Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"  (Read 28060 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »

I think the prices will improve when the excitement over the new '09 models dies down.  Dealers won't charge over MSRP when folks aren't willing to pay over MSRP.  As long as there are those willing to pay, there will be dealers willing to take the money.

There are still '08 CVOs out there sitting on dealers' floors.  I bet that they'd deal now and I'd be surprised if they wouldn't come off those MSRP numbers.  I doubt that they'll get $2K over MSRP for one of those '08s still on the floor.  Cool your jets, wait to see if the 110 fix is really a fix, and then go after an '09 CVO.  You should be able to get the price right.

You are right mi amigo Phaze...I was today at the Palm Beach stealer and they have one CUSE '08 (white/grey) more expensive than '09 models....

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

i have 2 dealer by me and they are selling at MSPR

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 09:12:02 PM »

I know of a dealer in Yuba City, has three on the floor and cant sell emm. They are not marked up one penny... If anyone needs a contact over there, send me a pm

Here is the reply that I just got from Yuba City Harley Davidson (Guidera's) in response to my inquiry about 09 CVOs:

Hmmm..  It says Road Glide in the subject, and Electra Glide in the message.  So which one are you looking for?  I dont have either one yet but I am getting a red Ultra next month and a silver Road Glide in December.  The Ultra is about 41k and the Road Glide is about 36k.  The Ultra is available to reserve but the Road Glide is not being presold.  We are going to wait until we get the Road Glide and then display it at the dealership for a while and then decide what to do about selling it.

Jim G

On a side note, Harley Davidson of Sacramento always sells at MSRP plus $700 dealer prep and set up......however, their first two Screamin Eagle Road Glides are already spoken for.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:13:46 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »

What models?  I was there last weekend picking up the Bushtec that I bought from a guy further north........they didn't have any on the floor at that time.

Last weekend?? they had two Ultras CVO  and one Road King CVO, both 08's... dont know how you didnt trip over em.. and the Vietnam Vets..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:58:41 PM by sportygordy »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 10:01:13 PM »

Here is the reply that I just got from Yuba City Harley Davidson (Guidera's) in response to my inquiry about 09 CVOs:

Hmmm..  It says Road Glide in the subject, and Electra Glide in the message.  So which one are you looking for?  I dont have either one yet but I am getting a red Ultra next month and a silver Road Glide in December.  The Ultra is about 41k and the Road Glide is about 36k.  The Ultra is available to reserve but the Road Glide is not being presold.  We are going to wait until we get the Road Glide and then display it at the dealership for a while and then decide what to do about selling it.

Jim G

Interesting,,, guess you've got to know the folks.... they may sell at premimum if your outside their county,,, but never knew them to do that

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »

My local dealership charges MSRP on all bikes all the time no more no less that way there is no confusion. A side note they just sold an orange and black SERG that actually sat on the floor unclaimed for 5 days
Hey OilCan, what is the local dealership?   :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hotrodstitcher

• Senior CVO Member
    • Sid Chavers Company
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2008, 10:31:46 PM »

Well here's my story. New in advance about the OB CVO Road Glide from this site, went to my local dealer and said I wanted it. The owner told me no problem Sid "you got it" and I don't need a deposit. Went to the dealer about a week or so after they came out and was told the first one was spoken for but I could have the second one for FIVE THOUSAND over MSRP. Needless to say I left and doubt I will send much money there anymore. I'm in business and I understand they need to make money in a down economy but I figured I'd keep looking. Spent about three hours on the phone and most are sold or want over MSRP. Found a OB one at Redwood Harley in Eureka about 300 miles north of me for MSRP, gave them a deposit over the phone. They said it should be in sometime in Oct. Not in that big of a hurry, just happy I going to get one...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:53:18 PM by Hotrodstitcher »

MikeD

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »

Jim G

On a side note, Harley Davidson of Sacramento always sells at MSRP plus $700 dealer prep and set up......however, their first two Screamin Eagle Road Glides are already spoken for.

I hope they read that!  They look like tools!

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:54 PM »

When I was shopping for my 08 SEUC Anniv last fall the local dealerships wanted 1k to 3k over.

I went up to New Hampshire and got it for msrp. I also found a couple of other out of state dealerships selling for msrp, NY and Mass.

Now my local dealership has an 08 SEUC red-silver that they are trying to sell for 2k under Msrp. They also have another SE bike, forget which model for 2k under, in fact all there 08 bikes are 2k under now.

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 11:15:26 PM »

Forget about worrying paying in excess of MSRP.  You get the free one year HOG membership and that, my friends, is worth the extra $2-4k.  Okay, I forgot my meds today...  :bananarock:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 11:35:52 PM »

Well here's my story. New in advance about the OB CVO Road Glide from this site, went to my local dealer and said I wanted it. The owner told me no problem Sid "you got it" and I don't need a deposit. Went to the dealer about a week or so after they came out and was told the first one was spoken for but I could have the second one for FIVE THOUSAND over MSRP. Needless to say I left and doubt I will send much money there anymore. I'm in business and I understand they need to make money in a down economy but I figured I'd keep looking. Spent about three hours on the phone and most are sold or want over MSRP. Found a OB one at Redwood Harley in Eureka about 300 miles north of me for MSRP, gave them a deposit over the phone. They said it should be in sometime in Oct. Not in that big of a hurry, just happy I going to get one...
  Glad you got one, Sid.  Which dealership was that swept you?

By the way, when are you posting some flicks of that shovel?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 07:24:55 AM »

You are right mi amigo Phaze...I was today at the Palm Beach stealer and they have one CUSE '08 (white/grey) more expensive than '09 models....

That was priced OTD Jorge.( out the door, tax, tag, title, setup, delivery)

They are struggling and could not help me with the 09...They just got that 08 Casper.

Gainesville does not any other SE bikes scheduled, try Jims in St. Pete for Haze n Orange..

Miker

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »

Glad you got one, Sid.  Which dealership was that swept you?

By the way, when are you posting some flicks of that shovel?
  JC- Sid should be the one to out the greedy dealership!  Got this stupid song in my head as i type. DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO - - - / - - - - .  O-well Sid let us know the shop when you can---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Hotrodstitcher

• Senior CVO Member
    • Sid Chavers Company
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »

DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO - - - / - - - - . 

"SAN JOSE"

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »

I have been told that the dealers can make 18 % to 20 % on a bike, I got the springer  1000$$ below msrp + no set up or shipping and it was the 1st CVO Springer to hit the floor.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.