Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Vrod screaming eagle or road king  (Read 17595 times)

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
Re: Vrod screaming eagle or road king
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 05:48:18 PM »

I've had two Road Kings and one V-Rod.  There just isn't much of a comparison.  I enjoyed the V-Rod, but did end up trading it on a Jeep Wrangler.  There isn't much comparison between the V-Rod and the Jeep either.  It just really depends on what you're looking for and what kind of riding you want to do.  The V-Rod is just sneaky fast from about 60 MPH to 100 MPH.  The V-Rod just isn't like any other Harley that I've had.  It doesn't feel the same, ride the same, or sound the same.  It's a great bike, but just different.  I like the appearance of the new V-Rod Muscle, but didn't like what was reported in the first review I saw on the bike.

The Road King is very versatile.  I really like being able to go with the windshield or without.  With the back rests or without.  It's great for riding around town, but with a luggage rack and bag (or a tour pack) you can take it out for an extended trip.  You just can't appreciate how nice it is to have saddle bags until you've been without them.  I think that if you want saddle bags, you need to buy a bike built with bags rather than trying to add bags to a bike that doesn't come with them as standard equipment.

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »

Thought we'd get a V-rod (at least Revo-powered) bagger as a big surprise add to the lineup.

I still think one's coming, just don't know when.

I do think it'll be a big, big hit whenever it does hit the street.

spepin

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 11:44:25 PM »

Ive owned a Roadking in the past I'm buying a vrod se how does it ride compared to a roadking.

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to chime in since I own(ed) both of them.  I bought a new VRSCSE2 and put about 3,400 miles on it.  It's definitely not a long distance cruiser but more of a sport cruiser (and looks damn nice while at it).  On the other hand, buy it used (obviously) because it doesn't hold it's value for crap.  I know the economy is bad, but I lost $13,500 on mine when I sold it (yesterday).  The NADA used bike value on a stock SE2 is about 20k.  I had about 6k in upgrades and such on top of it, so I had 31k into it (bought it new for 25k OTD).  After months on ebay, it finally sold for $17,500.  I didn't want to sell it, but I had to thin the herd.  On a positive note -- it did go to a good home -- the husband of the owner of the St. Lois Rams bought it  :bananarock: .

On the other hand, back in July, I bought a new '08 FLHRSE4.  By far the nicest most comfortable bike I've owned. Definitely a keeper.  If I could, I would have kept them both, but since I had to choose, I think I made the right decision with the SERK.

Hog Head

• CVO1: VRSCSE2
    • CVO2: SEUC07
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »

Keep RK and but V-rod.
I have FLHTUCSE2 and 06 V-ROD SE. Use them both for different types of riding. But, I'll be honest - The Ride Comfort of the FLHT is way better than the V-Rod...
HOG HEAD

SEUC07
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.