Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Say it aint so... more deletions?  (Read 8341 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Say it aint so... more deletions?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2005, 05:03:33 PM »

Hmmmm.....   not that I don't find this whole conversation fascinating...  but I think you folks are missing the important part of this whole issue.  

Which is.....

wait for it.......

If you get a post deleted, since you already posted it, does it reduce your post count, or do you get to keep the post without having a record of the post being made...

I'm gonna have to check this out, so be aware, I will be tallying the number of posts that you claim against all the posts that remain, and anyone without a matching tally will be whacked.  (but not in the tally.... 'cause that would make me a  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  !)
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2005, 05:48:32 PM »

tally Whacker?

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2005, 11:46:41 PM »

You need to remember though the position you are in as a watch commander is dangerous... and the flack you will receive for keeping the troops in line.  It's an inherent job risk sir, sorry.  Been there... done that.

DJ, been there and bought the T-shirt also.  Have even been chewed by men with multiple stars on their shoulders who have done it for a career.  In other words people with real skill in the area  [smiley=laugh.gif] .  And taking the occasional flack for doing what is necessary to keep someone in line isn't a big deal.   I was also very comfortable that you as well as anyone here would understand that side of things.  Quite frankly it's not even a major concern when measured against the benefit we all get out of this place.  It's a great site.  I for one have enjoyed it and will continue to do so.

Have a good one,
Don

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2005, 11:49:27 PM »

If you get a post deleted, since you already posted it, does it reduce your post count, or do you get to keep the post without having a record of the post being made...

I'm sorry Coolbreeze.  But you've got a whole different set of problems to worry about then deletions for your post count.  That ghillie mask in your avatar picture just freaks me out.  As long as you're wearing that thing your post count might just always be zero !!   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2005, 05:22:48 AM »

DJ, been there and bought the T-shirt also.  Have even been chewed by men with multiple stars on their shoulders who have done it for a career.  In other words people with real skill in the area  [smiley=laugh.gif] . Don

Now that stirs my curiosity, as a guy with multiple drawers of those shirts... That is what got me riding!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2005, 11:22:03 AM »

Now that stirs my curiosity, as a guy with multiple drawers of those shirts... That is what got me riding!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Mr. We, sometimes, no matter how "effectively" you're being chewed; you just have to admire such a skilled use of the language.  I'm still not sure which is best though, having someone attempt to reach for your intestines in front of the cadre in the afternoon and buy your beer that night or being in a position to reach back for their own when they stop to take a breath.  Actually I'm sure the beer option is best.  It's just that the reciprocity option has occasionally been necessary (some things you can do as a civilian contractor that you can only say "yes sir" for in uniform).   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2005, 10:44:35 PM »

Hope Mr. and Mrs. We are safe at the rally and on the trip.

I'm not sure about elsewhere but there have been many many bike accidents this spring and summer. Has anyone else noticed that in their area?

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2005, 11:03:08 PM »

Hope Mr. and Mrs. We are safe at the rally and on the trip.

I'm not sure about elsewhere but there have been many many bike accidents this spring and summer. Has anyone else noticed that in their area?

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh Yeah!  Damn, I even wrecked my '72 Super Beetle last night.  Damn woman ran a stop sign and I nailed her!  Luckly, I wasn't on my bike, 'cause I started to ride it but instead took the 'urban assault vehicle'.  Will see the insurance dude tomorrow.  Arrrrrrggh!   [smiley=pirate.gif]     spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2005, 01:37:32 PM »

It's been raining accidents here in Oregon too!  It's almost like everyone is competeing to prove their incompetence behind the wheel...  Kinda scary around here.... [smiley=nervous.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2005, 01:20:29 AM »

It's been raining accidents here in Oregon too!  It's almost like everyone is competeing to prove their incompetence behind the wheel...  Kinda scary around here.... [smiley=nervous.gif]

Multiply that by 5 and you get and idea of how bad drivers in Cal.. namely Sacramento area are..talking on their cell phones and not paying attention. I would like to put those phones in a dark place for them..you know..so they would have to bend over to say hello..I gotta get a louder horn...already got loud pipes...but thats another thread...sigh time for another [smiley=drink.gif]..or several [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2005, 08:22:58 AM »

Oh Yeah!  Damn, I even wrecked my '72 Super Beetle last night.  Damn woman ran a stop sign and I nailed her!  Luckly, I wasn't on my bike, 'cause I started to ride it but instead took the 'urban assault vehicle'.  Will see the insurance dude tomorrow.  Arrrrrrggh!   [smiley=pirate.gif]     spyder

Spyd, You alright? [smiley=nervous.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2005, 08:49:08 AM »

Spyd, You alright? [smiley=nervous.gif]

Oh yeah, no P.I., but if I'd taken the bike instead of the 'urban assault vehicle' , it would have been a different story!    [smiley=curtain.gif]  Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.