Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Victory Motorcycles  (Read 14264 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: Victory Motorcycles
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »

Terry

A few thoughts,

1)  Your a newbie to the nuts and bolts of a Victory I take it? IMO take a newbie to the Harley store and the response will be about the same.
The response being these new Harley's are cool!

2)  The engines are built out of quality American parts. Was it the sales guy that told you that or someone else wanting you to buy one. Go to that same Harley store the newbie went to. I'm sure you will hear, "Our bikes are made out of quality American parts right here in York Pa."

3)  As far as not spending another 15K on a Victory to get it the way you want it, that is all personal taste. I would imagine there are people on this site with a stock 06 SEUC that are perfectly happy with theirs. There are also people on this site that have spent way more than you did on your. Each to their own I say!

So I guess I'm glad your out looking, at least that means you still have the desire.
If your really impressed with these bikes then I suggest you find a Victory forum where the real truth is told.
A forum just like this one where owners are dedicated to their bikes even though for some of them it's a love-hate relationship. There you will discover what's these machines are about and what parts are really made in the USA and what isn't.

I wish you luck with whatever you wind up with and look forward to riding with you again soon!

SBB

Chip, You must not have seen Terry's CVO's!  I think he's king of OCD!  It was a known fact on this site that if you wanted to add something to your bike, call Terry first cause he already had it!
 ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:18:09 PM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »

Chip, You must not have seen Terry's CVO's!  I think he's king of OCD!  It was a known fact on this site that if you wanted to add something to your bike, call Terry first cause he already had it![/b] ;)

Except motor work!
That's all that bike needed!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »

I did not drive one but couple of my friends bought them. Here is my view and some comments from friends.

1  I did not like the amount of plastics used.

2  I did not like design when I looked at it closely. To me it looks like an oversized scooter rather then the bike.

3  I heard a few negative comments about riding this bike in the side wind. I heard that due to its size the bike was changing lanes etc in the wind. If I was shopping for one I would have paid special attention t this issue as it seems to be quite important for a touring bike.

Just my 2 cents...

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 08:13:02 PM »

I also looked at this bike......very closely although I did not ride it.  I was intrigued by the design and still am. However the more I looked at it the less I liked it.  There is simply too much cheap looking plastic for me and the storage capacity of the saddle bags is very small.  I do like several of the other Victory bikes.  One more opinion only.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 11:33:20 PM »

Except motor work!
That's all that bike needed!

:2vrolijk_21:

That was coming, Chip...had some parts waiting in the basement to make it a nice 107" bike...than God I didn't, 'cause I would have lost all my a$$ instead of just half of it.  I'm having trouble sitting on the comode these days  ;)

Loved that bike, and have heard a couple of things from the new owner who is touring in Maine right about now on Wanda June.  He was wondering about the oil dripping out of the air filter when he stopped, though I had told him about that from the showing of the bike.  We could all right a dissertation on that subject matter, but for someone who's never owned a stroker motor, it can be disconcerting.  I told him not to worry, just ride the bitch and add 1/4 quart every 1K or so, if needed.  Keep the revs below 3K and no problems, but above that and she's going to puke a little when on the jiffy stand.

It don't matter, as long as you're on two wheels and enjoying yourself. 

Nothing compares to a HD in a LOT of ways, but there are good bikes out there, and not all of them have HD on them.  Not the same, and I know that.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »

That was coming, Chip...had some parts waiting in the basement to make it a nice 107" bike...than God I didn't, 'cause I would have lost all my a$$ instead of just half of it.  I'm having trouble sitting on the comode these days  ;)

Loved that bike, and have heard a couple of things from the new owner who is touring in Maine right about now on Wanda June.  He was wondering about the oil dripping out of the air filter when he stopped, though I had told him about that from the showing of the bike.  We could all right a dissertation on that subject matter, but for someone who's never owned a stroker motor, it can be disconcerting.  I told him not to worry, just ride the bitch and add 1/4 quart every 1K or so, if needed.  Keep the revs below 3K and no problems, but above that and she's going to puke a little when on the jiffy stand.

It don't matter, as long as you're on two wheels and enjoying yourself. 

Nothing compares to a HD in a LOT of ways, but there are good bikes out there, and not all of them have HD on them.  Not the same, and I know that.

I've only been riding HD's since 03. Friends that had them always talked about the puke thing. Just one of the reasons why I waited so long to go with HD. On my 03 EG, it started as a stock 88, then had two versions of a 95, then finally I stroked it with an S&S crank to a 106. Non once did that bike ever puke. We ride em hard too. After I sold it and ordered the CUSE, I figured my puke luck would run out, but I got lucky again. The CUSE has 23,000 puke free miles. It does use a quart or so every 1K, depending on how hard it's ridden and how hot it is, but it has never puked thru the breather. Probably the valve guides. It does however, seem to have that wobble that so many talk about at high speeds,  straight and long sweepers. The 03 was solid as a rock.  One thing is for certain, no two HD's are alike.   ;D
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 10:26:23 PM »

I've only been riding HD's since 03. Friends that had them always talked about the puke thing. Just one of the reasons why I waited so long to go with HD. On my 03 EG, it started as a stock 88, then had two versions of a 95, then finally I stroked it with an S&S crank to a 106. Non once did that bike ever puke. We ride em hard too. After I sold it and ordered the CUSE, I figured my puke luck would run out, but I got lucky again. The CUSE has 23,000 puke free miles. It does use a quart or so every 1K, depending on how hard it's ridden and how hot it is, but it has never puked thru the breather. Probably the valve guides. It does however, seem to have that wobble that so many talk about at high speeds,  straight and long sweepers. The 03 was solid as a rock.  One thing is for certain, no two HD's are alike.   ;D

Mostly, it depends on what kind of backplate you use, I think.  The SE backplate sucks 99% of the oil back into the intake, but other ones, like the Doherty, do not.  So, it drips on occasion, unless you pipe it to the ground.  It all depends on where the breather's for the heads come into the backplate, and how it's all piped.  Either way, the oil goes somewhere...either burned, or puked out.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »

I rode my buddy's 8 Ball home from the showroom for him tonight... it was like strapping a rocketship to my azzz!!!

Handled different then our bikes in the turns, motor was a little whiny, but man was there a lot of torque!

You'll enjoy it!!!

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 07:02:26 AM »

Mostly, it depends on what kind of backplate you use, I think.  The SE backplate sucks 99% of the oil back into the intake, but other ones, like the Doherty, do not.  So, it drips on occasion, unless you pipe it to the ground.  It all depends on where the breather's for the heads come into the backplate, and how it's all piped.  Either way, the oil goes somewhere...either burned, or puked out.
Here is another option to consider for the oil-puking-out-the-breather problem.  I never could get used to the idea of sucking it into the intake, or piping it to the ground, so I went this route.  It works really well, and looks good installed too.  Unlike what is shown in the photo link, it is an all chrome unit.  I drain out about 2 tablespoons of nasty-looking, gray-colored, water/oil mixture about every 1,000 miles.  This was the best price I could find on one...
http://www.motorcycles-stuff.com/pages/OilMistColl.shtml
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »

Could you post a picture of that collector on the bike ? Where exactly does it mount ?

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 09:15:05 AM »

Could you post a picture of that collector on the bike ? Where exactly does it mount ?
You can mount it in any location that suits you...a frame down tube is where some put it.  I used a spacer and mounted it to one of the cam cover bolts.  Looks good to me, and it's real convenient for draining.  Also, it's a conversation piece...everyone spots it and wants to know what it is.  It's all chrome, so it looks like it belongs there.  I don't have a photo of it, but I'll take one as soon as I get a chance and post it.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »

I rode several models of Victory's last year and was totally impressed.  It was a very hot day and they ran fine and didn't cook your legs.  There is an upgrade to 106" in a kit from S$S which includes a forged crank.  The 09s comes with it 97HP and 113 torque.  Everytime I see a Victory coming down the road, I think it's a custom.  Very appealing bikes.  
I have briefly checked the forums and no real big issues.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/2009/NESS-Signature-Series/NESS-Victory-Vision/Pages/features.aspx
Any day on the bike is a good day.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »

I put this kit on my 2004RKC.  Kuryakyn.com
#9931  catch tank and #9932 adapter and hose kit
When you search, you'll see the catch can listed.  Click to view the instruction sheet with pictures, which is a feature I love about this company, you can read the instructions for all of their products before buying.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

Some one wisely suggested looking for a victory-vision group site and I did. You will all be interested to know they have problems just like we do. There is a lot of talk about heat , the run very lean and are quite hot , remapping them seems to be an issue. There is talk about the fit of body parts and the fact that Victory is not willing to fix it. There is talk about badly molded plastic which cracks or dimples all over , nothing can be done. A lot of the riders are very unhappy with the radio's and use MP3's. Complaining is rampent regarding the very high cost of accessories.
I am going to test ride a Vision hopefully this week as strangely enough it's ugliness has grown on me like a bar fly after 6 beers. Evan though there are com plaints all of the guys love there bike just like here. Will get back after more research
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

Some one wisely suggested looking for a victory-vision group site and I did. You will all be interested to know they have problems just like we do. There is a lot of talk about heat , the run very lean and are quite hot , remapping them seems to be an issue. There is talk about the fit of body parts and the fact that Victory is not willing to fix it. There is talk about badly molded plastic which cracks or dimples all over , nothing can be done. A lot of the riders are very unhappy with the radio's and use MP3's. Complaining is rampent regarding the very high cost of accessories.
I am going to test ride a Vision hopefully this week as strangely enough it's ugliness has grown on me like a bar fly after 6 beers. Evan though there are com plaints all of the guys love there bike just like here. Will get back after more research

Hmmmm, sounds awfully familiar! I'll stick with my HD and take the responsibility to fix it on my own! FTF!!! FTW!!! FTD!!! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 20 queries.