Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"  (Read 28059 times)

MikeD

CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"
« on: August 16, 2008, 04:51:02 PM »

We are all loyal CVO buyers and seem to be frugal shoppers when it comes to our bikes.  We know the bikes values and typically will drive half way across the country to get the right deal on one of our treasures.  I was somewhat shocked when I called around to the dealers that I have spoken with in the past, to find out that they were charging anywhere from 1K to 2k above MSRP for the 09 models.  Especially when you see or here from the same dealerships how hard it was in 08 to sell their models.  I was even told 1k over MSRP where I bought my 06 SE Fat Boy, and then my dad bought one, and then his buddy bought one.  My family has bought a total of 5 bikes from this guy and he still wanted 1k over MSRP when he sold me the 06 SE Fat Boy $500 below MSRP! Not to mention he didn't even charge me for document fee, shipping, etc.  So as October slowly approaches, I'm very curious what kind of mark up we will see when Daytona Octoberfest hits down at Bruce Rossmeyer's dealership in Daytona.  I've been to Octoberfest once, and Bike Week three times and I have always notice that he or his dealership marks up his bikes as high as 10 to 20%!  But, he sells them. 

So, I know everyone doesn't like to post what they paid for their CVO, but feel free to speak out about these STEALERSHIPS that are charging over MSRP!

P.S.  I'm still waiting on my 09 SERG that is being sold to me at MSRP at my local HD dealer, Granite Mountain H-D.   Plus Doc Fees that I'm still trying to get waived.  That will probably not happen. I'll pay it, cause I know I'll be happy afterwards

Furthermore,  :soapbox:
I wonder when we will see the first Jack@ss put his on ebay for a buy it now price of 35K or higher.  Can we get a Jack@ss to add to our collection of smiley faces, rockin banana's and pumpkins?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »

The ones I contacted in Fla that were over..

WPB(08 at msrp), Naples 2k, Ft Myers 2k, Miami North? & South?, F Laudy?,  Ocala 2k, Orlando?, Leesburg 2k, Lakeland 1k. (? had no date)

At msrp.....Stuart, St. Pete/Sarasota and Gainesville(I purchased there, had a ship date on S/B CU4 and quoted OTD).

Any other Floridians?

MikeD

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »

MikeR,
I occasionally check Jacksonville, my in-laws live there.  They marked up a stock street glide last year, I can't imagine what they'll do with cvo's this year.  At least 2K probably.

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »

....  I was somewhat shocked when I called around to the dealers that I have spoken with in the past, to find out that they were charging anywhere from 1K to 2k above MSRP for the 09 models.  ...

....  So as October slowly approaches, I'm very curious what kind of mark up we will see when Daytona Octoberfest hits down at Bruce Rossmeyer's dealership in Daytona.  I've been to Octoberfest once, and Bike Week three times and I have always notice that he or his dealership marks up his bikes as high as 10 to 20%!  But, he sells them. 

That last sentence is the answer to your question.  Not trying to be a wiseguy--really--but as long as a dealer can get $whatever over MSRP, why shouldn't he?  He's in business to make as much money as possible on the items he has for sale.  Why should he not do that as long as folks continue to pay it?

I live in Florida and I've always been amazed that Rossmeyer can get the incredibly high asking prices for his bikes, but guess what--somebody buys them.  I hear that during Bike Week and Biketoberfest alone, he sells a whole bunch of overpriced bikes--to the amazement of the locals.

The only way this will stop is for folks to stop paying it.  When the dealer has hundreds of unsold bikes at his dealerships, regular production, or CVO or whatever, then he'll lower his prices.  One can't expect a discount when folks like us are calling from all over the country asking to put their names and a "sold" tag on the next ones the dealer gets.

elky72ss454

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »

I checked a couple of stealers in Louisiana, they were $5000.00 over msrp on a 2008 FXSTSSEE2. Got mine from Wisconsin. Well, bought it from there. Have yet to recieve it.  :soapbox:

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 05:43:31 PM »

In general, CVO's here (N.H.) are 1500 to 3K over, depending on the dealership and the bike. If you have to ask how much (they want) for an SERK then you do not really want the bike.  I was at my last penny at 30K in 07, and they wanted 33K and it isnt long before they where all getting the floor ready for the next one.  So I am a very happy Dyna owner!!  Concord harley was the 1500 over on my CVO, but they settled for MSRP, but made that on my trade-in easy.  Supply and demand is funny now-a-dayz and I think we are paying for the regular HD's to sell below MSRP!
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 06:31:04 PM »

MikeR,
I occasionally check Jacksonville, my in-laws live there.  They marked up a stock street glide last year, I can't imagine what they'll do with cvo's this year.  At least 2K probably.

Too late, my cu4 is due 9-26, msrp otd at Gainesville, thats far enough at 5 hours north... :)

For the most part all the dealers down here are not worth a......nevermind, I ain't been impressed lets say.. ;D

sullyboo

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 fxdse2
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »

Here in New Jersey I have 5 dealers that I checked with. The highest was 5K over and 3 others were 2K over. I got my 08 Dyna for 500$ under MSRP and I got 1500$ for accessories but I did buy it the day the MOCO came out with there 09 models.
Sullyboo

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »

hi,
   have a 09 seuc  s/b  on order for next month :bananarock:,they are charging list plus shipping and prep,trying to get there prep thrown out(total b/s >:( included in price)but i told them i want a bone from the dealer ship(gift certificate)thrown in and I uncrate the bike and unwrap it .I am otherwise happy :huepfenjump3:
just have to wait until sept

jon   :coolblue:

northwest  nj
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 07:53:45 PM »

I have never paid over MSRP for a Harley of any type - CVO or not - and I have never paid any fees.  I think it is because of my relationship with my local dealer.  We take care of each other and both benefit.  He gets all my business and I get fair deals... We both are happy and satisfied.   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »

I have never paid over MSRP for a Harley of any type - CVO or not - and I have never paid any fees.  I think it is because of my relationship with my local dealer.  We take care of each other and both benefit.  He gets all my business and I get fair deals... We both are happy and satisfied.   :2vrolijk_21:
Good to hear I'm not the only guy who has a dealer he can trust and rely on. :2vrolijk_21:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

MikeD

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »

Trust a salesman,

like an alter boy trusting a priest!

Just a little humur, I trust my CURRENT guys at the local dealership.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »

Shopped in March for my 08 SECU and 5K over was the standard-including as far East as Texas-did not try Florida and found a few at 3k and ultimately bought at 1K with no shipping orprep added on. Felt good. My 03 SERK was 3K over in May of 03-best I could do, didn't know the shipping and prep game then. Again felt good. The dealer I bought the 03 from gave me the offer of 3K over for the 08 and I felt that was an insult since the 08 would be my 3rd HD in 5 years and after the 03 SERK I was told the next one will be a special deal....shame on me for believing. Needless to say I probably won't go back there.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:34:14 PM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

MikeD

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »

Capo, I feel your pain. Same thing here with my family buying three CVO's and two regular HD's from this guy and he tell's me 1k over MSRP after he sold me and 06 SE Fat Boy $500 below MSRP and then turned around and sold my Dad the same bike, different color, for one 1k under MSRP!  Not to mention no dealer prep fee, doc fee, etc.  Forget it, I'll find another dealership.

Once again :soapbox:

MikeD

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 10:41:20 PM »

That last sentence is the answer to your question.  Not trying to be a wiseguy--really--but as long as a dealer can get $whatever over MSRP, why shouldn't he?  He's in business to make as much money as possible on the items he has for sale.  Why should he not do that as long as folks continue to pay it?

I live in Florida and I've always been amazed that Rossmeyer can get the incredibly high asking prices for his bikes, but guess what--somebody buys them.  I hear that during Bike Week and Biketoberfest alone, he sells a whole bunch of overpriced bikes--to the amazement of the locals.

The only way this will stop is for folks to stop paying it.  When the dealer has hundreds of unsold bikes at his dealerships, regular production, or CVO or whatever, then he'll lower his prices.  One can't expect a discount when folks like us are calling from all over the country asking to put their names and a "sold" tag on the next ones the dealer gets.

You are right, it's just amazing that he can get away with charging what he does.  People pay it and I thought I was an impulse buyer... 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.