Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: driving lights  (Read 2498 times)

SugarDaddy

• When you wish upon a star......
driving lights
« on: June 15, 2005, 04:48:17 AM »

here are a few pictures of my sefb with the PIAA driving lights.  i wanted more light, the low beam, i feels like i'm driving at the end of my nose and i didn't want my high beams on always.  i think they work well and the fact that they are under the floorboards is cool, because you don't see them until they are on.  and then the "that's cool" comments come!  
 i routed the wires up the frame and double sided taped the microswitch to the bottom of the tank.  not bad for a beginner?  i'm thinking of putting a full nacelle on. any comments or suggestions?  shiny side up. eric

SugarDaddy

Re: driving lights
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 04:52:05 AM »

sorry about the quality. it's my camera phone

SugarDaddy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 04:54:50 AM »

here is more

SugarDaddy

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 04:56:29 AM »

i'm sure i could do this in one post, but i'm not sure, so.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 06:25:47 AM »

SD - I really like the look!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Mrs We & I would like more lights but with the lowers on the SEEGs we have to go to something other than the MoCo. Have you tested your new application in some serious twisties? My first thought was, I scrape metal, are you scraping Piaa's?  [smiley=nervous.gif]

« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 06:26:30 AM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

SugarDaddy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 02:32:52 PM »

Mr,   no scraping,i live off a windy twisty in northwest new jersey. only some splinters from the side of the board. i have them mounted to the front and inward to problems.  the are very small and light.  i'll look for the piaa model number for you.  i bought them from one of those traveling tool trucks awhile ago.  i knew that i was going to need them.  wish i bought more. they were 29.99! REAL PIAA.  very easy install. hardest part was routing ans hiding the wires.  

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:21:34 PM »

here are a few pictures of my sefb with the PIAA driving lights.  i wanted more light, the low beam, i feels like i'm driving at the end of my nose and i didn't want my high beams on always.  i think they work well and the fact that they are under the floorboards is cool, because you don't see them until they are on.  and then the "that's cool" comments come!  
  i routed the wires up the frame and double sided taped the microswitch to the bottom of the tank.  not bad for a beginner?  i'm thinking of putting a full nacelle on. any comments or suggestions?  shiny side up. eric

hey ya SD,
I like what ya did with the  lights,, i think if i find a nice set that will fit just right I'll do the same  as you..
oh ya  also  dont forget to change your  halogen bulb in your headlight to the silverstar,,it's inexpensive and you'll  like the results  http://www.sylvaniasilverstar.com/index.php                [smiley=laugh.gif]

« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 11:22:07 PM by Cannibus_Man »
~late~ Cann

SugarDaddy

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 06:10:53 AM »

can man, the lights i have are piaa. about 1" tall by 3" wide". the fit perfectly under the boards.  i drilled holes and used aircraft rivits to secure them.  thanks for the tip about the silverstar, i have them in my f-250.  never thought about the fb.  later eric

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 02:16:59 AM »

can man, the lights i have are piaa. about 1" tall by 3" wide". the fit perfectly under the boards.  i drilled holes and used aircraft rivits to secure them.  thanks for the tip about the silverstar, i have them in my f-250.  never thought about the fb.  later eric

I'll look for those  lights ,,I was thinkin on putting these lights  on   http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448767296&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309041112&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309041112&bmUID=1118988422133&bmLocale=en_US
mabye  i'll add the other also,,I'm just not sure  how much  load it will be on the circuit tho.. im sure those piaa lights pull a load. they look Very bright
~late~ Cann

SugarDaddy

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 08:31:34 AM »

morning can man,  in my very low tech opinion. these lights have very thin wires going to them.   cant be to much. the switch is always light and oi never have a problem starting. i have no other draw on the battery except them.  eric

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.