Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008  (Read 62195 times)

cash338

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
Re: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2008, 10:53:18 AM »

Welcome to TEXAS,  See you wednesday.  Keep me posted or call, and tell me where to meet you on the road.  Ride  safe.    Scot
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »

Just catching a littlr breakfast in Fort Stockton before heading on through Texas to San Antonio, Morning is bright and clear so I guess we might take the back route via Del Rio.

The States we have covered are notching up now - Alberta, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico & Texas - great riding through all of them and it looks like we are staying lucky with the weather. We did some Texas storm dodging yesterday and watched in awe as the localised storms full of sand and lightning spead through. We managed to outrun em though and stayed dry all day.

Nige,
       hope ya'll are doing ok. let me know when you get to La. might be able to hook you up with some raging  Cajuns .
later bro Randy

Will do Randy.
Welcome to TEXAS,  See you wednesday.  Keep me posted or call, and tell me where to meet you on the road.  Ride  safe.    Scot

We'll give you a ring tomoroow when we are heading towards Galveston. See you there Scot.

Now that is better, lots of pictures to make us all jealous!  Look like you are all having a ball.

Ride safe and enjoy the rest of your time; more pictures please,

Later

Dave

Yep - now we have hooked up with a few more CVO folks the pics are starting to hit the forum.  We are having a great time.

Nige........at last some pictures !........As of this morning 18th August back in blighty 1105 hits on JasonJonas site. Looking like you n Jan are enjoying all that good old hospitality USA style......I am having some razor blades and larger riding gear sent ahead of you to Niagra Falls.....looks like you'll be needing them ! Just to let you know it's rained every day since you left !. Nothing much going on at home...another couple of road crew resignations following on from the lead feckers defection to BMW.....The Lord is listening after all !...... you both keep safe and well and look after your SERK it's serving you proud !  Still 3 more weeks or riding....Wow ! Heres to you n Jan  :drink: ...Love Jon n Kim xx

Thanks for the kind comments Jon ! You cheeky git  ;)  Everything is still going well - both bikes are running like trains with no problems. Glad to hear that the weather is so bad you deservwe nothing less!

Gotta go - got miles to ride.

Nige, you got out just in time, Friday they closed Trail Ridge because of snow over  10,000. It rained here for two days here, never made it out of the 60's. Looks like your having a great time. Did you get to see any of the ruins in Mesa Verde? Looks like you only went part way thru the park then headed out. Bear tooth and the area in to Silverton is usually very cool in the morning. Vicki says hi and be safe, talk to you later.

Craig

Sounds like perfect timing to me. You must have organised that way Craig.

:2vrolijk_21:

Later folks.

Nige & Jan
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2008, 10:16:21 AM »

Just catching a littlr breakfast in Fort Stockton before heading on through Texas to San Antonio, Morning is bright and clear so I guess we might take the back route via Del Rio.

The States we have covered are notching up now - Alberta, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico & Texas - great riding through all of them and it looks like we are staying lucky with the weather. We did some Texas storm dodging yesterday and watched in awe as the localised storms full of sand and lightning spead through. We managed to outrun em though and stayed dry all day.

Will do Randy.
We'll give you a ring tomoroow when we are heading towards Galveston. See you there Scot.

Yep - now we have hooked up with a few more CVO folks the pics are starting to hit the forum.  We are having a great time.

Thanks for the kind comments Jon ! You cheeky git  ;)  Everything is still going well - both bikes are running like trains with no problems. Glad to hear that the weather is so bad you deservwe nothing less!

Gotta go - got miles to ride.

Sounds like perfect timing to me. You must have organised that way Craig.

:2vrolijk_21:

Later folks.

Nige & Jan

The paper said today that there were 2' snow drifts! Not huge, but for the middle of summer pretty good size.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2008, 12:53:45 PM »

Nige - That is a great ride down to Del Rio from Ft. Stockton for some real west Texas desert with a mountain backdrop.  Plus you cross Lake Amistead.

You will turn north before you would hit the the tropical storm rains from Fay in the Florida area.  Great route planning on your part, of course!   :2vrolijk_21:

Ride safe!

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2008, 02:22:16 PM »

Mi amigo Nige.....you are having a great ride and time....see you from today in one week............ :2vrolijk_21:

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:05 PM »

The States we have covered are notching up now - Alberta, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico & Texas

Hey watch it pal! We're not part of the union just yet! (just kidding of course!)
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2008, 06:29:20 PM »

Nige - That is a great ride down to Del Rio from Ft. Stockton for some real west Texas desert with a mountain backdrop.  Plus you cross Lake Amistead.

You will turn north before you would hit the the tropical storm rains from Fay in the Florida area.  Great route planning on your part, of course!   :2vrolijk_21:

Ride safe!

Mike

Nige keep an eye on Fay,  its pullinng a u-turn and heading NW towards Milwaukee.  :nervous:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

cash338

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »

Looks like this part of their ride is wet for sure,  TWC has Galveston looking better when they get there.  Standing by for arrival...I sure am thirsty  Pics to come.... :drink:
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

deltic mick

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2008, 04:11:15 PM »

Thorougly enjoyed reading your, Mel and the girls journey.  Must give many ideas for us not lucky enough to experience it yet.  Take care and ride safe.

Mick n Barbie

PS:  Don't forget your deer whistle, he he

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »

Nige one question ............. whats a "Cheeky Git"  :confused5:   :nervous:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

ronkenyonahog

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2008, 02:13:46 AM »

another question ........whats a "fecker"

Dentistry

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »

another question ........whats a "fecker"

A group of disruptive eejits in the Geordie chapter

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2008, 10:45:44 AM »

A group of disruptive eejits in the Geordie chapter

It sounds to me like Nige has some British friends back home looking at this thread and chiming in.  Come on guys, step up and introduce yourselves!  :cherry:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2008, 10:46:54 AM »

It sounds to me like Nige has some British friends back home looking at this thread and chiming in.  Come on guys, step up and introduce yourselves!  :cherry:

Yeah.

And translate for us.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »

eejits = idjits
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 23 queries.