Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"  (Read 28140 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markups"
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »

I need to take a spin up to Lakeland, used to love Jimbo's bbq on lake parker drive, I think...

When do we go?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2008, 12:54:52 PM »

You know amigo, last night was Tuesday, where the hell were you ? Huh?   ;)  :D

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE ULTRA B/O
    • CVO2: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE YELLOW
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »

George sounds great but don't think I can get off work and MIKER you are right about Jimbo's BBQ great food but the address is 1215 East Memorial Blvd. Lakeland, FL 33801 863-683-3777.

IF YOU GOING TO BE DUMB YOU GOT TO BE TUFF

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »

Thanks for the correction my man...I know where it is, I guess thats all I need to know...

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »

Blowin in the wind Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Tuesday?

Jorge?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2008, 02:03:35 PM »

We were at Backstreets anyway...No worries...

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »

Miami wild world.... >:( sorry........

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »

George sounds great but don't think I can get off work and MIKER you are right about Jimbo's BBQ great food but the address is 1215 East Memorial Blvd. Lakeland, FL 33801 863-683-3777.

Anyway mi amigo.....whenever you can come around here...please let me know....Mike (miker) & Jeff (rooster452) live close each other and we are friends so we can  :drink: together....

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2008, 08:45:40 PM »

Blowin in the wind Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Tuesday?

Jorge?

I can't mi amigo Jeff......leaving on Saturday......  :drink:

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »

This thread is devolving into a regular meet and great.....

Getting back on topic, I just had a conversation this evening with the local HD dealership that I use.  They are getting $2k over MSRP for the SERG's that they are getting in this fall, and all of them (3 total) have deposits on them.  I have a deal worked out with them to buy the silver SERG that they have scheduled for December at MSRP.  My name is on the bike  :).  It appears that if one is willing to wait until the initial hype on the '09's dies down, MSRP or better is realistic.

Looks like I'll be hanging back here on this site again.  :bananarock:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:37:00 PM by Greaseball »

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

You guys should stop and think about what you really want, do you want the dealers to start discounting bikes? REALLY,,, what do you think it would do to the resale price of your USED BIKE. Why would I give you top dollar for your used bike if I could buy a new one for the same price??? Stop and think about it. I say don't discount them and as a matter of fact quit producing so many of them, limit the production of them like it was 9 years ago. You could just about name your price on your used bike. AGAIN, think about it, ride a bike for 2 or 3 years and get more out of it then what you paid for it,,,, or discount the new ones and lets drive the market prices down on the used ones like what is going on now.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2008, 11:13:32 AM »

You guys should stop and think about what you really want, do you want the dealers to start discounting bikes? REALLY,,, what do you think it would do to the resale price of your USED BIKE. Why would I give you top dollar for your used bike if I could buy a new one for the same price??? Stop and think about it. I say don't discount them and as a matter of fact quit producing so many of them, limit the production of them like it was 9 years ago. You could just about name your price on your used bike. AGAIN, think about it, ride a bike for 2 or 3 years and get more out of it then what you paid for it,,,, or discount the new ones and lets drive the market prices down on the used ones like what is going on now.

Everyone wants a deal and negotiating a fair price up to MSRP is normal. HD's aren't investments no matter how you try and justify that in your mind. But Jorge put some pics up from Fat Bastid's in Daytona!!! That Guy's got some set of balls!!! 46 grand for a SEUC4!!! They should yank his franchise and lock him up for larceny!! Friggin crook!!! Any and all that do that should be completely boycotted til they go under!!! Buy NOTHING from them EVER!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2008, 11:29:55 AM »

I've thought about it.  I'm waiting for the thread that's titled CVO MSRP and "Stealerships Markdowns".  Not too concerned about what I could get for my SEEG.....I'd just keep it if I could afford a new SERG.
 :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »

this site isnt made up of collectors its made up of riders. 51k+ on my 02 SERK plan to keep riding it for at least another 51k, wont be too concerned about what i can get for it then
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »

Everyone wants a deal and negotiating a fair price up to MSRP is normal. HD's aren't investments no matter how you try and justify that in your mind. But Jorge put some pics up from Fat Bastid's in Daytona!!! That Guy's got some set of balls!!! 46 grand for a SEUC4!!! They should yank his franchise and lock him up for larceny!! Friggin crook!!! Any and all that do that should be completely boycotted til they go under!!! Buy NOTHING from them EVER!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Down where he's located, Howie, there are people who have so much money it's almost a status thing the more you pay for something.  Somebody will come in and buy the bikes, or he wouldn't still be doing the same thing he's been doing for the past several years.  I wouldn't wizz on one of his bikes if it was on fire, but if people are stupid enough to pay his prices, he'll sure keep asking for them.  45K to some people is like 10 bucks for regular folk.  I'll never know what that's like.

Bike business is hurting at most dealerships.  So is the car business.  I'm working every deal like it's the last one I'll get.  Internet flow is down about 50%, and no matter what kind of deal you offer, people are scared to turn loose of any money, and it's more difficult to get people financed.  Even harder to get financing on a bike now, from what I hear from my dealer.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.