Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Recall coming for CVO 110 problems  (Read 26091 times)

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
Re: Recall coming for CVO 110 problems
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »

Has anyone got these Service Bulletins as a .pdf file rather than a .jpg.  My '07 SERK is at the dealership now and I'm getting the "gaskets only" story from them.  I'd like to have both Service Bulletins to put in front of them and have them explain why the SERK fix would be different than the CUSE fix.

I had a member here send me the Service Bulletins in a .pdf format, so I got 'em.  I'm attaching 0905 here.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »

And here's 0906.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »

I'm with you Phaze. I'm wondering why the SERK doesn't "need" new heads, but the Ultras do!  >:( Since they all use the same heads you would think that the SERKs will develop a valve guide problem sooner or later too! My SERK will go in for some kind of w.....ty repair in a couple of months -after the trip to Milwaukee later this month. (I will probably wait for the cold weather to hit later in October before it goes in.)  :(
I spoke to the general manager at my dealership.  He says that they are baffled as to why the MOCO would have different Service Bulletins for the Ultras and the other CVO bikes.  He said that you could take a survey of folks at the dealership and their guess would be no better than mine.  The speculation would have to do with the possibility of additional heat on the Ultras because of the lowers and the possibility that folks just put more miles on Ultras than some of the other CVOs.

I'm thinking about holding off on the "fix" until some of the dust has settled on the entire issue.  If there is an out cry from enough of us non-Ultra CVO owners, maybe the MOCO will have to answer for why Road Kings, Dynas, and Springers are not getting the same fix.

BaggerDave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »

The parts list looks like just gaskets and O rings!

D&D Fatcats
Doherty PowerPACC
SE Pro Super Tuner
HP 100 TQ 116

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

The parts list looks like just gaskets and O rings!

It depends on which notice effects your bike - 0905 or 0906.  Looks like the 0905 notice includes heads.

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 10:35:17 AM »

Mine requires the heads replacement.  I now have about 6,600 miles on it after buying it in Mid April. 

I know they wont do this but, they (whatever dealer you go to) should provide us with a free loaner while they have the bike in for the day (or two) to do this warranty work or "Product Improvement" and charge it back to the MOCO.   :soapbox:   Otherwise, depending on your circumstances, you'll have to take a taxi back home or rent a bike, from them (at your cost) for those of us that dont have a bride or significant other to fetch us.  :coolblue:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 11:45:08 AM »

Mine requires the heads replacement.  I now have about 6,600 miles on it after buying it in Mid April. 

I know they wont do this but, they (whatever dealer you go to) should provide us with a free loaner while they have the bike in for the day (or two) to do this warranty work or "Product Improvement" and charge it back to the MOCO.   :soapbox:   Otherwise, depending on your circumstances, you'll have to take a taxi back home or rent a bike, from them (at your cost) for those of us that dont have a bride or significant other to fetch us.  :coolblue:
I agree that would be the classy thing to do but I'm sure not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

crunch29

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 seultra, red and black, D&D fat cat,SE Ventilator air cleaner, se pro tuner,Pro 110 performance upgrade
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »

Talk about timing. On my way home from Sturgis, stopped to fill up and was looking over the bike and guess what. Oil leaking from the back head. Thought maybe mine was one of the few? It did make it 7000 miles.My bike is an 07 seultra.

Even though it's on warranty still bugs me.

Now the question, I have one more year of warranty left. Will this be covered beyond my original warranty? I hadn't made up my mind weather or not to purchase extended warranty, Now if I keep the bike I probably should?

Crunch

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »

I read somewhere that you're good on the "product improvement" for two years.  I assume that it's good in or out of warranty, but I'd feel better about having the extended warranty on these 110s.  I posted this story elsewhere, but I had a $1000 deposit on an '08 SE Ultra.  After test riding the bike, I changed my mind about the '08 and took the $1000 and applied it to the extended warranty on my '07 SERK.

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2008, 08:59:33 AM »

Will we be informed by post about the recalls?

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 3
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »

Will we be informed by post about the recalls?
I visited the dealer in Newcastle at the weekend, and they showed me the bulletin and other stuff.  Said that we would all be informed by the Mo Co.  They also checked out my vin, and ordered the parts for my Duracell.  They will do the work before I go off to Austria at the end of this month.  My scoot will be in for at least 24 hrs.  Not holding my breath though, all depends on if the parts get here in time!  2500 miles so far and no leaks! Dealer was very helpful, also offered me a loan bike for a day!

Jazz

Buvy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 07:39:10 PM »

FYI when I visited the service counter at Wolverine HD in Clinton Township, MI today I was informed that the first 0905 recall kit had come in and since I was the first to inquire about it that it's mine.

I'm a little nervous about being the guinea pig but she's going in tomorrow.

Wish me luck  :'( :confused5:
We're the renegades of this time and age
This is the time and age of renegades!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »

Talk about timing. On my way home from Sturgis, stopped to fill up and was looking over the bike and guess what. Oil leaking from the back head. Thought maybe mine was one of the few? It did make it 7000 miles.My bike is an 07 seultra.

Even though it's on warranty still bugs me.

Now the question, I have one more year of warranty left. Will this be covered beyond my original warranty? I hadn't made up my mind weather or not to purchase extended warranty, Now if I keep the bike I probably should?

Crunch

Crunch, please follow the link in my signature for the SEUC2 registry and let us know your VIN for the database. Thanks.

That goes for anyone else that is new here and hasn't done so already. Thanks.

faztharley

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »

I just got a call from the dealer today about the recall.  When I logged on, mine said 110 Gaskets.  I have a 2007 Road King and I have been having a "loss of power" problem.  I will be riding along at a constant speed just under 3,000 RPMs and all of a sudden I lose power but no electrical loss.  I wait one second or so as it decelerates and then power returns.  I kick it into a lower gear and accelerate.  This happens about twice every hundred miles.  So, of course, the dealer can never duplicate it.  :(   It's been going on for 9 months.  I have 18,300 miles on my bike.

Anyonoe else had this happen?

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 10:28:41 PM »

Yes the wife's Road King has been doing since May. She is so pissed off! It is at the dealer right now. She is getting the 906 mods and having this issue looked at. I did find a code in the TSSM system that showed Clutch switich shorted to chasis. I removed switch housing and found wires pulled tight against a metal bracket inside switch housing. I taped the wires and the code has not returned. She also stated it has not lost power after repair. I also looked at all the efi sensors and wiring for broken or worn wiring. Did find the rear ACR is open and I moved the wiring. So maybe is was shorting to ground. Will see if dealer finds anything. I did noticed it started alot harder with the rear ACR not working. It would kick back and puff smoke out of intake.

:pumpkin:
Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.