Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throw Over Bags?  (Read 1538 times)

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
Throw Over Bags?
« on: June 15, 2005, 10:23:01 PM »

Well...Decided I needed bags.

Got a great set of hand made throw-overs. Had 'em custom made just for me :) This guy in Revere Mass has been doing them for years. Not bad at $380.

Anyway, I tied 'em on the bike, and I have to be honest. I hate how "loose" they look.

I tied 'em on good, and realize that I have to give room for play, but I have this horrible feeling about them hitting the pipes, or just flailing around.

Paranoia?

Plus...they do take away from the rear end of the bike.

Any suggestions on how I can make them feel more secure without putting undue tension on the ties?

Not thrilled about them being tied on to the rear directionals either :)
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

hd2003-se2005

Re: Throw Over Bags?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 10:24:47 PM »

Fastest solution!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a SERK or a SEEG or a SERG! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 10:25:12 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 11:02:15 PM »

Neanderpaul.......the reason you got the 'throw-over' bags was because you've got a 'sport-bike', not a 'bagger', right?  The looks will never compare w/ 'hard-bags', but they go w/ the type bike you've got and they serve the purpose of giving you storage for a 'run'.  You are gonna take 'em off when you can and you're right back to the clean, fast, sleek look w/o the bags.  I bet those handmade bags look good.  Post us a picture.   [smiley=cool3.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:22:39 PM »

This link is for a Dyna item, but you may want to check with your H-D dealer to see if they offer something like this for the FXR's:  Chrome Saddlebag Supports

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 08:55:35 AM »

Well...Decided I needed bags. Got a great set of hand made throw-overs. Had 'em custom made just for me :) This guy in Revere Mass has been doing them for years. Not bad at $380. Anyway, I tied 'em on the bike, and I have to be honest. I hate how "loose" they look. I tied 'em on good, and realize that I have to give room for play, but I have this horrible feeling about them hitting the pipes, or just flailing around.... :)

Hi Neanderpaul;  This is part # of a bag for a FXR3  and lots of talk about bags in the rest of thread.  
RedFXR2 offered help to a soldier FXR3 owner about bags and stuff....

You have such a nice bike.  [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 08:57:20 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 10:20:45 AM »

Neanderpaul.......the reason you got the 'throw-over' bags was because you've got a 'sport-bike', not a 'bagger', right?  The looks will never compare w/ 'hard-bags', but they go w/ the type bike you've got and they serve the purpose of giving you storage for a 'run'.  You are gonna take 'em off when you can and you're right back to the clean, fast, sleek look w/o the bags.  I bet those handmade bags look good.  Post us a picture.   [smiley=cool3.gif]  spyder

You ain't lyin'

They're only for the Laconia run. And any other long-distance I'll do.

Seeing as the weather's gonna suck, I see me keeping them on for the time I'm up there. I'll need somewhere to throw the chaps just in case...

I'll get some pics up in a bit.
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 10:22:44 AM »

Fastest solution!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a SERK or a SEEG or a SERG! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Love them. Perhaps next time. I love what I ride and have NO regrets at all.  I usually ride "gypsy".  If I can't carry it, I really don't need it.  But, going out on the road for a couple of days...the skivvies get a little gamey.

Enjoy your lunch!
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.