Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR3 Missing Chrome! What Did Ya Do About It?  (Read 2460 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
FXR3 Missing Chrome! What Did Ya Do About It?
« on: October 15, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »

The 2 zinc exhaust brackets (65670-82B Front & 65675-87 Rear) are starting to bug me. That ugly finish sticks out like a sore thunmb. Anybody make a chrome replacement? Anyone do anything about this? :nixweiss:

Also, I'm changing back to the mid controls. I don't have the stock stuff at home, and can't check. Are the rider footpeg brackets (506396-81A & 50531-81 Right brackets & 50639-1 Left bracket) chrome? My passenger mounts are. If not, solutions? I understand the brake on the FXR3 pedal comes chrome as stock? :confused5:

These seem to be 2 obvious glaring areas (besides hardware) in need of imrovement. Are we in Missing Chrome Bracket Hell? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Otherwise Joy didn't really need that much! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:38:44 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

Re: FXR3 Missing Chrome! What Did Ya Do About It?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »

The 2 zinc exhaust brackets (65670-82B Front & 65675-87 Rear) are starting to bug me. That ugly finish sticks out like a sore thumb. Anybody make a chrome replacement? Anyone do anything about this? :nixweiss:

I hope I'm sure what you're talking about.  The front one mounts just under the cone cover, right?  If that's the one, then there is a chrome part out there--I have it on my bike--but I don't know a part number.  I do remember that it's not a HD part--I think it come from the Drag Specialties catalog, or maybe Custom Chrome.

The rear one you speak of is two pieces, a bent bracket and a spacer, that attach to the transmission--right?  If so, then I took it off for the V&H pipes (they don't use it) and I've never looked for a chrome replacement.  Might be one out there, though.

Are the rider footpeg brackets (506396-81A & 50531-81 Right brackets & 50639-1 Left bracket) chrome? My passenger mounts are.

Yes.  At least the ones on my 2 are.  The right side goes on the end of the brake pedal shaft and the left mounts to the frame.  Not sure what you mean about the passenger peg mounts.  Mine bolt straight to the frame.

I understand the brake on the FXR3 pedal comes chrome as stock?

I believe so on the 3 and 4.  The one on my 2 is polished aluminum.  I keep thinking about changing it. :-\

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:57:12 PM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »

Howie:  Just happen to have the J&P catalog here.  Check their part number 4500006 ($17.99)for the front and 4500004 ($17.99) for the rear.  The rear one includes the spacer but doesn't show it.  I think these are the chrome parts you're looking for.  J&P references the same OEM part numbers you stated.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 05:03:48 PM by RedFXR2 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 05:02:18 PM »

Howie:  Just happen to have the J&P catalog here.  Check their part number 4500006 ($17.99)for the front and 4500004 ($17.99) for the rear.  I think these are the chrome parts you're looking for.

Excellent! Those exhaust brackets are a must! Thanks! The front one looks correct. Not sure on the rear. It might not work with my Cycle Shacks. I have about a 1-1/2" spacer behind the bracket. From that pic, the recess looks smaller. Worth at try I guess. ;)

Good to hear on the footpeg brackets. One less thing to deal with then! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 05:05:25 PM »

The front one looks correct. Not sure on the rear. It might not work with my Cycle Shacks. I have about a 1-1/2" spacer behind the bracket.

After I posted the above info, I noticed that the J&P part number for the rear includes a chrome spacer.  And as I edited in above, they reference the same OEM part numbers that you did.

I re-used my original rear exhauust mount on a set of Cycle Shack pipes I ran for a while and the subsequent Khrome Werks pipes after them, so I'm confident this bracket will do for you.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 05:08:31 PM by RedFXR2 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:12:51 PM »

After I posted the above info, I noticed that the J&P part number for the rear includes a chrome spacer.  And as I edited in above, they reference the same OEM part numbers that you did.

I re-used my original rear exhauust mount on a set of Cycle Shack pipes I ran for a while and the subsequent Khrome Werks pipes after them, so I'm confident this bracket will do for you.

Thanks again! Just ordered both of em! I love this place!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »

And here they are on the bike! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.