Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: pictures of my 09 Springer with 16 inch apes  (Read 37398 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Re: pictures of my 09 Springer with 16 inch apes
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 01:03:58 AM »

Hi,
   Wow bike looks sharp, I am envious. Don't know how the riding weather has been by you. I was just wondering on how the comfort is on the ape's. I have heard from some that the ride quality declines. It looks to me as though it would be a really good feel. Just wondering what you think. Thanks

Andy

Andy,

I don't ride this bike when I am touring so it's perfect. It feels like I'm on a Stallion when I ride this Harley Davidson 110 CI CVO Springer with loud Rinehart exhaust around town, which is exactly what I want it for. I can make a 360 degree turn as tight as I could with stock bars. And the bars are tall enough that I can see all the cross traffic under my hands. Even cops give me a nod of approval as they look me and my bike over at stop lights with my hands many inches over the legal shoulder height limit.

Randall

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I was curious if you had any feedback on the bars after having them for a while? I'm going to be ordering the same bars this weekend. I was wondering if you had a pic of you sitting on the bike and how tall you are? Thanks for any feedback.

07SERider

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »

Awesome looking ride man..But I personally think Apes suck!...Just my opinion..I could be wrong!..No offense!!

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 01:41:46 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I was curious if you had any feedback on the bars after having them for a while? I'm going to be ordering the same bars this weekend. I was wondering if you had a pic of you sitting on the bike and how tall you are? Thanks for any feedback.

I'm 5'11" and the bars are great for riding around town. Don't know that I'd like to tour with it though, mostly because there's no cruise control. I'm generally a long distance rider and I only have about 2,600 miles on this motorcycle. I'm thinkinking of selling it because it sits in the garage and doesn't get used like it should but whenever I take it out I get more second looks and thumbs up than all other motorcycles I've ever owned combined.

rockinred

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

I know this is old and i tried to send a private message, but not sure if it went through because nothing was in outbox. 

I am looking to go with a similar set up.   I am running some 16" Carlini Flying Apes and they run about 1-1.5 higher than regular 16" Apes.  They are also a 41 inch spread.  The risers I am going with are only 1.25 high. 

So in looking at yours it appears that it will be almost exactly the same.  I know you went stock risers so the difference between the higher riser and the higher bars will balance out. The only exception will be the spread of the bars are a little more on the bars I am getting.

Anyhow, I was going to run the Magnum Black Pearl cables that you posted on the end with the upgrade.  Can you tell me the length you used on all the cables for the Magnum Black Pearl?  Did you use a plus on those cables?  I did read the one post on the Barnett lengths and I was thinking I might be able to shave off an inch, but then the wider spread might compensate.  Did you feel you had any extra room or was your lengths pretty tight?

I appreciate any feedback you can help me with. I was wanting to order the cable before I get the bars in for timing purposes, but if it is really too hard, than I will have to wait I guess.  I am working on patience. lol

Good job on that bike!

2dgcrew

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 11:18:07 PM »

how does she ride with the apes versis the stock bars
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.