Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Mustang or Corbin seat?  (Read 27184 times)

bikerman101

Mustang or Corbin seat?
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:21:18 PM »

I have been trying to research the two seat types and would like opinions from actual riders rather than a guess and by gosh or price.

Mustang model 75577 Mustang One-Piece Touring Seat
for FLHX Street Glide '06-07 & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle '97-05
-Black Studs
Or
Corbin model Part# HDFLH-DT4-CVO
CORBIN DUAL TOUR SADDLE with STUDS and FANCY STITCHING for HARLEY SCREAMING EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE CVO FLH 04-05

About a $100.00 difference in price and the Corbin is nicer looking, but I am more interested in comfort.

HELP!!!!

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
Re: Mustang or Corbin seat?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 09:43:42 PM »

FWIW: Wife's '97 Dyna, and her current '04 RK, my '96 RK and current '04 SEEG all have the single Mustang with rider backrest. Around 150,000 miles between the two of us on those seats, and NO butt-issues, including 750 mile days, and 4,000 mile vacations. We love our Mustangs. They were the first thing to get changed out. Love them so much I wrote a short letter to them; they used it in their ad and sent us some t-shirts.

But I don't know the difference between the single rider and the one-piece touring, so, this may not help. But I hope it at least helps a tiny bit. :)
:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

Mustangs on my wifes Low Rider my Deuce and 07 SERK . Can't live with out them. Back rest a must.  Ride all day and my rideing buddy's are all complaining with stock seats.  Mustang gives you 10 days to try the seat out Corbin does not  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:52:13 PM »

I really love my Corbin.  It took 2000 miles to break it in - I thought I was going to have to get an azz transplant :'( but one day it finally molded (as they state at corbin) to me. 

I would buy another - but would use a stand in azz for those first 2000 miles :D
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

screagle2

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 10:00:12 AM »

I have a brand new Corbin, Dual two up touring that I am going to sell...........It has the straight stitching that I thought looked better on my 05 SEEG.  It has never been taken out of the plastic.  Get ahold of me if you are interested, and I will deal on it.  I oredered it about 6 weeks ago, and by the time it came I had mounted another.   Thanks      c.       
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:40:57 PM by screagle2 »

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »

Heated Corbin  w/backrest. Its like having a Lazyboy recliner on wheels.
kb

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

I've got over 4k on my Corbin and find it torturous. It APPEARS to be too narrow or the azz is too wide  :nixweiss: Plan is to have it reworked when the snow flies. Have to wait until then for final thoughts. Right now not a happy camper!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »

After years and years of corbind seats, the last go round had me wondering what had happened to this once fine product...

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »

I have always had Mustang seats on my bikes with zero complaints.   :bananarock:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:17:40 AM »

We have 100K plus miles on our Mustang "Pillow Look with Buttons" seat and its just as comfortable now as it was when purchased. I don't like the way it looks on the 00 SERG, but a happy wife is important.  ;)  Doc

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »

I have about 200 miles on my new Corbin Heated Dual Tour and love it. Haven't tried the heat yet. at 6' 0" 190 lbs I didn't go with the close reach, went with the standard reach and it's perfect for me. Many folks say you need to break them in before they get comfortable. Mine was comfy right out of the box. There is one thing i don't like and wish Corbin would address. When you purchase the complete Dual Tour package they give you a chintzy piece of leather for the back padding, (the one that attaches to the Tour Pack). that you use Velcro stickies tape to attache to the TP. I plan on contacting Corbin to see if they will upholster the factory back padding to match the seat and while I'm at it will also see if i can get them to match the rear speaker pods. Then we would have a perfect match set. I don't have any experience with the Mustang seats but have heard good reports on them. I think both will offer good quality and comfort. The style of the Corbin sold me. If you go with Corbin, Jenni at Tri County will get you 20% off.  

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »

Love the Mustang, have had it for 6 years. My only complaint is with the studs, I would not get them again with a ultra tour pack. I have replaced 15 studs over the years due to taking the seat off for battery service, etc. However, Mustang sent me studs at no cost.  :)
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

mike45

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black & Silver
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »

Ordered a Corbin Dual Tour w/heat for my SERK which shipped a few days ago.  Wife wanted (demanded) a more comfortable pillion and a better backrest and than the stock one and it was easier to go with the Corbin than to buy a Mustang, then  buy a taller sissy bar.  Went with the Corbin since I could get it all from one place and have the option of heat for those cold German mornings.  The Corbin was also cheaper (before I decided to add heat and the Chrome V-Rail).

Had a Mustang seat with drivers backrest on my Honda Shadow a few years back.  Absolutely loved it and the better half liked the size and comfort of the passenger pillion.  I could put 400-500 miles on a day without having to take breaks to get the feeling back in my hind quarters.  No break in period and I'd still be riding it if it wasn't sitting in storage somewhere in the lower 48 states.

She wasn't fancy, but she was my first cruiser and I sure do miss her.

2008 SERK
TTS Mastertune
Bub 7 True Dual w/crossover

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »

I'd still be riding it if it wasn't sitting in storage somewhere in the lower 48 states.

You don't know where it is?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »

When I was looking for a replacement for my stock SERK seat ,Mustang told me that they did not make a seat for the 08 model. Has that changed? :confused5:
-Black Studs
Or
Corbin model Part# HDFLH-DT4-CVO
CORBIN DUAL TOUR SADDLE with STUDS and FANCY STITCHING for HARLEY SCREAMING EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE CVO FLH 04-05

About a $100.00 difference in price and the Corbin is nicer looking, but I am more interested in comfort.

HELP!!!!

[/quote]
kb
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.