Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Boots  (Read 13208 times)

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
Boots
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:26:58 PM »

Time to retire my Sidi made riding boots. I want to get a good quality boot maybe upgrade a little. Any suggestions ?Thanks.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Boots
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 03:33:02 PM »

West Coast Boot Co.  (wesco).  They've got a web site......you can get different styles and sometimes discounted boots in the overstock section.......great quality.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 04:43:06 PM »

West Coast Boot Co.  (wesco).  They've got a web site......you can get different styles and sometimes discounted boots in the overstock section.......great quality.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]   spyder

Thanks i found the Web page they look very good. Thanks.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 05:21:35 PM »

Might also want to try http://www.zappos.com as they carry an incredible selection with free next day delivery.  I've been wearing the Doc Marten's and find they are extremely comfortable.  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 06:01:33 PM »

BLM777........Doc Martens??????   They don't make 'flip-flops' !    [smiley=beatnik2.gif]  Har!   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 07:56:17 PM »

BLM777........Doc Martens??????   They don't make 'flip-flops' !    [smiley=beatnik2.gif]  Har!   spyder

Spyder ol' bud.....they just started making them with the air sole.  Bought a pair and can't force myself to wear them on my scoot without thinking about your lecture.  I get so d...n nervous I end up putting on my boots.  Who was that said ol' dogs not learning new tricks....

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

Time to retire my Sidi made riding boots. I want to get a good quality boot maybe upgrade a little. Any suggestions ?Thanks.

Jerry
I have a pait of SIDI's and love them.
How bout just another pair!

Chip

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 01:14:06 AM »

Spyder ol' bud.....they just started making them with the air sole.  Bought a pair and can't force myself to wear them on my scoot without thinking about your lecture.  I get so d...n nervous I end up putting on my boots.  Who was that said ol' dogs not learning new tricks....

Boots and shorts BLM ?  Knobby knees and all  [smiley=nervous.gif] ?   The mind reels at the picture  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Oh hey, by the way, that music to get a ticket by that you made for me almost got the job done tonight.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]  I earned the ticket alright.  But a friendly cop who liked the bike cut me some slack  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 05:21:39 AM »

Boots and shorts BLM ?  Knobby knees and all  [smiley=nervous.gif] ?   The mind reels at the picture  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Oh hey, by the way, that music to get a ticket by that you made for me almost got the job done tonight.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]  I earned the ticket alright.  But a friendly cop who liked the bike cut me some slack  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Well, you know what they say 2Lane....ain't not sense bein' a redneck if you can't act like one...my wife's in your corner with the boots and shorts...I've noticed that she has been riding farther and farther behind.  By the way, glad the music is working.
[smiley=laugh.gif]

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 11:10:51 AM »

Jerry
I have a pait of SIDI's and love them.
How bout just another pair!

Chip

I did get over ten years on the current boots. Even had them re-soled no complaints. I am just trying to see what others are currently using. They still are watertight but tired. Thanks.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 12:13:47 PM »

I use these from Danner and really like them.  http://www.danner.com/products.asp?catid=12&prodid=2220 Lightweight, comfortable, waterproof, aggressive sole, inside zipper (and yes, they are still waterproof because the gore-tex liner is layered in the gusset).  Bought them from a local boot store for about $170.00.  Cabela's has them too.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 10:40:42 PM »

I just got a pair of Russell Moccasin's boot called the Russell rider. They look to be very well made and are the Sturgis model with their neoprene sole. I am going to road test them in the AM on the way to HOG Fingerlakes Rally. I believe they will see some rain duty on this trip. Russell has a sale section . They had my size and sold them for $210.00 If tese boots work as good as they look and feel . I am happy. http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

Jerry

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 01:24:02 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, fxdjerry,
 I've always worn Conductor, and now Mega-Conductor Boots, if I know I'm gonna' be draggin' the floorboards.  Otherwise, Lucchese Lizard, or Gator Backs.  I have an extremely high instep, coupled with an E width.  These are the Boots that are the most comfortable for me.  I used to wear Dan Post, but Acme bought 'em out, and that Boot went to hell!  I send my Boots to Brown's Boot Repair in Witchata, KS, for repair and complete resole.  They are the Best!  I have Boots I've had recapped 3 times!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 06:41:45 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, fxdjerry,
  I've always worn Conductor, and now Mega-Conductor Boots, if I know I'm gonna' be draggin' the floorboards.  Otherwise, Lucchese Lizard, or Gator Backs.  I have an extremely high instep, coupled with an E width.  These are the Boots that are the most comfortable for me.  I used to wear Dan Post, but Acme bought 'em out, and that Boot went to hell!  I send my Boots to Brown's Boot Repair in Witchata, KS, for repair and complete resole.  They are the Best!  I have Boots I've had recapped 3 times!  Later--HUBBARD

Hub....Know you're into high end boots.  I've used the same bootmaker down in Rio Grande City, TX for the past 25+ years.  If you ever want to try a pair of full custom fit, PM me and I'll hook you up.  My old bootmaker uses 32 measurements and whatever patterns or logos you want.   He sends me 1 dress boot and 2 "everyday" kangaroo boots once a year.  Ya' just can't have too many pairs of boots!  Besides that, it fun to wear the exotic skins to Southern California and pi$$ off the tree huggers.
[smiley=laugh.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 07:44:02 AM »

BLM777.......Hub ain't the only one that's got a 'boot-jones', but sounds like you're worse off than us both.  Tell me more about this custom boot maker that you're hooked up with......do I have to go to Texas to get measured?  I've been wearing Olatha's out of Kansas as well as all the others that you can find stocked in boot shops.  I've got some western style boots that I've changed the leather soles to a thin, working sole to ride scooters in....works well for traction and you still get to wear the better looking boots.  I've found that the sharkskin and stingray are 'bulletproof' skins to ride scooters in and not tear.  I agree w/ you but my wife doesn't understand the 'you can't have too many boots' theory.  Har!     [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   spyder
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.