Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO tins new take off?  Don't unserstand?  (Read 3489 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
CVO tins new take off?  Don't unserstand?
« on: June 19, 2005, 01:43:52 AM »

Here's one that someone will have to explain to me.  For as long as the accompanying link is still good it will go to an eBay auction wherein the seller is offering a complete set of tins for a red SE Fatboy.  Offered as new take-offs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4557246656

So someone paid all the extra cash to get an SE Fatboy and then didn't want an SE Fatboy ?  If all you were interested in was the bigger mill and some extra trim and were already planning on buying some custom sheet metal set anyway why wouldn't you just buy the cheapest variant of the model you could get and then do the work you wanted.  Probably spending less money.  Definitely be personalizing to your own tastes even better.  Could build the engine as ou pleased.  Just wouldn't have the factory warranty on the motor.

This one kind of makes me say "huh?".

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: CVO tins new take off?  Don't unserstand?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 07:58:07 AM »

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface and will probably hurt the value of the bike in the long run, but if you're after the silver 103 (with warranty) and the red powder-coated frame from which to begin your customizing, then the SEFB gives you a place to start that no other Fat Boy can. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 01:20:47 PM »

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface and will probably hurt the value of the bike in the long run, but if you're after the silver 103 (with warranty) and the red powder-coated frame from which to begin your customizing, then the SEFB gives you a place to start that no other Fat Boy can. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I hadn't even thought about the red frame.  So he/she/it/they are even limited in what replacement tins will look good.  Oy......

SugarDaddy

• When you wish upon a star......
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 05:27:32 AM »

something isnt right with this. it states that these tins would cost  $3000. from  H.D.. you cant even buy the paint for them let alone the painted tins? i guess, like always"buyer beware".

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 11:24:58 AM »

something isnt right with this. it states that these tins would cost  $3000. from  H.D.. you cant even buy the paint for them let alone the painted tins? i guess, like always"buyer beware".

I went so far as to email the guy with a few questions. He actually purchased the SEFB tins from another person (who was going to turn his SEFB into a Custom FB bike with another fancy paint job) on ebay with the idea of putting them on his Fat Boy. In the meantime he found and purchased another bike and decided to sell/trade his FB. So now he's trying to sell the SE tins. He looked at the custom paint sets from HD and saw that they cost near $2995 for the highest ones. So he figured the SE ones should bring at least $3000. Never said what he had paid for them, but did say he would take any reasonable offer.  [smiley=laugh.gif]  Sandy
Sandy :)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 01:07:42 PM »

I wonder if perhaps the original bike was stolen and parted out on ebay???? Speaking of paint I know that its hard to get since I have been waiting 3 months for a new rear fender for my bike that came gashed from the factory..........wonder if I will ever see it? I bet one day I will be sitting in my retirement home playing cards with the other elderly people and the phone will ring with a dealer saying Mr Fairbairn your rear fender is in for your 05 fatboy, of course this will be in the year 2056. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 04:46:03 PM »

I wonder if perhaps the original bike was stolen and parted out on ebay???? Speaking of paint I know that its hard to get since I have been waiting 3 months for a new rear fender for my bike that came gashed from the factory..........wonder if I will ever see it? I bet one day I will be sitting in my retirement home playing cards with the other elderly people and the phone will ring with a dealer saying Mr Fairbairn your rear fender is in for your 05 fatboy, of course this will be in the year 2056. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Hey Scott

We need to hook up and ride!
How bout Quaker Steak next Wednesday night!

HD2003

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 02:01:18 AM »

Hey HD! What's up man? I used to live in Charlotte long ago and recently moved back. I don't even know where the steak and lube is at not that it would be hard to Google it..........Sounds like a plan though, I need to start racking in some miles on the fatboy, it's amazing how differently it rides from my heritage classic, it's still an adjustment for me. I can't wait to get her broken in so I can really check her out. Marlee has had some back problems so I been ridin the Heritage so she can stay in the wind, hopefully she will be up and on her own skoot again within the next few days. I will fill out my profile at the chapter site so you can access my info, I will most likely ride between now and wednesday if you ever just want to skoot around town or whatever...........I ride every day just to ride..........hey I am conserving by riding my hog rather than my SUV right? OK hell thats a lame excuse but any will work to be in the wind!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 08:20:27 PM »

Scott

Where are you in Charlotte?

We are close to Idewild and 485

Lets ride on Monday!

HD2003

[smiley=cherry.gif]

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.