Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: new seat  (Read 11628 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: new seat
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2005, 08:19:43 AM »

MrsRedHot, I'm w/ you on the Dunlops.  Until I see something more than opinion on a tire being better, I'm sticking w/ what's worked for me for well over 130K miles now.  Always get good mileage on 'em and they seem to stick just fine in the monsoon rains that I tend to ride in more than I like.  [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]  Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2005, 08:57:51 AM »

MrsRedHot, I'm w/ you on the Dunlops.  Until I see something more than opinion on a tire being better, I'm sticking w/ what's worked for me for well over 130K miles now.  Always get good mileage on 'em and they seem to stick just fine in the monsoon rains that I tend to ride in more than I like.  [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]  Har!  spyder

I'm with you on that! We have been riding bikes as I said for more than 30 years, well at least my husband, I only started riding solo about 10 years ago. Have had nothing but good luck with the Dunlops. I did have one bike about 5 years ago that seemed to be a nail magnet. I think I went through 3 tires to my husband's one that year. Picked up fairly large nails twice in one summer. Could have plugged it, but since it was my bike and I was only 4/5 years into riding, my husband felt safer putting on a new tire. One of the nails was as round as my index finger. That would have been a fairly large plug! Plus as they say, *If it aint broken, why fix it?"  :)  Sandy
Sandy :)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2005, 09:04:40 AM »

Hey Sandy thanks for the reply, and I agree with everything you said. But I still think its a marketing thing
that HD has going on in the background. Just think of it like this, when you buy a $30.000 dollar car the
seats are Realy comfy. And you dont need to go buy another seat, for crying out loud. I just feel that
if HD wanted to make that stock seat comfy they could have done so. I'm sending my seat to MCSeating out
of MI. I have seen his work, it is wonderful. The price is real fair as far as I'm concered. There is a thread
here in this thread that has some pics of his work. The persons name here that used him was Slick, look
for the thread, you will like it I think. Take care, Ty1on2 :)

PS  I looked up the thread for you, it's #15 thru #19 tell me what you think of the seat.

Just in case fixing this chrome seat doesn't work for you, you may want to give Corbin a try. I love their seats, they are quite hard at first, but given good time they do break in very good and will serve you well. Plus I think they have some of the better looking seats on the market. I was checking on their web site yesterday and they do NOW have seats for the 2006 Fat Boy. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.  :D  Sandy

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2005, 08:55:51 PM »

Mrs Red Hot thanks for the info. I sure hope my seat works for me, cause you know it's nonrefundable,lol
But in case that happends, I will keep an eye out on those corbins. Thank you, Ty
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2005, 11:16:24 PM »

There is a local shop here that will install a set of Avon Venoms on your bike and if you don't like them they will not only refund you but give you a free set of OEM Dunlops for trying the Venoms.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2005, 02:39:58 PM »

This is just what some of the guys at our shop were saying, some of the ones in parts. I know I did go one size up on my Road King I traded in for this bike and didn't change a thing. I'll be going over to the shop on Friday, will talk to the guys in the shop and find out for sure. Let you know as soon as I find out.  Sandy

Thanx, Sandy
Look forward to the info

[smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 02:41:31 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »

This is just what some of the guys at our shop were saying, some of the ones in parts. I know I did go one size up on my Road King I traded in for this bike and didn't change a thing. I'll be going over to the shop on Friday, will talk to the guys in the shop and find out for sure. Let you know as soon as I find out.  Sandy

Thanx, Sandy
Look forward to the info

[smiley=drink.gif]

I didn't get a chance to talk with the guy that puts our tires on. He was out to lunch or off for the day. Some of the others that I did get to talk to are really unsure. One says, yes you should be able to go up one size with no problems. The other said he didn't think so on the SE Fatboy, because the rear tire is in there so snug. Said it filled up the fender too much to leave any more room for a larger tire. So now, who knows for sure. : :-?  Sandy

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2005, 12:33:42 PM »

I have the Sundowner on mine.  Very nice.  I put 2200 miles on the stock seat and my ass is much happier now....
Love my '05

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2005, 01:54:59 PM »

Corbin fast gunfighter will be ready in 6 weeks, I called they assured it will
be more comforatable than in the past, and the look will definately work.
There low and blen into the rear fender nicely. May be worth the wait...

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2005, 05:56:33 PM »

I have the Sundowner on mine.  Very nice.  I put 2200 miles on the stock seat and my ass is much happier now....

Nice bike buddy, but ya gotta ditch those fork reflectors!

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2005, 11:20:45 PM »

Thanks.  They are gone but it is an old photo........
Still have the rear ones on but I need to get at those before it's too late.
Love my '05

Dougherty20

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2008, 02:10:45 PM »

Was this a direct bolt on replacement?  I like the looks of the sundowner as long as you ride with the sissybar.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.