Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"  (Read 28054 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Re: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2008, 08:22:04 PM »

I feel bad for them...  I knew the Janesville plants days were numbered when they built the plant in Silao, Mexico that made the same product line.  Several friends worked there.  And lots of support plants also...Lear, LSI, ect.   Gonna be bad for Janesville...   :(

They make pickups in Mexico, the Suburbans, and Tahoes, are made in Texas, too.
I wonder how long they will keep that plant open? I also worry about GM in general, they
look like they are going down the tubes, as well!
The "TAZMUN"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2008, 08:27:26 PM »

They make pickups in Mexico, the Suburbans, and Tahoes, are made in Texas, too.
I wonder how long they will keep that plant open? I also worry about GM in general, they
look like they are going down the tubes, as well!

Arlington, Texas...   They make Suburbans and Tahoes in Mexico as well as trucks, plus the powertrains (Gen III, Gen IV), plus a stamping plant and foundry...  Been there many times along with every other Powertrain plant GM owns...

Unfortunetly, I think it is appropriate to worry about GM - and Chrysler - and Ford....   :(
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »

I was there last October. They has the O8 SE Ultra's on the floor for over $46,000.00 They also had 2 07's there for $44,900.00. I came back the next day & both 07's were sold @ $44,900.00. 8 grand over msrp and a year old. I guess there is a buyer for everything.I guess that's why they sell beer on site. These guys must be pissed to pay that kinda money. THE MUFFMAN

A famous quote form P.T. Barnum comes to mind...There's a .... born every..you know the rest... Greg
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:52:57 AM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2008, 07:22:27 PM »

Muffman, these people aren't pissed, they're happy to pay the price and have their toys when they want them. I've stated before that I know for a fact how FB aquires the majority of the CVO's he sells.  Many poor /small state H-D dealerships cannot sell their allotment of CVO's but don't want to give them up because they want to be able to offer the full product line. They are happy to get MSRP even if it's from another dealer. As stated by the sales guy at FB's place, that's the only way they have so many to put on the floor. FB gets the Super RUB trade. These folks come down to Daytona for Bike Week or Biketoberfest and want what they want and want it now. It's like my story about the 1000 TC sheets elsewhere. They're used to be gouged. They think if they don't pay through the nose then they bought a 2nd quality product, a blem. I'm serious, these people have so much discretionary income they don't give a damn what something costs so long as they can have it when they want it. They're like overgrown 2 year olds and FB caters to them. I don't care for the guy, don't care for his tactics, but as somebody trying to figure out a new way to make a buck, I gotta say I admire his capacity for making money.

B B

CoalvilleBob

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2008, 11:54:34 AM »

I paid $46,000 for mine.  Actually out the door at $50,000 included extended Warranty, Extended Service and Lo-Jack.  I know I got screwed price wise.  But they didn't twist my arm and I walked in and rode out the same day.  I don't have that kind of money to throw around.  But I'll just appreciate what I'm riding all the more.  I love my 09 SEUC.  Once the hook was set, they had me in their grasp.  I'm probably the dumbest SOB out here and probably paid more than anyone else.  But that goes by the wayside every mile I ride!   ...and at least I can admit to being screwed over!   :bananarock:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »

I paid $46,000 for mine.  Actually out the door at $50,000 included extended Warranty, Extended Service and Lo-Jack.  I know I got screwed price wise.  But they didn't twist my arm and I walked in and rode out the same day.  I don't have that kind of money to throw around.  But I'll just appreciate what I'm riding all the more.  I love my 09 SEUC.  Once the hook was set, they had me in their grasp.  I'm probably the dumbest SOB out here and probably paid more than anyone else.  But that goes by the wayside every mile I ride!   ...and at least I can admit to being screwed over!   :bananarock:

A great deal is one where you are happy with the transaction, and happy with the product you purchased, regardless of how much, or how little you pay.  If you are happy with the bike and it brings smiles and good feelings to you, just enjoy and don't worry about what somebody else paid.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »

A great deal is one where you are happy with the transaction, and happy with the product you purchased, regardless of how much, or how little you pay.  If you are happy with the bike and it brings smiles and good feelings to you, just enjoy and don't worry about what somebody else paid.
If I didn't know better those sound like the words from a sales pitch  ;) Terry, those Toyota boyz been sending you to school  :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »

If I didn't know better those sound like the words from a sales pitch  ;) Terry, those Toyota boyz been sending you to school  :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss:

::) :deal: :vrolijk_19:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2008, 02:08:38 PM »

Coalvillebob,

Congrats on your new bike, if you happen to get up to the Daytona area let me know.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2008, 04:42:54 PM »

As long as you're happy partner, that's all that matters.  Welcome to the site.   ;)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2008, 06:55:36 PM »

I Know they are expensive, and I'm sure that I have more money into one particular woman that I won't ride as much as you ride that....
So its all relative...

Forget about what you paid for it, or if you think your not going to chit right for a week..

The price is not important now, that part is over.....
Its time to enjoy riding it...

congrads on the new bike....

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2008, 06:59:29 AM »

I Know they are expensive, and I'm sure that I have more money into one particular woman that I won't ride as much as you ride that....
So its all relative...

Forget about what you paid for it, or if you think your not going to chit right for a week..

The price is not important now, that part is over.....
Its time to enjoy riding it...

congrads on the new bike....

You can't put a price on pleasure!..Life's about feeling good....If it makes you feel good and you are pleased with it...Ride on>>>and as my Yankee friend Hoist would say>>>>>>>FTP, Let's rock and Roll....Greg
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:24:52 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2008, 03:40:02 PM »

You can't put a price on pleasure!..Life's about feeling good....If it make you feel good and you are pleased with it...Ride on>>>and as my yankee friend Hoist would say>>>>>>>FTP, Let's rock and Roll....Greg

I can not agree more....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 21 queries.