 PM »

Thanks for the update mi amigo Nige....see you soon......meanwhile ride safe!!

twincamscreamer

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:Glad to hear you are having a great ride.  Can't wait to meet up with you in Tombstone.  Ride safe and keep smiling! ;D

Debra

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »

Possibly bad weather most the day today, right down the corridor where Nige will be riding. Hope it holds off, it cloudy here and pretty dark over the mountains. I smoked the pork yesterday just in case it did rain, plus I wasn't sure when they'd show up today. Should clear tonight for the ride over Trail Ridge tomorrow.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »

Possibly bad weather most the day today, right down the corridor where Nige will be riding. Hope it holds off, it cloudy here and pretty dark over the mountains. I smoked the pork yesterday just in case it did rain, plus I wasn't sure when they'd show up today. Should clear tonight for the ride over Trail Ridge tomorrow.

I have to say it looks good. Be sure to get a shot of Nige when he sinks his chops into that.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2008, 01:19:21 AM »

Nige & Jan are here with Craig and Vicky. We have smoked the Pork and it made my Knob Creek!

Had a great ride down today, managed to miss all of the rain bar one shower just before we hit the I25. Custer State Park was well worth the ride especially the Needles highway.

Visited the Badlands yesterday and called in to cuddle a few bears in the Bear Country USA park near Rapid City. Ended the day in Jakes restaurant in Deadwood - if you are in the neighbourhood try it it's well reccommended.

We are going through the Rocky mountain National Park with Craig in the morning and then on down to Gunnison later in the day.

Thanks to Craig and Vicky for the Colorado hospitality.

Nige 
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

DavidEBadcock

• www.davidbadcock.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2008, 07:40:34 AM »

Good report Nige, did you see John Johnston and his crew in Sturgis?

We need pictures?

Sounds like you are all having a ball.  SPOT is brilliant almost feels like I'm riding with you; memories of 2003,

Enjoy, later

Dave :)
Ride safe and have fun! www.davidbadcock.co.uk

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2008, 09:18:58 AM »

We had a good time last night ate to much, sampled several of the local brews, then Nige made me get the Knob Creek Bourbon out! ::)
Here's a few pic's before my batteries in my camera went dead.

Nige and my wife Vicki.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 23 queries.