Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Boots  (Read 13028 times)

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
Boots
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:26:58 PM »

Time to retire my Sidi made riding boots. I want to get a good quality boot maybe upgrade a little. Any suggestions ?Thanks.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Boots
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 03:33:02 PM »

West Coast Boot Co.  (wesco).  They've got a web site......you can get different styles and sometimes discounted boots in the overstock section.......great quality.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 04:43:06 PM »

West Coast Boot Co.  (wesco).  They've got a web site......you can get different styles and sometimes discounted boots in the overstock section.......great quality.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]   spyder

Thanks i found the Web page they look very good. Thanks.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 05:21:35 PM »

Might also want to try http://www.zappos.com as they carry an incredible selection with free next day delivery.  I've been wearing the Doc Marten's and find they are extremely comfortable.  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 06:01:33 PM »

BLM777........Doc Martens??????   They don't make 'flip-flops' !    [smiley=beatnik2.gif]  Har!   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 07:56:17 PM »

BLM777........Doc Martens??????   They don't make 'flip-flops' !    [smiley=beatnik2.gif]  Har!   spyder

Spyder ol' bud.....they just started making them with the air sole.  Bought a pair and can't force myself to wear them on my scoot without thinking about your lecture.  I get so d...n nervous I end up putting on my boots.  Who was that said ol' dogs not learning new tricks....

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

Time to retire my Sidi made riding boots. I want to get a good quality boot maybe upgrade a little. Any suggestions ?Thanks.

Jerry
I have a pait of SIDI's and love them.
How bout just another pair!

Chip

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 01:14:06 AM »

Spyder ol' bud.....they just started making them with the air sole.  Bought a pair and can't force myself to wear them on my scoot without thinking about your lecture.  I get so d...n nervous I end up putting on my boots.  Who was that said ol' dogs not learning new tricks....

Boots and shorts BLM ?  Knobby knees and all  [smiley=nervous.gif] ?   The mind reels at the picture  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Oh hey, by the way, that music to get a ticket by that you made for me almost got the job done tonight.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]  I earned the ticket alright.  But a friendly cop who liked the bike cut me some slack  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 05:21:39 AM »

Boots and shorts BLM ?  Knobby knees and all  [smiley=nervous.gif] ?   The mind reels at the picture  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Oh hey, by the way, that music to get a ticket by that you made for me almost got the job done tonight.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]  I earned the ticket alright.  But a friendly cop who liked the bike cut me some slack  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Well, you know what they say 2Lane....ain't not sense bein' a redneck if you can't act like one...my wife's in your corner with the boots and shorts...I've noticed that she has been riding farther and farther behind.  By the way, glad the music is working.
[smiley=laugh.gif]

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 11:10:51 AM »

Jerry
I have a pait of SIDI's and love them.
How bout just another pair!

Chip

I did get over ten years on the current boots. Even had them re-soled no complaints. I am just trying to see what others are currently using. They still are watertight but tired. Thanks.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 12:13:47 PM »

I use these from Danner and really like them.  http://www.danner.com/products.asp?catid=12&prodid=2220 Lightweight, comfortable, waterproof, aggressive sole, inside zipper (and yes, they are still waterproof because the gore-tex liner is layered in the gusset).  Bought them from a local boot store for about $170.00.  Cabela's has them too.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 10:40:42 PM »

I just got a pair of Russell Moccasin's boot called the Russell rider. They look to be very well made and are the Sturgis model with their neoprene sole. I am going to road test them in the AM on the way to HOG Fingerlakes Rally. I believe they will see some rain duty on this trip. Russell has a sale section . They had my size and sold them for $210.00 If tese boots work as good as they look and feel . I am happy. http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

Jerry

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 01:24:02 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, fxdjerry,
 I've always worn Conductor, and now Mega-Conductor Boots, if I know I'm gonna' be draggin' the floorboards.  Otherwise, Lucchese Lizard, or Gator Backs.  I have an extremely high instep, coupled with an E width.  These are the Boots that are the most comfortable for me.  I used to wear Dan Post, but Acme bought 'em out, and that Boot went to hell!  I send my Boots to Brown's Boot Repair in Witchata, KS, for repair and complete resole.  They are the Best!  I have Boots I've had recapped 3 times!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 06:41:45 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, fxdjerry,
  I've always worn Conductor, and now Mega-Conductor Boots, if I know I'm gonna' be draggin' the floorboards.  Otherwise, Lucchese Lizard, or Gator Backs.  I have an extremely high instep, coupled with an E width.  These are the Boots that are the most comfortable for me.  I used to wear Dan Post, but Acme bought 'em out, and that Boot went to hell!  I send my Boots to Brown's Boot Repair in Witchata, KS, for repair and complete resole.  They are the Best!  I have Boots I've had recapped 3 times!  Later--HUBBARD

Hub....Know you're into high end boots.  I've used the same bootmaker down in Rio Grande City, TX for the past 25+ years.  If you ever want to try a pair of full custom fit, PM me and I'll hook you up.  My old bootmaker uses 32 measurements and whatever patterns or logos you want.   He sends me 1 dress boot and 2 "everyday" kangaroo boots once a year.  Ya' just can't have too many pairs of boots!  Besides that, it fun to wear the exotic skins to Southern California and pi$$ off the tree huggers.
[smiley=laugh.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 07:44:02 AM »

BLM777.......Hub ain't the only one that's got a 'boot-jones', but sounds like you're worse off than us both.  Tell me more about this custom boot maker that you're hooked up with......do I have to go to Texas to get measured?  I've been wearing Olatha's out of Kansas as well as all the others that you can find stocked in boot shops.  I've got some western style boots that I've changed the leather soles to a thin, working sole to ride scooters in....works well for traction and you still get to wear the better looking boots.  I've found that the sharkskin and stingray are 'bulletproof' skins to ride scooters in and not tear.  I agree w/ you but my wife doesn't understand the 'you can't have too many boots' theory.  Har!     [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   spyder

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 09:51:53 AM »

BLM777.......Hub ain't the only one that's got a 'boot-jones', but sounds like you're worse off than us both.  Tell me more about this custom boot maker that you're hooked up with......do I have to go to Texas to get measured?  I've been wearing Olatha's out of Kansas as well as all the others that you can find stocked in boot shops.  I've got some western style boots that I've changed the leather soles to a thin, working sole to ride scooters in....works well for traction and you still get to wear the better looking boots.  I've found that the sharkskin and stingray are 'bulletproof' skins to ride scooters in and not tear.  I agree w/ you but my wife doesn't understand the 'you can't have too many boots' theory.  Har!     [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   spyder

Spyder...my wife doesn't really buy into the 3 or 4 a year deal either, but I guess she doesn't like the thought of servicing her own bike either so it just keeps hummin' along.  You really don't have to go to TX, but don't tell mama.  I use the "feet are changing" scam to escape FL and get back to mesguite BBQ and folks that understand me.  He's got a chart and pattern system that you can use (with some help) to get the exact measurements he needs to form fit.  Takes about an hour to get it right, but after that just pick up the phone and say "send boots".

The gentleman I use is Armando's Boot Co. and his sons, who are growing up in the business.  I'll give him a call if you like and see if he's taking any new customers.  If you aren't in a big hurry, I think we can get him hooked up.  By the way, if you want to design your own boots, he has an artist (family) working out of Ryan's in the Stockyards in Fort Worth.  They do the layout, custom stitching, color combos and logo's, brands and such.  

Let me know and I'll do what I can to get you going.  

Brian

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 07:41:41 PM »

Thanks for the info on the 'custom' boots, Brian.  I'll let you know if I can make any progress w/ sugar-britches and can plan a trip to the lone-star state.  Been awhile since I was out that way and would be a good excuse for a 'ride'.   Har!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 09:22:59 PM »

Thanks for the info on the 'custom' boots, Brian.  I'll let you know if I can make any progress w/ sugar-britches and can plan a trip to the lone-star state.  Been awhile since I was out that way and would be a good excuse for a 'ride'.   Har!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder

Let me know if you head out....I'll take any excuse to ride West!

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 12:01:55 PM »

2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 12:26:39 PM »

Okay, I'll' probably get hit in the head with something for this, but for some reason, (perhaps 1200 some-odd jumps in the military), my feet are pretty much trashed, so a solid, light, comfortable, well-supporting boot is very high on my list of must-haves...  

For the last several years I have been wearing a boot by Boot-Wise, (otherwise known as Birkenstock, the hippy shoe people...), which is not substantially more expensive than any of the other boots I've worn, but is head and shoulders above the rest in quality and wearability...  (So much so in fact that I wear them almost exclusively and have a pair for riding, and pairs for work and knocking around in the yard...

Here's a tag for the page where you can look at some of the styles...  http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/Products/footwearL2.cfm/cnav.224/id.130720050923-865234    For some reason the particular boot I wear isn't on this page.. but they are all great boots in my opinion...
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Lz

• Live Free or Die
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 08:01:40 PM »

Having checked the links posted........any one know of a boot maker that can make any boot for a mens size 13+ A??    Feel free to have fun w/ this one..............the wife dosen't complain........... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 01:55:10 AM »

for a mens size 13+ A??    Feel free to have fun w/ this one..............the wife dosen't complain........... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Oy, that could be just wrong in so many ways (not that that's a bad thing of course) .  [smiley=7.gif]

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 07:33:41 AM »

I crossed Lake Michigan a few years ago in a 13+A.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 02:01:30 PM »

My wife wants to know what your gloves look like...   [smiley=confused5.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

CVO_BAGR

• '00 FLTRSEI_'04 FLHTCSE_'09 FLTRSE3_CHRIS BOYETTE
    • NC

• CVO1: FLTRSE
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: FLTRSE3
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 10:57:41 PM »

For A real pair of "riding" boots check out     www.cruiserworks.com  
These are super popular among the GoldWingers

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2005, 04:49:19 PM »

Just finished a 2K mile ride to the Panhandle of Florida and across the Gulf Shores and back to NC......Rained sideways about half of the time.  I was the only one of 3 riders w/ dry feet at the end of each day due to my waterproof leather boots from West Coast Boot Co.  The call the leather Nautica leather, whatever that means and you pay extra for it, but it's worth every penny when you end up w/ dry feet and socks.  Har!   [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] spyder

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 11:56:34 PM »

A lot of good boot suggestions. I bought a pair of Russell Rider moccasins. I got a pair on sale for 200.00 and 10.00 shipping. Rode out to Finger Lakes then Niagra Falls then up to Caribou. ME.Plenty of sun and rain. Boots are really a heavy duty moccasin with a neoprene soul .Two kinds of waterproof leather triple welt they use german elk and something else. My feet did not burn or get wet. Did not have to put the sneakers on once I landed. BTW there were a few CVO's at the rallies none were members here . I gave them the site. Hope they show up. Met up with two yellow seegs in Maine. None at the Fingerlakes although one guy said he had one home. Next rally for me is the NH/Vt rally at loon mountain, nh.
Jerry

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 05:53:18 AM »

Posted by: the O`Fender Posted on: Jul 13th, 2005, 12:00pm
Your Basic American Made Scooter Trash Boots  

I got a pair of these on the way from zappos.  Can return for free if they suck.  Something on this web site sealed the deal can you see what it might have been?

[smiley=nixweiss.gif] be safe JP
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 07:05:38 AM »

OK, JP.........you've piqued my interest.......is this some kinda riddle?  What on this site caused you to order these boots?  I give up!  Har!      [smiley=1syellow1.gif]   spyder

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 07:13:37 AM »

Spyder

Check out the Eagle!

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 09:04:33 AM »

HD 2003 got it.  I was not trying to make it to tricky but sometimes the obvious is harder to see.  Zappos had the snip toe Engineer boots for 152 shipped with free return and they look pretty good to me.  I have a square foot so wide sizes are required.  They only had one left in a 10 1/2 EE so I jumped on it.  Another site has the same ones for a little less no free shipping or return shipping.  I have a coupon code SPG1843 for $10 off at Bargain outfitters if anyone wants to use it before 7/31.  The guy with the 13A feet must spread his legs or stand a little duck footed to keep from blowing over in the wind eh?  LOL  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] JP
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 06:27:23 PM »

Not trying to stack the thread but Zappos price matched amazon on similar boots and gave me another 32 off so 120 shipped.  Hope I like em.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] JP

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2005, 09:45:47 AM »

Ok had em a little while now and I love em the oil free vibram sole is a must as the grip is just fantastic.  These are serious leather boots and take daily wear to break them.  They were ok at first and get more comfortable every day.   American made and seem to be top notch quality to me.  JP [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 22 queries.