Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Mustang or Corbin seat?  (Read 27185 times)

bikerman101

Mustang or Corbin seat?
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:21:18 PM »

I have been trying to research the two seat types and would like opinions from actual riders rather than a guess and by gosh or price.

Mustang model 75577 Mustang One-Piece Touring Seat
for FLHX Street Glide '06-07 & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle '97-05
-Black Studs
Or
Corbin model Part# HDFLH-DT4-CVO
CORBIN DUAL TOUR SADDLE with STUDS and FANCY STITCHING for HARLEY SCREAMING EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE CVO FLH 04-05

About a $100.00 difference in price and the Corbin is nicer looking, but I am more interested in comfort.

HELP!!!!

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
Re: Mustang or Corbin seat?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 09:43:42 PM »

FWIW: Wife's '97 Dyna, and her current '04 RK, my '96 RK and current '04 SEEG all have the single Mustang with rider backrest. Around 150,000 miles between the two of us on those seats, and NO butt-issues, including 750 mile days, and 4,000 mile vacations. We love our Mustangs. They were the first thing to get changed out. Love them so much I wrote a short letter to them; they used it in their ad and sent us some t-shirts.

But I don't know the difference between the single rider and the one-piece touring, so, this may not help. But I hope it at least helps a tiny bit. :)
:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

Mustangs on my wifes Low Rider my Deuce and 07 SERK . Can't live with out them. Back rest a must.  Ride all day and my rideing buddy's are all complaining with stock seats.  Mustang gives you 10 days to try the seat out Corbin does not  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:52:13 PM »

I really love my Corbin.  It took 2000 miles to break it in - I thought I was going to have to get an azz transplant :'( but one day it finally molded (as they state at corbin) to me. 

I would buy another - but would use a stand in azz for those first 2000 miles :D
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

screagle2

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 10:00:12 AM »

I have a brand new Corbin, Dual two up touring that I am going to sell...........It has the straight stitching that I thought looked better on my 05 SEEG.  It has never been taken out of the plastic.  Get ahold of me if you are interested, and I will deal on it.  I oredered it about 6 weeks ago, and by the time it came I had mounted another.   Thanks      c.       
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:40:57 PM by screagle2 »

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »

Heated Corbin  w/backrest. Its like having a Lazyboy recliner on wheels.
kb

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

I've got over 4k on my Corbin and find it torturous. It APPEARS to be too narrow or the azz is too wide  :nixweiss: Plan is to have it reworked when the snow flies. Have to wait until then for final thoughts. Right now not a happy camper!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »

After years and years of corbind seats, the last go round had me wondering what had happened to this once fine product...

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »

I have always had Mustang seats on my bikes with zero complaints.   :bananarock:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:17:40 AM »

We have 100K plus miles on our Mustang "Pillow Look with Buttons" seat and its just as comfortable now as it was when purchased. I don't like the way it looks on the 00 SERG, but a happy wife is important.  ;)  Doc

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »

I have about 200 miles on my new Corbin Heated Dual Tour and love it. Haven't tried the heat yet. at 6' 0" 190 lbs I didn't go with the close reach, went with the standard reach and it's perfect for me. Many folks say you need to break them in before they get comfortable. Mine was comfy right out of the box. There is one thing i don't like and wish Corbin would address. When you purchase the complete Dual Tour package they give you a chintzy piece of leather for the back padding, (the one that attaches to the Tour Pack). that you use Velcro stickies tape to attache to the TP. I plan on contacting Corbin to see if they will upholster the factory back padding to match the seat and while I'm at it will also see if i can get them to match the rear speaker pods. Then we would have a perfect match set. I don't have any experience with the Mustang seats but have heard good reports on them. I think both will offer good quality and comfort. The style of the Corbin sold me. If you go with Corbin, Jenni at Tri County will get you 20% off.  

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »

Love the Mustang, have had it for 6 years. My only complaint is with the studs, I would not get them again with a ultra tour pack. I have replaced 15 studs over the years due to taking the seat off for battery service, etc. However, Mustang sent me studs at no cost.  :)
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

mike45

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black & Silver
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »

Ordered a Corbin Dual Tour w/heat for my SERK which shipped a few days ago.  Wife wanted (demanded) a more comfortable pillion and a better backrest and than the stock one and it was easier to go with the Corbin than to buy a Mustang, then  buy a taller sissy bar.  Went with the Corbin since I could get it all from one place and have the option of heat for those cold German mornings.  The Corbin was also cheaper (before I decided to add heat and the Chrome V-Rail).

Had a Mustang seat with drivers backrest on my Honda Shadow a few years back.  Absolutely loved it and the better half liked the size and comfort of the passenger pillion.  I could put 400-500 miles on a day without having to take breaks to get the feeling back in my hind quarters.  No break in period and I'd still be riding it if it wasn't sitting in storage somewhere in the lower 48 states.

She wasn't fancy, but she was my first cruiser and I sure do miss her.

2008 SERK
TTS Mastertune
Bub 7 True Dual w/crossover

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »

I'd still be riding it if it wasn't sitting in storage somewhere in the lower 48 states.

You don't know where it is?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »

When I was looking for a replacement for my stock SERK seat ,Mustang told me that they did not make a seat for the 08 model. Has that changed? :confused5:
-Black Studs
Or
CORBIN DUAL TOUR SADDLE with STUDS and FANCY STITCHING for HARLEY SCREAMING EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE CVO FLH 04-05

About a $100.00 difference in price and the Corbin is nicer looking, but I am more interested in comfort.

HELP!!!!

[/quote]
kb

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 06:26:43 PM »

When I was looking for a replacement for my stock SERK seat ,Mustang told me that they did not make a seat for the 08 model. Has that changed? :confused5:
-Black Studs
Or

HELP!!!!

kb - see my post above. If you order a corbin ask lots of questions in an attempt to get it right the first time!!! I'm NOT happy with my first run.

For whatever reason my seat is much narrower than Hoist's. All the pressure is right on the butt bones due to this. His is an 07 SERK as you probably know and mine is an 08 SERK. There is a size able difference and I do not know why??

Howie

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »

Seats are a tough one. I have tried Corbin models and find them like riding on rocks, even after they're broken in. Mustang is the cushion of choice for BSR's in my experience. I happen to like a modified stock SERK seat with gel and real leather installed.

Too damn bad there isn't a program where you could try a seat for 30 days and return it if hot satisfied with the comfort. Get's a bit expensive buying and trying seats at $500-$800 a pop doesn't it?  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 10:07:58 PM »

Seats are a tough one. I have tried Corbin models and find them like riding on rocks, even after they're broken in. Mustang is the cushion of choice for BSR's in my experience. I happen to like a modified stock SERK seat with gel and real leather installed.

Too damn bad there isn't a program where you could try a seat for 30 days and return it if hot satisfied with the comfort. Get's a bit expensive buying and trying seats at $500-$800 a pop doesn't it?  :nixweiss:
I think taht Mustang gives you 10 days to try out the seat. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

bikerman101

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 07:39:32 AM »

Thanks for all the input, I do appreciate all of your opinions. It has helped me reach a choice.

Thanks again, you guys ROCK!!  :bananarock:

Ken

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:51 AM »

Definitely Mustang!  I tried a Corbin on my '96 Road King but tired of the difficulty installing/removing seat & backrest.  Then bought a Mustang 2 piece with rider backrest--great improvement with all-day comfort!  Rode it 60,000 miles, sister & brother-in-law copied on their last 4 bikes and I put one on girlfriend's '07 Road King & my '08 Ultra.

bikerman101

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 12:34:03 AM »

Now I need a suggestion as to where to buy my Mustang seat from? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 06:05:18 AM »

I have Corbins on both bikes and love them, except they covered my dual tour wrong.  We'll get that fixed over the winter.  I've had Mustangs on previous machines and love them as well.  Still have an FL Day Tripper in the attic I'm holding onto for whenever that elusive third bike finds its way into my garage.

Take your pick.  Both are good.

Ultra Villa

• Full CVO Member
    • NJ

• CVO1: 14 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHX
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 07:52:07 AM »

I never tried a Corbin, but my Mustang is great.
Live for today, for yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »

Now I need a suggestion as to where to buy my Mustang seat from? Any suggestions?

Thanks, I think it is best to buy the seat on line from Mustang as that is the only way that you can return the seat. i know you may be able to save some money on other sites but you can't retrun the seat.  Billy

Ken

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 01:47:27 AM »

I love Mustang seats but when I E-mailed them a couple of weeks ago they said that they do not make a heated seat?
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

mike45

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black & Silver
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 05:07:12 AM »

You don't know where it is?  :nixweiss: spyder

It's in military storage on Uncle Sam's dime, that's all I know.  Eventually when I get back to the states in a couple years, it'll get delivered to my door...where ever that ends up being.
2008 SERK
TTS Mastertune
Bub 7 True Dual w/crossover

REGGAB

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 06:47:38 AM »

It's in military storage on Uncle Sam's dime, that's all I know.  Eventually when I get back to the states in a couple years, it'll get delivered to my door...where ever that ends up being.

Home is where the (enter your branch of service here) sends you.  I remember how that goes..........it's like Christmas when that truck pulls up to your house with those wooden crates on the flatbed marked up with dates and your former rank from the years before your move.  Always good to be reunited with your "stuff."  Get home safe!  And thanks for your service!

bikerman101

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 09:55:06 AM »

Thanks for all the great info guys. I ordered my new seat from Mustang yesterday. Unfortunately it is on backorder for 10 days. I have been told, have patience and I reply patients belong in hospitals.lol It is like Christmas, I can hardly wait.lol
75577 is the model I went for.

Thanks again

Ken in Mn :bananarock:

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »

hope you did the back rest well worth it and it removes easily   Billy

bikerman101

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »

Well here it is on the NANA. It is a very comfortable seat for both of us. It is worth the money spent as well.

Thanks for all the help.

Ken

jcd520

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 01:35:42 PM »

If this helps here is a pic of a mustang sport touring seat on a street glide look alike(road king version) as I have the long tank console. I love mustangs, hate corbins. The mustangs seat you up and  forward a little more instead of back and lower like a corbin.

I have been trying to research the two seat types and would like opinions from actual riders rather than a guess and by gosh or price.

Mustang model 75577 Mustang One-Piece Touring Seat
for FLHX Street Glide '06-07 & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle '97-05
-Black Studs
Or

HELP!!!!

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 04:08:06 PM »

Looks very,very nice. Congrats. KB
kb

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 06:33:16 PM »

bikerman101,

I have been considering this very same question you are asking at the start of this thread.  I currently have a Mustang seat on the 07 ultra, and have had mustangs before and never had a issue or sore butt issue with them, but I see so many people that have the corbin's and love them or love them after X miles when the they break in.   As luck would have it I was able to ride a buddies bike this past week for about 200 miles.  The bike had a heated corbin seat that has many miles on it.   

My report on the corbin seat

The corbin is typically more narrow than the mustang, it does not seem to have the same support under the hamstring area and my butt was sore after about 150 miles, even asked my buddy to stop for a drink just so I could walk around a bit.  Had a great ride, but was able to finally make a decision on which seat would replace my sundowners for the cherry and roadking.

Hope that helps
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »

I've had two Corbins (Buell and V Rod) and several Mustangs on touring bikes. I've found Mustang to be much more comfortable -  hope this helps,

live free and ride safe

jcd520

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »

It's this simple-----if you are a rider-Mustang---------If you are a bar hopper-Corbin. Both great seats but the Corbins tend to be more for looks than long distance touring. The Mustang sits you up on the tank a little more which is where HD touring bikes are supposed to be ridden and handle the best. Corbins seat you lower and back further ---about a 1-1.5 inches on average . More of that back in the saddle gangster lean look. I know people that swear by the corbins but all the real long distance riders I know use Mustangs and most of them have tried many different seats.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »

It's this simple-----if you are a rider-Mustang---------If you are a bar hopper-Corbin. Both great seats but the Corbins tend to be more for looks than long distance touring. The Mustang sits you up on the tank a little more which is where HD touring bikes are supposed to be ridden and handle the best. Corbins seat you lower and back further ---about a 1-1.5 inches on average . More of that back in the saddle gangster lean look. I know people that swear by the corbins but all the real long distance riders I know use Mustangs and most of them have tried many different seats.
You don't know ALL the long distance riders.  ;) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

jcd520

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 03:18:30 PM »

Thanks for taking it easy on me. I figured I would get a reall ass chewing from all the loyal Corbin fans for my comment! CD

madmech63

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 09:10:28 PM »

Just got my new seat, it is neither Corbin or mustang. I looked at both and finally picked Danny Grey, the customer support was the best. Sherry gave the best advise, took the bike to the plant and they custom fit the seat the me personally. The seat has the highest quality materials of the seats being made.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »

Just got my new seat, it is neither Corbin or mustang. I looked at both and finally picked Danny Grey, the customer support was the best. Sherry gave the best advise, took the bike to the plant and they custom fit the seat the me personally. The seat has the highest quality materials of the seats being made.
madmech,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: Since you are new to the site I'll give you warning.... You just can't tell us about your seat you are going to have to show it to us so. ;D Somebody might give you this otherwise....

:worthless: :worthless:

Also when you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »

You don't know ALL the long distance riders.  ;) har!  spyder
[/color]

Or very many !! :huepfenlol2:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

From the Atlantic ocean to the Pacific.......from up in Canada to down in Mexico.....if that ain't long distance riding, I wouldn't know what is.   I've rode with more than a few of these members 800 mile a day. 

There are a lot of long distance riders here on this site......I think more than most sites have.  Read some of the ride reviews and some of the Event threads and see how far some of these people are riding......just to ride with each other.  I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of long distance riders ride with Corbin under their butts.

In short, I hope that you're a long distance rider and we get a chance to meet you at one of our GTGs in the near future.  Maybe put a few of those miles down together. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 10:22:45 PM »

jcd520 ------I,ve done coast to coast,north to south   east to west  on a stock seat that,s bad to the bone......AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 10:23:15 AM »

I have had a Corbin for a few months now. No complaints with comfort. I logged a 950 mile trip last Sept and loved every mile. However,, i do notice a  loss of low speed (or i should say a sensation) maneuvering and gain it back when i sit up on the seat upright and forward. It feels awkward in the beginning, takes a bit getting used to,, kind of like fairing mounted mirrors, you hate after you install em, but you love em when you get used to em. The Mustangs are a very sharp seat and i wouldn't hesitate on either. 

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »

Huh? er wot???  :nixweiss:

Sorry, just noted the post count...  :pumpkin:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »

Danny Grey is the one I have been thinking about.  I am looking at the big seat with backrest

Which one did you get?  It looks like you have it on a SERG?  Did you go with Gel inserts?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 08:24:06 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 05:13:16 AM »

Had the Mustang for years. No complaints. Having said that they don't make one to match the 07 SE so I have been running Corbin on this bike. I've done 1000 mile rides in a day with no complaints on either seat. THE MUFFMAN

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »

Does Mustang do a heated version? I didn't see anything on their Web site to indicate such

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2008, 10:18:25 AM »

No heat with Mustang
kb

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »

I just saw this announcement in LePera site:

>> FREE SEAT!!!
We're looking for bikes in the Los Angeles area. Let us use your '09 Bike for a week and get $400 credit toward a new seat. Contact us for more info>>>

http://www.lepera.com/

Interesting!

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »

Does Mustang do a heated version? I didn't see anything on their Web site to indicate such

There is a company that installs heaters in seats. THere is a thread somewhere in this forum. THE MUFFMAN

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

seatheater.com has kits for motorcycle seats. THE MUFFMAN

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »

Purchased a Corbin Dual Tour and like it a lot. The original seat was impossible for BSR's. Probably would have gone with a Mustang as I heard they were more comfortable for long rides but I wanted tan leather to stay somewhat true to the original bike design and Mustang only makes black seats. Have put about 1K miles on it and haven't had any comfort problems yet. Longest ride has been only about 200 miles though so no long days in the saddle yet.

bikerman101

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »

I like the Mustang seat, but I am still changing from cheek to cheek at around 150-200 miles. I may just be buttockally challenged. Although when I had my Indian Chief I had a corbin and could ride that all day long.

Mustang's words to me were. The difference between corbin and us is;

Corbin's seats have the foam that has all the air removed from it and your butt will never conform to it. Where ours (Mustang's) will conform to your butt and is actually soft.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »

I like the Mustang seat, but I am still changing from cheek to cheek at around 150-200 miles. I may just be buttockally challenged. Although when I had my Indian Chief I had a corbin and could ride that all day long.

Mustang's words to me were. The difference between corbin and us is;

Corbin's seats have the foam that has all the air removed from it and your butt will never conform to it. Where ours (Mustang's) will conform to your butt and is actually soft.

That may be why Mustang uses a more waterproof vinel than the leather used on seating areas of Corbins (with the closed cell foam that doesn't absorb water).  :-\  spyder

Wildrat

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »

I have had both seats on my Street Glide. I have had the dual tour seat by Corbin on a couple of bikes. The first one was great, the second one I could never get comfortable in. Then I got the single by Mustang. I like it a lot. I don't like the cover much but it's good enough till it gets worn. I used this seat to go on a round trip 5500 mile ride to the Grand Canyon and back to Clearwater,FL.. I also have issues with my back, hips are fused and 3 levels in my lower back are fused also, so I am solid. I did bring a piece of foam in the shape of the seat just in case made from a ground pad for camping from Walmart. I did not need it. I also have the little rack they sell to go on the fender behind the seat. I like it. You have plenty of responses so hopefully one will help you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »

My Corbin's in for it's second rework right now. They haven't been the easieast folks to deal with. But I must say, they're trying! We'll see if I wind up with what I first thought I bought, or if I must continue to look for the right seat for Cybil. I hope they can get my Corbin Dual Tour comfortable for us this time. I like the seat, but can't sit in it all day right now like I need to. We shall see I guess. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »

I used to be a big Corbin fan but am not longer able to deal with a saddle style seat as it's way way way too hard. I've got the stock seat back on LD at the moment but it starts to squat out at about 100 miles. Soooooo, the Corbin's too hard, the H-D's too soft. What do I do ? I'd welcome the chance to try a Mustang. Come to think of it has anyone ever heard of a seat maker letting folks "test ride" their seats ?

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »

I used to be a big Corbin fan but am not longer able to deal with a saddle style seat as it's way way way too hard. I've got the stock seat back on LD at the moment but it starts to squat out at about 100 miles. Soooooo, the Corbin's too hard, the H-D's too soft. What do I do ? I'd welcome the chance to try a Mustang. Come to think of it has anyone ever heard of a seat maker letting folks "test ride" their seats ?

B B

Great idea B B! If only!!! :2vrolijk_21:

I hear that the C&C and Saddlemen are good choices too. On mine, Corbin's also putting softer open-cell foam on top of the closed-cell foam they use to make the seat with normally. Hopefully that'll get rid of the hardness problem, but allow enough support for all-day riding. If not, I'm back in your boat again, trying to find the one that's "just right"! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:40:28 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »

I love & hate my Corbin. I find that after 5 to 6 hrs. that I am not all beat up with aches & pain. The heated seat is worthwhile in NewEngland weather.The backrest is as close to perfect as can be. I just wish that the seat were a little softer. JMHO. KB
kb

bikerman101

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »

If you buy a Mustang they let you test ride it for 10 days, if it doesn't work for you all you do is send it back and they credit the money back. :2vrolijk_21:

Wildrat

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »

Having had to submit to Corbins month+ turn around time, I do not have time for them or their seats anymore. For the price you would think you could get what you order. Two of the Corbins were fine and comfortable, that is after getting ostrich pattern and after about a week of use the pattern was flaking off, had the cover replaced with black, no charge, but then I got rid of the bike. I got my Street Glide ordered the same seat and it just never felt good. They tell you about break in but I think that's just to kill time till the warranty runs out. I am very surprised with the Mustang seat, having heard from riders that they sucked. I think it was them fellas sucking down a few too many. I like the solo seat, and I like the way it sits, it kinda feels like you have a little fork extension on the bike. I forget I'm on a bagger sometimes, especially with a Avon tire on it.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »

Love my Corbin!
Had a Corbin on my Fatboy
Now I have a Corbin on my Electra Glide.
Had each one custom made while I waited.
The best way to do it.
 :vrolijk_19:

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2008, 05:15:30 AM »

Had a Mustang on my Low Rider, Wife told me when i bought the SERK that was the first thing i was going to buy was a Mustang seat, I did the next day without the studs. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2008, 04:11:15 PM »

My wife won't get on the bike without "her" Mustang seat. I bought it in 1998 and two bikes later and a lot of miles its just as comfortable now as it was when we got it. On the RG it moves the rider forward a little and gives the passenger a little more room with the tour pack mounted.  :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

AZSSE

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »

I had a Mustang Extra Wide Regal, and it was perfect(wife loved it, too)!! never had a Corbin, but always heard good things about them. But I don't see how you could get much better than a Mustang, IMHO.

REGGAB

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »

I had a Mustang Extra Wide Regal, and it was perfect(wife loved it, too)!! never had a Corbin, but always heard good things about them. But I don't see how you could get much better than a Mustang, IMHO.

Had 'em both.  Love 'em both.  I've owned three Mustangs and two Corbins.  If I had my druthers, I'd have a Mustang on the SEUC, but right now, Corbin is the only "business" making heated seats, so.......it is what it is.  If I get an aftermarket seat for the FLHR, it will be a Mustang.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2008, 01:37:25 AM »

Love my Corbin!
Had a Corbin on my Fatboy
Now I have a Corbin on my Electra Glide.
Had each one custom made while I waited.
The best way to do it.
 :vrolijk_19:

We that live in Calif do have an advantage over the rest of you, because if we want a Corbin seat we ride down the road to there shop and have it made right there why'll we have lunch, we seat on it ride it around the building and have it shaped anyway we want to fit just right! Then they cover it. I would never buy a seat over the phone!! It sounds like everybody that has bought a Mustang on the phone have been happy thats great they must do a better job fitting them! Have never set on a Mustang, but have three Corbins and just love them.........

Don..................

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »

i have had a Corbin solo for my king and its been awesome for six years still looks like new. no exp with mustang however. its is very compfortable too.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

steve bran

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »

I have had Corbin seat on my last three bikes .I thing they are the best . It takes a while to break in (about 1000 miles) make sure to get the back rest. The one i got for my glide seems to be a little narrow  i would have them make it one inch wider

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »

Have 15k+ on my corbin dual tour. Still hasn't broken in. Only reason I still use it is for the heat.

My wife finally told me she does not like it. So when she is on the comfort stitch goes back on.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »

Put 42,000 miles on my other Mustang touring seat. Waiting for my SERG to come in, but I have the 09  Mustang seat in the garage already. It's the first thing to go on.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 21 queries.