Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"  (Read 28057 times)

MikeD

CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"
« on: August 16, 2008, 04:51:02 PM »

We are all loyal CVO buyers and seem to be frugal shoppers when it comes to our bikes.  We know the bikes values and typically will drive half way across the country to get the right deal on one of our treasures.  I was somewhat shocked when I called around to the dealers that I have spoken with in the past, to find out that they were charging anywhere from 1K to 2k above MSRP for the 09 models.  Especially when you see or here from the same dealerships how hard it was in 08 to sell their models.  I was even told 1k over MSRP where I bought my 06 SE Fat Boy, and then my dad bought one, and then his buddy bought one.  My family has bought a total of 5 bikes from this guy and he still wanted 1k over MSRP when he sold me the 06 SE Fat Boy $500 below MSRP! Not to mention he didn't even charge me for document fee, shipping, etc.  So as October slowly approaches, I'm very curious what kind of mark up we will see when Daytona Octoberfest hits down at Bruce Rossmeyer's dealership in Daytona.  I've been to Octoberfest once, and Bike Week three times and I have always notice that he or his dealership marks up his bikes as high as 10 to 20%!  But, he sells them. 

So, I know everyone doesn't like to post what they paid for their CVO, but feel free to speak out about these STEALERSHIPS that are charging over MSRP!

P.S.  I'm still waiting on my 09 SERG that is being sold to me at MSRP at my local HD dealer, Granite Mountain H-D.   Plus Doc Fees that I'm still trying to get waived.  That will probably not happen. I'll pay it, cause I know I'll be happy afterwards

Furthermore,  :soapbox:
I wonder when we will see the first Jack@ss put his on ebay for a buy it now price of 35K or higher.  Can we get a Jack@ss to add to our collection of smiley faces, rockin banana's and pumpkins?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »

The ones I contacted in Fla that were over..

WPB(08 at msrp), Naples 2k, Ft Myers 2k, Miami North? & South?, F Laudy?,  Ocala 2k, Orlando?, Leesburg 2k, Lakeland 1k. (? had no date)

At msrp.....Stuart, St. Pete/Sarasota and Gainesville(I purchased there, had a ship date on S/B CU4 and quoted OTD).

Any other Floridians?

MikeD

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »

MikeR,
I occasionally check Jacksonville, my in-laws live there.  They marked up a stock street glide last year, I can't imagine what they'll do with cvo's this year.  At least 2K probably.

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »

....  I was somewhat shocked when I called around to the dealers that I have spoken with in the past, to find out that they were charging anywhere from 1K to 2k above MSRP for the 09 models.  ...

....  So as October slowly approaches, I'm very curious what kind of mark up we will see when Daytona Octoberfest hits down at Bruce Rossmeyer's dealership in Daytona.  I've been to Octoberfest once, and Bike Week three times and I have always notice that he or his dealership marks up his bikes as high as 10 to 20%!  But, he sells them. 

That last sentence is the answer to your question.  Not trying to be a wiseguy--really--but as long as a dealer can get $whatever over MSRP, why shouldn't he?  He's in business to make as much money as possible on the items he has for sale.  Why should he not do that as long as folks continue to pay it?

I live in Florida and I've always been amazed that Rossmeyer can get the incredibly high asking prices for his bikes, but guess what--somebody buys them.  I hear that during Bike Week and Biketoberfest alone, he sells a whole bunch of overpriced bikes--to the amazement of the locals.

The only way this will stop is for folks to stop paying it.  When the dealer has hundreds of unsold bikes at his dealerships, regular production, or CVO or whatever, then he'll lower his prices.  One can't expect a discount when folks like us are calling from all over the country asking to put their names and a "sold" tag on the next ones the dealer gets.

elky72ss454

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »

I checked a couple of stealers in Louisiana, they were $5000.00 over msrp on a 2008 FXSTSSEE2. Got mine from Wisconsin. Well, bought it from there. Have yet to recieve it.  :soapbox:

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 05:43:31 PM »

In general, CVO's here (N.H.) are 1500 to 3K over, depending on the dealership and the bike. If you have to ask how much (they want) for an SERK then you do not really want the bike.  I was at my last penny at 30K in 07, and they wanted 33K and it isnt long before they where all getting the floor ready for the next one.  So I am a very happy Dyna owner!!  Concord harley was the 1500 over on my CVO, but they settled for MSRP, but made that on my trade-in easy.  Supply and demand is funny now-a-dayz and I think we are paying for the regular HD's to sell below MSRP!
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 06:31:04 PM »

MikeR,
I occasionally check Jacksonville, my in-laws live there.  They marked up a stock street glide last year, I can't imagine what they'll do with cvo's this year.  At least 2K probably.

Too late, my cu4 is due 9-26, msrp otd at Gainesville, thats far enough at 5 hours north... :)

For the most part all the dealers down here are not worth a......nevermind, I ain't been impressed lets say.. ;D

sullyboo

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 fxdse2
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »

Here in New Jersey I have 5 dealers that I checked with. The highest was 5K over and 3 others were 2K over. I got my 08 Dyna for 500$ under MSRP and I got 1500$ for accessories but I did buy it the day the MOCO came out with there 09 models.
Sullyboo

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »

hi,
   have a 09 seuc  s/b  on order for next month :bananarock:,they are charging list plus shipping and prep,trying to get there prep thrown out(total b/s >:( included in price)but i told them i want a bone from the dealer ship(gift certificate)thrown in and I uncrate the bike and unwrap it .I am otherwise happy :huepfenjump3:
just have to wait until sept

jon   :coolblue:

northwest  nj
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 07:53:45 PM »

I have never paid over MSRP for a Harley of any type - CVO or not - and I have never paid any fees.  I think it is because of my relationship with my local dealer.  We take care of each other and both benefit.  He gets all my business and I get fair deals... We both are happy and satisfied.   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »

I have never paid over MSRP for a Harley of any type - CVO or not - and I have never paid any fees.  I think it is because of my relationship with my local dealer.  We take care of each other and both benefit.  He gets all my business and I get fair deals... We both are happy and satisfied.   :2vrolijk_21:
Good to hear I'm not the only guy who has a dealer he can trust and rely on. :2vrolijk_21:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

MikeD

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »

Trust a salesman,

like an alter boy trusting a priest!

Just a little humur, I trust my CURRENT guys at the local dealership.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »

Shopped in March for my 08 SECU and 5K over was the standard-including as far East as Texas-did not try Florida and found a few at 3k and ultimately bought at 1K with no shipping orprep added on. Felt good. My 03 SERK was 3K over in May of 03-best I could do, didn't know the shipping and prep game then. Again felt good. The dealer I bought the 03 from gave me the offer of 3K over for the 08 and I felt that was an insult since the 08 would be my 3rd HD in 5 years and after the 03 SERK I was told the next one will be a special deal....shame on me for believing. Needless to say I probably won't go back there.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:34:14 PM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

MikeD

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »

Capo, I feel your pain. Same thing here with my family buying three CVO's and two regular HD's from this guy and he tell's me 1k over MSRP after he sold me and 06 SE Fat Boy $500 below MSRP and then turned around and sold my Dad the same bike, different color, for one 1k under MSRP!  Not to mention no dealer prep fee, doc fee, etc.  Forget it, I'll find another dealership.

Once again :soapbox:

MikeD

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 10:41:20 PM »

That last sentence is the answer to your question.  Not trying to be a wiseguy--really--but as long as a dealer can get $whatever over MSRP, why shouldn't he?  He's in business to make as much money as possible on the items he has for sale.  Why should he not do that as long as folks continue to pay it?

I live in Florida and I've always been amazed that Rossmeyer can get the incredibly high asking prices for his bikes, but guess what--somebody buys them.  I hear that during Bike Week and Biketoberfest alone, he sells a whole bunch of overpriced bikes--to the amazement of the locals.

The only way this will stop is for folks to stop paying it.  When the dealer has hundreds of unsold bikes at his dealerships, regular production, or CVO or whatever, then he'll lower his prices.  One can't expect a discount when folks like us are calling from all over the country asking to put their names and a "sold" tag on the next ones the dealer gets.

You are right, it's just amazing that he can get away with charging what he does.  People pay it and I thought I was an impulse buyer... 

OILCAN1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »

My local dealership charges MSRP on all bikes all the time no more no less that way there is no confusion. A side note they just sold an orange and black SERG that actually sat on the floor unclaimed for 5 days

MikeD

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 09:06:15 AM »

Oilcan,
Where was it?

OILCAN1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:35 AM »

Walters Brothers Harley Davidson and Buell Peoria,IL

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »

I know of a dealer in Yuba City, has three on the floor and cant sell emm. They are not marked up one penny... If anyone needs a contact over there, send me a pm

MikeD

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

Three SERGs???

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 12:05:32 PM »

Too late, my cu4 is due 9-26, msrp otd at Gainesville, thats far enough at 5 hours north... :)

For the most part all the dealers down here are not worth a......nevermind, I ain't been impressed lets say.. ;D

I fill the space: CH!T  :huepfenjump3:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »

You are right...I saw during bike weekl ast March  selling the CUSE in more than $46K ..........unbelievable!!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »

I have owned 5 CVO and one is coming and I never have paid more than MSRP + freight + preparation  :nixweiss:........ Purchased in Ft. Walton Beach, Lakeland, Tampa, Leesburg..........but in South Florida where I live NOTHING!!!..only the maintenance

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »

only the maintenance

They require maintenance?

RUT ROH!  :o

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »

I think the prices will improve when the excitement over the new '09 models dies down.  Dealers won't charge over MSRP when folks aren't willing to pay over MSRP.  As long as there are those willing to pay, there will be dealers willing to take the money.

There are still '08 CVOs out there sitting on dealers' floors.  I bet that they'd deal now and I'd be surprised if they wouldn't come off those MSRP numbers.  I doubt that they'll get $2K over MSRP for one of those '08s still on the floor.  Cool your jets, wait to see if the 110 fix is really a fix, and then go after an '09 CVO.  You should be able to get the price right.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 01:27:28 PM »

i get my blue Thunder for MSRP - 10%   :2vrolijk_21:

german price regular 37400 €uro = 25300 $

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »

i get my blue Thunder for MSRP - 10%   :2vrolijk_21:

german price regular 37400 uro = 25300 $

Dogols,
I think you've got it a little backwords.  1 €uro = US$1.4695; so 37,400 €uros = US$54,959.30; US$25,300 = 17,216.74 €uros.  They really hit you hard over there don't they.  :-\

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

MikeD

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 03:32:15 PM »

Dogols,
I think you've got it a little backwords.  1 €uro = US$1.4695; so 37,400 €uros = US$54,959.30; US$25,300 = 17,216.74 €uros.  They really hit you hard over there don't they.  :-\

You devil you!  Thats funny!

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 03:33:45 PM »

Dogols,

you are right an i was wrong thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

I know of a dealer in Yuba City, has three on the floor and cant sell emm. They are not marked up one penny... If anyone needs a contact over there, send me a pm

What models?  I was there last weekend picking up the Bushtec that I bought from a guy further north........they didn't have any on the floor at that time.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »

I think the prices will improve when the excitement over the new '09 models dies down.  Dealers won't charge over MSRP when folks aren't willing to pay over MSRP.  As long as there are those willing to pay, there will be dealers willing to take the money.

There are still '08 CVOs out there sitting on dealers' floors.  I bet that they'd deal now and I'd be surprised if they wouldn't come off those MSRP numbers.  I doubt that they'll get $2K over MSRP for one of those '08s still on the floor.  Cool your jets, wait to see if the 110 fix is really a fix, and then go after an '09 CVO.  You should be able to get the price right.

You are right mi amigo Phaze...I was today at the Palm Beach stealer and they have one CUSE '08 (white/grey) more expensive than '09 models....

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

i have 2 dealer by me and they are selling at MSPR

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 09:12:02 PM »

Here is the reply that I just got from Yuba City Harley Davidson (Guidera's) in response to my inquiry about 09 CVOs:

Hmmm..  It says Road Glide in the subject, and Electra Glide in the message.  So which one are you looking for?  I dont have either one yet but I am getting a red Ultra next month and a silver Road Glide in December.  The Ultra is about 41k and the Road Glide is about 36k.  The Ultra is available to reserve but the Road Glide is not being presold.  We are going to wait until we get the Road Glide and then display it at the dealership for a while and then decide what to do about selling it.

Jim G

On a side note, Harley Davidson of Sacramento always sells at MSRP plus $700 dealer prep and set up......however, their first two Screamin Eagle Road Glides are already spoken for.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:13:46 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »

What models?  I was there last weekend picking up the Bushtec that I bought from a guy further north........they didn't have any on the floor at that time.

Last weekend?? they had two Ultras CVO  and one Road King CVO, both 08's... dont know how you didnt trip over em.. and the Vietnam Vets..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:58:41 PM by sportygordy »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 10:01:13 PM »

Here is the reply that I just got from Yuba City Harley Davidson (Guidera's) in response to my inquiry about 09 CVOs:

Hmmm..  It says Road Glide in the subject, and Electra Glide in the message.  So which one are you looking for?  I dont have either one yet but I am getting a red Ultra next month and a silver Road Glide in December.  The Ultra is about 41k and the Road Glide is about 36k.  The Ultra is available to reserve but the Road Glide is not being presold.  We are going to wait until we get the Road Glide and then display it at the dealership for a while and then decide what to do about selling it.

Jim G

Interesting,,, guess you've got to know the folks.... they may sell at premimum if your outside their county,,, but never knew them to do that

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »

My local dealership charges MSRP on all bikes all the time no more no less that way there is no confusion. A side note they just sold an orange and black SERG that actually sat on the floor unclaimed for 5 days
Hey OilCan, what is the local dealership?   :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hotrodstitcher

• Senior CVO Member
    • Sid Chavers Company
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2008, 10:31:46 PM »

Well here's my story. New in advance about the OB CVO Road Glide from this site, went to my local dealer and said I wanted it. The owner told me no problem Sid "you got it" and I don't need a deposit. Went to the dealer about a week or so after they came out and was told the first one was spoken for but I could have the second one for FIVE THOUSAND over MSRP. Needless to say I left and doubt I will send much money there anymore. I'm in business and I understand they need to make money in a down economy but I figured I'd keep looking. Spent about three hours on the phone and most are sold or want over MSRP. Found a OB one at Redwood Harley in Eureka about 300 miles north of me for MSRP, gave them a deposit over the phone. They said it should be in sometime in Oct. Not in that big of a hurry, just happy I going to get one...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:53:18 PM by Hotrodstitcher »

MikeD

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »

Jim G

On a side note, Harley Davidson of Sacramento always sells at MSRP plus $700 dealer prep and set up......however, their first two Screamin Eagle Road Glides are already spoken for.

I hope they read that!  They look like tools!

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:54 PM »

When I was shopping for my 08 SEUC Anniv last fall the local dealerships wanted 1k to 3k over.

I went up to New Hampshire and got it for msrp. I also found a couple of other out of state dealerships selling for msrp, NY and Mass.

Now my local dealership has an 08 SEUC red-silver that they are trying to sell for 2k under Msrp. They also have another SE bike, forget which model for 2k under, in fact all there 08 bikes are 2k under now.

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 11:15:26 PM »

Forget about worrying paying in excess of MSRP.  You get the free one year HOG membership and that, my friends, is worth the extra $2-4k.  Okay, I forgot my meds today...  :bananarock:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 11:35:52 PM »

Well here's my story. New in advance about the OB CVO Road Glide from this site, went to my local dealer and said I wanted it. The owner told me no problem Sid "you got it" and I don't need a deposit. Went to the dealer about a week or so after they came out and was told the first one was spoken for but I could have the second one for FIVE THOUSAND over MSRP. Needless to say I left and doubt I will send much money there anymore. I'm in business and I understand they need to make money in a down economy but I figured I'd keep looking. Spent about three hours on the phone and most are sold or want over MSRP. Found a OB one at Redwood Harley in Eureka about 300 miles north of me for MSRP, gave them a deposit over the phone. They said it should be in sometime in Oct. Not in that big of a hurry, just happy I going to get one...
  Glad you got one, Sid.  Which dealership was that swept you?

By the way, when are you posting some flicks of that shovel?

West Coast GTG   

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 07:24:55 AM »

You are right mi amigo Phaze...I was today at the Palm Beach stealer and they have one CUSE '08 (white/grey) more expensive than '09 models....

That was priced OTD Jorge.( out the door, tax, tag, title, setup, delivery)

They are struggling and could not help me with the 09...They just got that 08 Casper.

Gainesville does not any other SE bikes scheduled, try Jims in St. Pete for Haze n Orange..

Miker

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »

Glad you got one, Sid.  Which dealership was that swept you?

By the way, when are you posting some flicks of that shovel?
  JC- Sid should be the one to out the greedy dealership!  Got this stupid song in my head as i type. DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO - - - / - - - - .  O-well Sid let us know the shop when you can---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Hotrodstitcher

• Senior CVO Member
    • Sid Chavers Company
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »

DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO - - - / - - - - . 

"SAN JOSE"

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »

I have been told that the dealers can make 18 % to 20 % on a bike, I got the springer  1000$$ below msrp + no set up or shipping and it was the 1st CVO Springer to hit the floor.....

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

Hey Skippy, did you buy in Durham?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 08:25:50 PM »

Since the 09's haven't even been out for a whole month yet, I would imagine the dealers trying to "cash-in" on the excitement of a new model year would be quite common. MSRP should be a lot easier when the noise settles down and more bikes sit on the dealer floors without waiting lists for them.

:indian_chief:

MikeD

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »

Since we're on the MSRP note, saw a black and red SE fat bob, pretty cool actually.  MSRP plus doc and freight.  Granite Mountain HD in Georgia.  If anyone is interested in one of these, I can help out.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »

There is a slightly matured 07 SERK in black waaaaay below msrp in the selling section...It has not had the "upgrade" yet....

MikeD

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 09:30:32 PM »

There is a slightly matured 07 SERK in black waaaaay below msrp in the selling section...It has not had the "upgrade" yet....

Is that yours MIKER

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 07:57:44 AM »

Yessir!  For now... :-\

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2008, 02:23:27 AM »

"SAN JOSE"

I should have guessed that.  I don't know how that guy keeps getting people to pay those prices when there are several dealerships within 100 miles that sells at MSRP.

And didn't you do an upholestry job for that guy on one (or several?) of his cars?  I'm sure your cost will go up when you're dealing with him in the future.....maybe he can get it done cheaper in LA. ;D

West Coast GTG   

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE ULTRA B/O
    • CVO2: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE YELLOW
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »

I have a deposit on a '09 SERG at Lakeland,Fl. HD @ MSRP, this is my 2nd CVO from them

IF YOU GOING TO BE DUMB YOU GOT TO BE TUFF

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »

Since the 09's haven't even been out for a whole month yet, I would imagine the dealers trying to "cash-in" on the excitement of a new model year would be quite common. MSRP should be a lot easier when the noise settles down and more bikes sit on the dealer floors without waiting lists for them.

:indian_chief:

I'm with you on that one Chief...I've won more than I've lost with a little patience...Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 08:44:34 AM »

I have a deposit on a '09 SERG at Lakeland,Fl. HD @ MSRP, this is my 2nd CVO from them

Excellent, they would not quote to me...Maybe they did not have a date on CU4..I have to go the Gainseville to get mine.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 08:46:06 AM »

The guys in Naples were at least very honest with the strategy.  +2k for the 1st 30 days after it hits the floor then if it does not sell, back to msrp...They have a silver serg due in the 1st phase.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2008, 09:24:42 AM »

Lakeland is one of the few good dealers in Florida. I purchased my CUSE '06 from them (Don was the salesman). I tried to get the CUSE '09 again but Don told me last week that they are only going to receive a couple and both have deposits already......so I had to get another dealer. But they are great people  :2vrolijk_21:

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 12:02:57 PM »

Amigo George what you say is very true Lakeland is a GREAT DEALERSHIP I also bought both CVO bikes from Don. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:09:15 PM by SERG3 »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »

Amigo George what you say is very true Lakeland is a GREAT DEALERSHIP I also bought both CVO bikes from Don. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I tried to purchase my Springer last year from him but he didn't receiving none and now I called him regarding the CUSe '09 and no luck again.......whenever you stop by there tell him that I say hi........and whenever you come to South Florida let me know..........or maybe we can meet each other during the Biketoberfest or the HOG state rally in Cocoa Beach....I will be attending both events.

Ride safe mi amigo..........

Jorge

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 12:33:33 PM »

I need to take a spin up to Lakeland, used to love Jimbo's bbq on lake parker drive, I think...

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »

I need to take a spin up to Lakeland, used to love Jimbo's bbq on lake parker drive, I think...

When do we go?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2008, 12:54:52 PM »

You know amigo, last night was Tuesday, where the hell were you ? Huh?   ;)  :D

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »

George sounds great but don't think I can get off work and MIKER you are right about Jimbo's BBQ great food but the address is 1215 East Memorial Blvd. Lakeland, FL 33801 863-683-3777.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »

Thanks for the correction my man...I know where it is, I guess thats all I need to know...

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »

Blowin in the wind Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Tuesday?

Jorge?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2008, 02:03:35 PM »

We were at Backstreets anyway...No worries...

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »

Miami wild world.... >:( sorry........

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »

George sounds great but don't think I can get off work and MIKER you are right about Jimbo's BBQ great food but the address is 1215 East Memorial Blvd. Lakeland, FL 33801 863-683-3777.

Anyway mi amigo.....whenever you can come around here...please let me know....Mike (miker) & Jeff (rooster452) live close each other and we are friends so we can  :drink: together....

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2008, 08:45:40 PM »

Blowin in the wind Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Tuesday?

Jorge?

I can't mi amigo Jeff......leaving on Saturday......  :drink:

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »

This thread is devolving into a regular meet and great.....

Getting back on topic, I just had a conversation this evening with the local HD dealership that I use.  They are getting $2k over MSRP for the SERG's that they are getting in this fall, and all of them (3 total) have deposits on them.  I have a deal worked out with them to buy the silver SERG that they have scheduled for December at MSRP.  My name is on the bike  :).  It appears that if one is willing to wait until the initial hype on the '09's dies down, MSRP or better is realistic.

Looks like I'll be hanging back here on this site again.  :bananarock:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:37:00 PM by Greaseball »

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

You guys should stop and think about what you really want, do you want the dealers to start discounting bikes? REALLY,,, what do you think it would do to the resale price of your USED BIKE. Why would I give you top dollar for your used bike if I could buy a new one for the same price??? Stop and think about it. I say don't discount them and as a matter of fact quit producing so many of them, limit the production of them like it was 9 years ago. You could just about name your price on your used bike. AGAIN, think about it, ride a bike for 2 or 3 years and get more out of it then what you paid for it,,,, or discount the new ones and lets drive the market prices down on the used ones like what is going on now.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2008, 11:13:32 AM »

You guys should stop and think about what you really want, do you want the dealers to start discounting bikes? REALLY,,, what do you think it would do to the resale price of your USED BIKE. Why would I give you top dollar for your used bike if I could buy a new one for the same price??? Stop and think about it. I say don't discount them and as a matter of fact quit producing so many of them, limit the production of them like it was 9 years ago. You could just about name your price on your used bike. AGAIN, think about it, ride a bike for 2 or 3 years and get more out of it then what you paid for it,,,, or discount the new ones and lets drive the market prices down on the used ones like what is going on now.

Everyone wants a deal and negotiating a fair price up to MSRP is normal. HD's aren't investments no matter how you try and justify that in your mind. But Jorge put some pics up from Fat Bastid's in Daytona!!! That Guy's got some set of balls!!! 46 grand for a SEUC4!!! They should yank his franchise and lock him up for larceny!! Friggin crook!!! Any and all that do that should be completely boycotted til they go under!!! Buy NOTHING from them EVER!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2008, 11:29:55 AM »

I've thought about it.  I'm waiting for the thread that's titled CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markdowns".  Not too concerned about what I could get for my SEEG.....I'd just keep it if I could afford a new SERG.
 :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »

this site isnt made up of collectors its made up of riders. 51k+ on my 02 SERK plan to keep riding it for at least another 51k, wont be too concerned about what i can get for it then
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »

Everyone wants a deal and negotiating a fair price up to MSRP is normal. HD's aren't investments no matter how you try and justify that in your mind. But Jorge put some pics up from Fat Bastid's in Daytona!!! That Guy's got some set of balls!!! 46 grand for a SEUC4!!! They should yank his franchise and lock him up for larceny!! Friggin crook!!! Any and all that do that should be completely boycotted til they go under!!! Buy NOTHING from them EVER!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Down where he's located, Howie, there are people who have so much money it's almost a status thing the more you pay for something.  Somebody will come in and buy the bikes, or he wouldn't still be doing the same thing he's been doing for the past several years.  I wouldn't wizz on one of his bikes if it was on fire, but if people are stupid enough to pay his prices, he'll sure keep asking for them.  45K to some people is like 10 bucks for regular folk.  I'll never know what that's like.

Bike business is hurting at most dealerships.  So is the car business.  I'm working every deal like it's the last one I'll get.  Internet flow is down about 50%, and no matter what kind of deal you offer, people are scared to turn loose of any money, and it's more difficult to get people financed.  Even harder to get financing on a bike now, from what I hear from my dealer.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2008, 12:06:52 PM »

Down where he's located, Howie, there are people who have so much money it's almost a status thing the more you pay for something.  Somebody will come in and buy the bikes, or he wouldn't still be doing the same thing he's been doing for the past several years.  I wouldn't wizz on one of his bikes if it was on fire, but if people are stupid enough to pay his prices, he'll sure keep asking for them.  45K to some people is like 10 bucks for regular folk.  I'll never know what that's like.

Bike business is hurting at most dealerships.  So is the car business.  I'm working every deal like it's the last one I'll get.  Internet flow is down about 50%, and no matter what kind of deal you offer, people are scared to turn loose of any money, and it's more difficult to get people financed.  Even harder to get financing on a bike now, from what I hear from my dealer.

According to one of the local dealerships here in upstate NY; business is abysmal. Their words not mine.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2008, 12:37:11 PM »

I was there last October. They has the O8 SE Ultra's on the floor for over $46,000.00 They also had 2 07's there for $44,900.00. I came back the next day & both 07's were sold @ $44,900.00. 8 grand over msrp and a year old. I guess there is a buyer for everything.I guess that's why they sell beer on site. These guys must be pissed to pay that kinda money. THE MUFFMAN

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2008, 03:31:02 PM »

:bananarock:

Just wanted to add a little to this dicussion. I just purchased my first CVO.

I really is a good time to buy, I found an FXSTSSE3 Black & Green at my local HD shop and they were asking 2500 over MSRP, so I got on the net looked at the dealers that had the bike that were within 100miles or so and called them, got them back and forth for a couple days and ended up 1200 under MSRP.

And if no one would have bit, I would ride my FatBoy for another year.

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2008, 03:55:07 PM »

My dealer as standard practice, charges 2k over mSRP on all CVO's.  Fortunately this is the 4th bike I've bought and paid MSRP for my 09 SERG and $0 on freight/prep.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »

Gainesville HD...msrp, 15% off HD parts, 10% off aftermarket..Nice folks just more of the same attitude wise.
They allegedly have Orange serg due December at msrp +ship/setup @675.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2008, 09:49:52 PM »

Down where he's located, Howie, there are people who have so much money it's almost a status thing the more you pay for something.  Somebody will come in and buy the bikes, or he wouldn't still be doing the same thing he's been doing for the past several years.  I wouldn't wizz on one of his bikes if it was on fire, but if people are stupid enough to pay his prices, he'll sure keep asking for them.  45K to some people is like 10 bucks for regular folk.  I'll never know what that's like.

Bike business is hurting at most dealerships.  So is the car business.  I'm working every deal like it's the last one I'll get.  Internet flow is down about 50%, and no matter what kind of deal you offer, people are scared to turn loose of any money, and it's more difficult to get people financed.  Even harder to get financing on a bike now, from what I hear from my dealer.

Since when is stupid a status symbol? :confused5:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2008, 08:11:31 AM »

Here in New Jersey I have 5 dealers that I checked with. The highest was 5K over and 3 others were 2K over. I got my 08 Dyna for 500$ under MSRP and I got 1500$ for accessories but I did buy it the day the MOCO came out with there 09 models.

you need to come down here to south jersey!

got 3 dealerships in my area, and all 3 sell all of their bikes at MSRP.... even the CVO's..... :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »

I was in Fat Ba$tard$' Southern Thunder in Horn Lake, MS (really Memphis), the manager told me all of their CVO bikes were shipped direct to the Daytona store for Octoberfest. They thought all would be sold there and doubted they would be getting any, my guess is they probably sell all the CVO's from all 12 shops this month at those kind of markups.
Here he purchased a huge piece of land where his new dealership is now breaking ground, along with a large amphitheater, huge hotel, campground with all the amenities. It is said to copy destination Daytona in order for him to build on "Memphis In May", a month long festival that draws thousands of visitors every May. He said because of the central location here, centered between Sturgis and Daytona he thinks he can make it as big as either of them with the proper marketing. It is rumored the 20 Tunica casinos just down the road from his property have put up all the $$$$ for his development. I don't doubt it when most dealers are sucking wind, he is selling every CVO he can get at 40-50K, not to mention his own CVO type bikes he is getting an even higher markup on.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:00:13 AM by MJZ »

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »

Wonder how it will affect the Bumpus folks?  They have good dealerships.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »

Wonder how it will affect the Bumpus folks?  They have good dealerships.

Bumpus has and continues to lose or layoff people, Southern Thunder is hiring most of the people Bumpus has lost. Gone from Bumpus just recently are the service manager, sales manager, clothing manager / buyer, 2 salesman and several service techs. It appears to me the big difference between them is customer service, Southern Thunder let's every customer know they really appreciate their choosing to stop by, Bumpus stills act like they are doing you a big favor by allowing you to come in there. It would not surprise me to hear Southern Thunder will be taking over the Memphis dealerships.
Bumpus does sell at MSRP, Southern Thunder sells for whatever they can get but every price at Southern Thunder is negotiable. When the prices are the same, I buy from the dealer that appreciates my business and offers good customer service. One is a dealer looking to the future whereas Bumpus still thinks it is 1992 and there is a great shortage of Harleys to buy.

rlsbiker

• Me and my girls

• CVO1: 2005 SE Electraglide
    • CVO2: 2007 SE UltraClassic (just traded for 2009)
    • CVO3: 2009 SE UltraClassic
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »

Just rode my new 09 SE Ultra Classic (picked it up very late July - was on the showroom floor for 2 days) from Reading PA to Daytona and back.  What a ride ... Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, etc.  Stayed in Daytona Tues thru Sat.  Stopped at Destination Daytona.  They had a high octane orange/autumn haze like mine there.  Wanted $46000 for it and will probably get it.  I told one of their salesguys that our dealership up home never marks any bike over MSRP.  They said they have to put these prices on them because they buy them from other dealerships at MSRP or better just so they can have them on their showroom floor.  Amazing ...
Well, next adventure (without the bike, though) is the Hogs On The High Seas cruise leaving 11/2.  Can't wait!
Roger

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »

Just rode my new 09 SE Ultra Classic (picked it up very late July - was on the showroom floor for 2 days) from Reading PA to Daytona and back.  What a ride ... Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, etc.  Stayed in Daytona Tues thru Sat.  Stopped at Destination Daytona.  They had a high octane orange/autumn haze like mine there.  Wanted $46000 for it and will probably get it.  I told one of their salesguys that our dealership up home never marks any bike over MSRP.  They said they have to put these prices on them because they buy them from other dealerships at MSRP or better just so they can have them on their showroom floor.  Amazing ...
Well, next adventure (without the bike, though) is the Hogs On The High Seas cruise leaving 11/2.  Can't wait!
Roger

This is very true. Many poor /small state H-D dealerships cannot sell their allotment of CVO's but don't want to give them up because they want to be able to offer the full product line. They are happy to get MSRP even if it's from another dealer. As stated by the sales guy at FB's place, that's the only way they have so many to put on the floor. I'm not defending FB, but if he's paying another dealer MSRP, plus shipping costs from wherever to DD one can see how the price of these bikes ends up being what it is. What's a shame is that most every dealer I know of won't do a dealer search for you so if you want one and can't get it, you could do what FB does and buy from an out of state dealer and have it shipped to your local dealer. Many car companies do dealer swaps etc

B B

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2008, 04:40:27 PM »

Sorry, I'm a little late jumping in on this one - I paid MSRP for my FLHRSE4, but the dealership throws in a few freebies (1000 mile service free, 10% off accessories, 15% off Motorclothes for 30 days, etc).  Why would a dealer sell a CVO at sticker rather than crank up the price?  Because then you'll go back and buy another - I bought my FXSTSSE3 a year later, also for MSRP.  Plus the service department fawns over me.... :D

cuttinhorse

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Copper Head Road Qween
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »

When I started looking for a 08 SERK I went to 2 Ft Worth, TX dealers owned by same guy. They wanted $3000 over msrp. Then I went to American Eagle HD and the sales guy said "we are a staraight msrp shop, not a nickle over" I said I want that 08 SERK and asked the out the door cash price and when I did the math he was $2500 plus tax over msrp. When I questioned the figures he said "all I know is what the price sheet says the price is"  Then when I showed him MOCO msrp he said "well the "recommend" we sell the CVOs for more"

I went to Texoma HD in Sherman, Tx and got msrp on my SERK NO set up charges and a discount on extended warranty! They are about a 90 minute ride from my house through beautiful horse country so I actually rather do that than 45 minutes into congested Ft Worth.

Texoma HD runs a first class operation and I highly recommend them.

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2008, 08:02:08 AM »

I just kept calling dealers until, I got the right price.
I saved over 4K doing that, I had to drive an hour, but what the hell.   
I got my Springer 1200 under MSRP.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »

I just kept calling dealers until, I got the right price.
I saved over 4K doing that, I had to drive an hour, but what the hell.   
I got my Springer 1200 under MSRP.

Try doing that with a Touring CVO! ??? ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »

Try doing that with a Touring CVO! ??? ;)

Hoist! 8)

I did!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »

The only reason a CVO will sell for over MSRP is that somebody is willing to pay over MSRP.  Similar to cars & part of the reason I waited a little over a year to buy the Charger.

If potential CVO buyers would do just a little legwork, they can find what they are looking for for MSRP.  The dealers that are $12k on SEULTRAs over would be stuck with inventory if that happened.  Instead, it's the other way around - Destination Daytona had ZERO 09 SEULTRAS last Saturday.  Weird.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2008, 09:10:16 AM »

I did!

The boy with the key shopped dealerships! Yeah, I believe that! ::) :P

Hoist! 8)

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVOâ„¢ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2008, 09:10:59 AM »

We were at Fat B , on Thurs , He had a 09 silver and 08 white and  by Sat both were Gone , Some one still has money to spend , and by the looks of the Dow future's this AM we all may be a little poorer tomorrow :(
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2008, 11:16:16 AM »

HD stock went under $20.00 - $19.96.

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2008, 11:46:42 AM »

I could have got a bagger for the same deal if I wanted one.
I agree with ISKI, everyone was paying for them, in the last couple of months things have changed.
People are looking at 8.5-9% on lux items, and there are worried about their 401K, not a CVO bike.
So HD sales have dropped, I was putting around just the other day and decided to stop by a GM dealership and they wanted to sell me a Z06 Vette for 3K under invoice (wrong forum for Vetts), but my point is if you want a CVO it is a very good time to buy one.

JUST DON'T PAY IT, because if you do everyone else will have to. 

They are not selling you a new heart, it a bike.

The HD dealer 2 miles from my house is sitting on the same bike I bought for 2500 over MSRP, and in a month or so he is going to wish he made a resonable deal with me.

Most people that own a CVO have a bike arleady, so don't pay it, ride your bike for another year until the dealer is willing to take a resonalble profit. That is why I'm not riding an 07 or an 08, because everyone wanted 2K over MSRP and my response was "kiss my harry (u know what)"

So if you think just because you want a bagger it is any different, you wrong. at least in the southeast.

At MSRP they are making at lease 2500 on the bike, and near end of year its even more. That is not a bad profit considering when you buy one that is ussually not your last stop in that shop.
We spend thousands on these bikes and you have to be willing to walk away and go get some female company, it very similar to riding a harley, but ussually a little louder and the thottle sticks sometimes.
Just kidding.

I'm not willing to pay 2 or 3K over sticker. Call the HD dealership in Hickory, NC everything he sells is at MSRP. CVO or not. Bagger or not. I ended up buying my bike from Rock Hill, SC and they actually beat Hicory's price considerable.

Because some people understand that if you treat people right, they will come back and you will make your money, and you as a consumer have to demand it.

Sorry I went on about this, but it pisses me off because these dealers are not doing anything but pocketing this extra money. It actually drives stock values down becasue HD has to take profit loss for the end of year incentives. So by paying more now you will ultimaley decrease the quality of the bikes you buy in the future.

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »

Buy the way Hoist, try driving out of NYC and you will see that eveyone does not pay those prices even for a bagger.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2008, 11:59:21 AM »

Local dealership looks like a ski lodge, expensive cars, huge house, home in the mountains! I don't think I need to look at the nickles and dimes to see if they're gouging people! But it is free interprise, that's why I go to the independents if at all possible.   

:soapbox:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »

Ya, just need to look around.  With the economy  the way it is there are a few 2009 available as buyers back out.  In the Midwest there are lots of dealers selling for list price.

Haven't seen any lower than list though (at least the touring bikes)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »

Ya, just need to look around.  With the economy  the way it is there are a few 2009 available as buyers back out.  In the Midwest there are lots of dealers selling for list price.

Haven't seen any lower than list though (at least the touring bikes)

There are dealers that have sold at MSRP for years.  There was a thread here a few years ago, that listed some of those dealerships.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=757.0

West Coast GTG   

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2008, 02:02:06 PM »

sorry, I think I was ranting

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »

The boy with the key shopped dealerships! Yeah, I believe that! ::) :P

Hoist! 8)

I was like, what is he talking about?
So I read your post again.
No shopping for me.
I should have highlighted the "got mine for less than MSRP" but I forgot.
Boy my a$$!

;D ;D ;D ;D

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2008, 02:14:26 PM »

HD stock went under $20.00 - $19.96.

Got a buy order in for $15.50.......you?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »

Got a buy order in for $15.50.......you?

Well's Fargo for me!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »

Silver-Black, if you want me to post the slip I will.

But you can these for under MSRP.

I did do the 7 year warranty, and add about 2K in upgrades, but I walked out the door around 29K, which is what people are asking for the bike alone.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2008, 02:56:12 PM »

Silver-Black, if you want me to post the slip I will.

But you can these for under MSRP.

I did do the 7 year warranty, and add about 2K in upgrades, but I walked out the door around 29K, which is what people are asking for the bike alone.

Noooooooooooo
I'm just in agreement with you that they can be had for less than MSRP.
Glad you got a great price!
Enjoy the ride!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2008, 02:56:16 PM »

Well's Fargo for me!

Hit it Monday at the low......

MikeD

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:31 PM »

Springers and Fat Bobs are going to be sold below MSRP I believe.  Unless they are pre-sold.  I love the springer this year.  I would take one, if I had the cake to do it! 

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »

When I started looking for a 08 SERK I went to 2 Ft Worth, TX dealers owned by same guy. They wanted $3000 over msrp. Then I went to American Eagle HD and the sales guy said "we are a staraight msrp shop, not a nickle over" I said I want that 08 SERK and asked the out the door cash price and when I did the math he was $2500 plus tax over msrp. When I questioned the figures he said "all I know is what the price sheet says the price is"  Then when I showed him MOCO msrp he said "well the "recommend" we sell the CVOs for more"

I went to Texoma HD in Sherman, Tx and got msrp on my SERK NO set up charges and a discount on extended warranty! They are about a 90 minute ride from my house through beautiful horse country so I actually rather do that than 45 minutes into congested Ft Worth.

Texoma HD runs a first class operation and I highly recommend them.

Boy do I know what dealerships you're talking about. I don't deal with those guys at all. I wound up going to big D for mine in 05 and paying 1 K over, but the only MSRP deals at that time were so far away that time and money would have cost me more. I'm in Weatherford, holler at me sometime for a ride.

Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2008, 07:19:51 PM »

I have bought my bikes from the same dealer here in Wisconsin, and when the SEUC came out in 06, I called and said I wanted one. I asked for a good deal, and I got MSRP, no set up, no delivery, and 20%
off all options, including the 7 year extended warranty. I asked the same question, when the 09 came out, and got the same answer. Am I getting an 09, no, not until they get a good handle on the engine and heat problem. Bottom line, you will get a good deal, from a good honest dealer.
The "TAZMUN"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »

I have bought my bikes from the same dealer here in Wisconsin, and when the SEUC came out in 06, I called and said I wanted one. I asked for a good deal, and I got MSRP, no set up, no delivery, and 20%
off all options, including the 7 year extended warranty. I asked the same question, when the 09 came out, and got the same answer. Am I getting an 09, no, not until they get a good handle on the engine and heat problem. Bottom line, you will get a good deal, from a good honest dealer.

I have no doubt whatsoever as to the veracity of the above post - - - - - - IF, you live in a town in Wisconsin with an unpronounceable name
 ;)
B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »

You probably won't be getting a new CVO anytime soon then.   ;)  The MoCo seems to have gotten a handle on the 110s now (jury's still out though), but the heat issues are beyond their control.  You'll need to discuss that with the EPA.  You have to take care of the heat issue by lowering the AFR, which will render the bike non-EPA compliant.  The MoCo knows that pretty much everyone that buys a bike from them will do this, but in order for them to sell them out of the dealers, they have to be EPA compliant, and therefore the high, lean, (read hot) EPA AFR.  If you want a new CVO, there's no need to wait, you're still going to have to do some mods to make it right...the MoCo won't be able to avoid the EPA-induced heat issue untill they go water-cooled.

2012 FLHXSE3

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »

I have no doubt whatsoever as to the veracity of the above post - - - - - - IF, you live in a town in Wisconsin with an unpronounceable name
 ;)
B B

Must be a Wisconsin thing...  My dealer of choice is in Janesville, Wisconsin - but the story is the same....   MSRP everytime...  :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2008, 07:35:51 PM »

;)
B B

The best way to pronounce it is " me no money". Owning a CVO, you know what I mean.........
The "TAZMUN"

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2008, 07:41:03 PM »

Must be a Wisconsin thing...  My dealer of choice is in Janesville, Wisconsin - but the story is the same....   MSRP everytime...  :2vrolijk_21:

I know them well, stop in all the time, nice people. My daughter & son-in-law live in Janesvillw.
The "TAZMUN"

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »

Another point about a good honest dealer. I have my 5k, 10k & 15k service done toward the end of each year, and they have free pick up & delivery. Just had my 15k done and the total cost was $280.26, this included the pick up & delivery. This includes a complete cleaning and detail.
Oh, and I live 50.2 miles from the dealer.
I also needed a new tire before the 105th, called them, they said be here in an hour, and we can take care of you. I got there at 2:11 pm, left at 3:08 pm.

Can you tell I really like this dealer?
The "TAZMUN"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2008, 08:00:14 PM »

I know them well, stop in all the time, nice people. My daughter & son-in-law live in Janesvillw.

Gary is a straight shooter.  Henry, Sonny, Dan - a great bunch.    :2vrolijk_21:

Hope neither your son or daughter worked at the GM Plant..... ???
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »

Gary is a straight shooter.  Henry, Sonny, Dan - a great bunch.    :2vrolijk_21:

Hope neither your son or daughter worked at the GM Plant..... ???

No, thank God! I feel so sorry for all those people. Too bad GM had their heads stuck up their ......!
'Lets not build what people need, just build what we can make the most profit at"!
That plant had the best record of quality to, for many years.
The "TAZMUN"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »

No, thank God! I feel so sorry for all those people. Too bad GM had their heads stuck up their ......!
'Lets not build what people need, just build what we can make the most profit at"!
That plant had the best record of quality to, for many years.

I feel bad for them...  I knew the Janesville plants days were numbered when they built the plant in Silao, Mexico that made the same product line.  Several friends worked there.  And lots of support plants also...Lear, LSI, ect.   Gonna be bad for Janesville...   :(
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2008, 08:22:04 PM »

I feel bad for them...  I knew the Janesville plants days were numbered when they built the plant in Silao, Mexico that made the same product line.  Several friends worked there.  And lots of support plants also...Lear, LSI, ect.   Gonna be bad for Janesville...   :(

They make pickups in Mexico, the Suburbans, and Tahoes, are made in Texas, too.
I wonder how long they will keep that plant open? I also worry about GM in general, they
look like they are going down the tubes, as well!
The "TAZMUN"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2008, 08:27:26 PM »

They make pickups in Mexico, the Suburbans, and Tahoes, are made in Texas, too.
I wonder how long they will keep that plant open? I also worry about GM in general, they
look like they are going down the tubes, as well!

Arlington, Texas...   They make Suburbans and Tahoes in Mexico as well as trucks, plus the powertrains (Gen III, Gen IV), plus a stamping plant and foundry...  Been there many times along with every other Powertrain plant GM owns...

Unfortunetly, I think it is appropriate to worry about GM - and Chrysler - and Ford....   :(
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »

I was there last October. They has the O8 SE Ultra's on the floor for over $46,000.00 They also had 2 07's there for $44,900.00. I came back the next day & both 07's were sold @ $44,900.00. 8 grand over msrp and a year old. I guess there is a buyer for everything.I guess that's why they sell beer on site. These guys must be pissed to pay that kinda money. THE MUFFMAN

A famous quote form P.T. Barnum comes to mind...There's a .... born every..you know the rest... Greg
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:52:57 AM by Texas 103 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2008, 07:22:27 PM »

Muffman, these people aren't pissed, they're happy to pay the price and have their toys when they want them. I've stated before that I know for a fact how FB aquires the majority of the CVO's he sells.  Many poor /small state H-D dealerships cannot sell their allotment of CVO's but don't want to give them up because they want to be able to offer the full product line. They are happy to get MSRP even if it's from another dealer. As stated by the sales guy at FB's place, that's the only way they have so many to put on the floor. FB gets the Super RUB trade. These folks come down to Daytona for Bike Week or Biketoberfest and want what they want and want it now. It's like my story about the 1000 TC sheets elsewhere. They're used to be gouged. They think if they don't pay through the nose then they bought a 2nd quality product, a blem. I'm serious, these people have so much discretionary income they don't give a damn what something costs so long as they can have it when they want it. They're like overgrown 2 year olds and FB caters to them. I don't care for the guy, don't care for his tactics, but as somebody trying to figure out a new way to make a buck, I gotta say I admire his capacity for making money.

B B

CoalvilleBob

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2008, 11:54:34 AM »

I paid $46,000 for mine.  Actually out the door at $50,000 included extended Warranty, Extended Service and Lo-Jack.  I know I got screwed price wise.  But they didn't twist my arm and I walked in and rode out the same day.  I don't have that kind of money to throw around.  But I'll just appreciate what I'm riding all the more.  I love my 09 SEUC.  Once the hook was set, they had me in their grasp.  I'm probably the dumbest SOB out here and probably paid more than anyone else.  But that goes by the wayside every mile I ride!   ...and at least I can admit to being screwed over!   :bananarock:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »

I paid $46,000 for mine.  Actually out the door at $50,000 included extended Warranty, Extended Service and Lo-Jack.  I know I got screwed price wise.  But they didn't twist my arm and I walked in and rode out the same day.  I don't have that kind of money to throw around.  But I'll just appreciate what I'm riding all the more.  I love my 09 SEUC.  Once the hook was set, they had me in their grasp.  I'm probably the dumbest SOB out here and probably paid more than anyone else.  But that goes by the wayside every mile I ride!   ...and at least I can admit to being screwed over!   :bananarock:

A great deal is one where you are happy with the transaction, and happy with the product you purchased, regardless of how much, or how little you pay.  If you are happy with the bike and it brings smiles and good feelings to you, just enjoy and don't worry about what somebody else paid.

TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »

A great deal is one where you are happy with the transaction, and happy with the product you purchased, regardless of how much, or how little you pay.  If you are happy with the bike and it brings smiles and good feelings to you, just enjoy and don't worry about what somebody else paid.
If I didn't know better those sound like the words from a sales pitch  ;) Terry, those Toyota boyz been sending you to school  :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »

If I didn't know better those sound like the words from a sales pitch  ;) Terry, those Toyota boyz been sending you to school  :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss:

::) :deal: :vrolijk_19:

TTS Mastertune

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2008, 02:08:38 PM »

Coalvillebob,

Congrats on your new bike, if you happen to get up to the Daytona area let me know.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2008, 04:42:54 PM »

As long as you're happy partner, that's all that matters.  Welcome to the site.   ;)

2012 FLHXSE3

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »

I Know they are expensive, and I'm sure that I have more money into one particular woman that I won't ride as much as you ride that....
So its all relative...

Forget about what you paid for it, or if you think your not going to chit right for a week..

The price is not important now, that part is over.....
Its time to enjoy riding it...

congrads on the new bike....

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2008, 06:59:29 AM »

I Know they are expensive, and I'm sure that I have more money into one particular woman that I won't ride as much as you ride that....
So its all relative...

Forget about what you paid for it, or if you think your not going to chit right for a week..

The price is not important now, that part is over.....
Its time to enjoy riding it...

congrads on the new bike....

You can't put a price on pleasure!..Life's about feeling good....If it makes you feel good and you are pleased with it...Ride on>>>and as my Yankee friend Hoist would say>>>>>>>FTP, Let's rock and Roll....Greg
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:24:52 PM by Texas 103 »

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2008, 03:40:02 PM »

You can't put a price on pleasure!..Life's about feeling good....If it make you feel good and you are pleased with it...Ride on>>>and as my yankee friend Hoist would say>>>>>>>FTP, Let's rock and Roll....Greg

I can not agree more....
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.518 seconds with 21 queries.