Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Recall coming for CVO 110 problems  (Read 26083 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Re: Recall coming for CVO 110 problems
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »

$35 grand (PLUS) for these machines and owners still have to deal with this crap.... darned shame. I know I'll never plunk down that kind of cash again to be a beta tester for HD. Good luck to everyone that has problems with the 110... you deserve better. :(

gary h

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 10:43:43 AM »

:worthless:

Gary H

I have lost my ride for 6 weeks last summer for the front ticking sound and now the rear lower jug is leaking. I had to tell my Harley dealer about the recall to get parts ordered. It has been two weeks so far and still no bike.

It appears that over the last summer and this summer Harley will have my bike equal to one full summer.

I think I will be changing brands when I go to replace this unit.

donald.e

• donald.e
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »

So you lost your ride for six weeks, not good, and not looking for sympathy but mine (SERK3) has been off the road since May 23rd!!!!! and still waiting. I was told that new heads were on their way, I don’t know which way they went, but, it is not this way.

My confidence on this whole fix thing is not high, I have read that these parts are now available now, but this is for the American market, a date for the export market has not as yet been confirmed.

My local Dealer has given a loan bike, an 08 Heritage and this packed in last weekend 01st Aug, (Gearbox) so again without a bike!!!!!

My old trusty 1999 RoadKing Classic, never missed a beat for the six years I had it approx 75K on the clock, but this one 7.5K well no comment.!!!

The word Honda keeps coming to mind, (Can’t believe I said that) I don’t know what is worse thinking of a Honda or the nightmare of the 110!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gary h

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 01:33:40 PM »

Donald

My last Harley was also trouble free. I just dont like spending this amount of money and they think we will just put up with the problems, because its HD.

Ingy@UK

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »

Hi all,

I am a newby from the UK,I have recently bought an 08 and checked out my vin no. to find that mine is subject to a recall, and guess what me stealer knew nothing about it!

gary h

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »

Ingy

Great to have you here. Depending on your Vin number your recall will be 0905 which will include new heads and a lot of gaskets, or you will have the recall of 0906 which is only gaskets. You can go to the Harley-Davidson web site under owner and put your Vin number in and it will tell you which recall you must go though. In some of the e-mails you will see the dealer information on both of the recalls on the attachments. Best of luck on your new ride. I have had my engine down now for the third time.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 03:35:36 PM »

My 08 SEUC has the 0905 recall and I called Superstition Harley and they ordered the heads and gasket kit which arrived in one week. Took bike in this past Saturday and they said it would be ready Thursday this week. They are also rebuilding my starter ring gears and replacing the fuel shell. They are also replacing my right throttle handle which just fell off. When I went to my local dealer in Tucson for the basic gasket replacement on the 07B gasket it took 5 weeks. I think and believe it really depends on specific dealers if your going to get quality and customer service. It is unfortunate that some of us have to travel great distances to get good work done!!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »

Just checked my vin and mine needs a 0905 prd pgm,shall i have it done before i go to the rally in lake garda,about 2000 miles round trip?

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »

If she's not leaking and running good and your not having start problems you should be ok. I was having start problems and my motor shutting off in 1st and 2nd gear because of the Fuel Shell issue. That one would be more important and it is a quick turn in Harley.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »

Just checked my vin and mine needs a 0905 prd pgm,shall i have it done before i go to the rally in lake garda,about 2000 miles round trip?

Nothing urgent !
If your bike rides fine, wait later and we'll know if it's a good improvement.
We are not sure that it's the good way for all problems.
You've two years for the modification and the best period will be during the winter.

If you've a leak, put your bike before the Rally.

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

TimAT

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »

$35 grand (PLUS) for these machines and owners still have to deal with this crap.... darned shame. I know I'll never plunk down that kind of cash again to be a beta tester for HD. Good luck to everyone that has problems with the 110... you deserve better. :(

I dropped that much(+) on the scoot. I dropped 50k+ on the cage- it's been back twice for "recall/product improvements" No deal to me.

The question I have is what exactly is the problem with the heads. Are the guides getting loose and moving? Do they have to change the heads because of the ACR and the guides? And I guess the big one- are they using NEW heads or are the using REMAN stuff?

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »

Got my recall today. Since I lost most of last summer, I think I'll wait until at least this winter to do the recall. As mentioned, we've got two years to finish it all up. So. . . with that in mind, I'm in no hurry. They may even improve the "recall" parts. No need to be in  a hurry unless you're having problems. At the moment....probably just jinxed myself, all is running well. No heat problems or leakage. But tomorrow is another day! Only item I have that irritates me is the chrome piece on the end of the throttle is loose and will probably fall off. I've glued it back three times, but keeps coming loose. I'll try bubble gum next!  :huepfenlol2:
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2008, 11:31:21 PM »

Got my recall today to, 0905.  Upgrades as they call it will include improved top end gaskets, center crankcase bolt, ACR and cylinder  heads with the new valve guilds.  So what is the ACR?

2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »

Automatic Compression Release

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 05:56:35 AM »

(...)
My confidence on this whole fix thing is not high, I have read that these parts are now available now, but this is for the American market, a date for the export market has not as yet been confirmed.
(...)
Hi donald.e,

Your dealer did not inform you correctly. The parts have been available in Europe for a while. At least since June. The work on the bike should take not more than one day (it is between five and six hours) and you can ride the SERK without hesitation even with the leaking. You should really not loose any good riding time because of this.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.