Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how to rotate the front master cylinder banjo fitting??  (Read 3232 times)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
how to rotate the front master cylinder banjo fitting??
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »

Wasn't sure where to put this question (posted on hdforums, but nobody responded).  I purchased the clutch ferrule and banjo bolt cover kit for my wife's sportster 72. I was able to get the piece on for the clutch without any problems, but I need to rotate the banjo bolt slightly in order to put the cover on the other. I have attached a picture of what it should look like from the harley site and here is the link to the harley site:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

And click on view 2

I have also attached a picture of my situation.

Thanks for any info.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: how to rotate the front master cylinder banjo fitting??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »

Need a better link and a bigger photo.  What is the actual part number of the kit?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:34:32 AM »

The part number is 41300061.  My problem is as soon as I loosen up the bolt brake fluid begins to come out.  So, if somehow I can loosen it up without brake fluid leaking, then I would be set I think.  I have listed another pic-hopefully it helps.

Need a better link and a bigger photo.  What is the actual part number of the kit?

Jerry

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »

The link still isn't working; at least for me.  If rotating the line is what you're trying to achieve you'll have to loosen the banjo bolt.  Try loosening it very slightly while at the same time putting pressure on the line in the direction you wish to turn it.  Hopefully you can begin to move the line before any significant seepage occurs.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »

Part of the problem is that I have to rotate that line all the way over to the other side, and the handle bar won't let it rotate.  I think I would have to completely remove the bolt and place it in the opposite direction.  I see why my link didn't work- Harley changed their site.  Here is the new link that should work:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/clutch-ferrule-and-brake-banjo-bolt-cover-kit

The link still isn't working; at least for me.  If rotating the line is what you're trying to achieve you'll have to loosen the banjo bolt.  Try loosening it very slightly while at the same time putting pressure on the line in the direction you wish to turn it.  Hopefully you can begin to move the line before any significant seepage occurs.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:59 AM »

Sorry but I guess I'm not seeing or not understanding.  Looks like your line and the line in the website image are both pointed generally down. 

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »

The guys that installed the master cylinder should have rotated the wire away from the handlebar so I could slip the cover over the wire and the bolt, I will talk to them and they will take care of it.  Thanks for responding though.

Sorry but I guess I'm not seeing or not understanding.  Looks like your line and the line in the website image are both pointed generally down. 

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:04 PM »

Loosen the bolt slightly and put pressure in the direction you want to relocate it to.  Loosen very slowly so you don't loosen too much.  I have done this many times and never lost a drop.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.