Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Mustang or Corbin seat?  (Read 27183 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Mustang or Corbin seat?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 06:26:43 PM »

When I was looking for a replacement for my stock SERK seat ,Mustang told me that they did not make a seat for the 08 model. Has that changed? :confused5:
-Black Studs
Or
Corbin model Part# HDFLH-DT4-CVO
CORBIN DUAL TOUR SADDLE with STUDS and FANCY STITCHING for HARLEY SCREAMING EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE CVO FLH 04-05

About a $100.00 difference in price and the Corbin is nicer looking, but I am more interested in comfort.

HELP!!!!

kb - see my post above. If you order a corbin ask lots of questions in an attempt to get it right the first time!!! I'm NOT happy with my first run.

For whatever reason my seat is much narrower than Hoist's. All the pressure is right on the butt bones due to this. His is an 07 SERK as you probably know and mine is an 08 SERK. There is a size able difference and I do not know why??

Howie

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »

Seats are a tough one. I have tried Corbin models and find them like riding on rocks, even after they're broken in. Mustang is the cushion of choice for BSR's in my experience. I happen to like a modified stock SERK seat with gel and real leather installed.

Too damn bad there isn't a program where you could try a seat for 30 days and return it if hot satisfied with the comfort. Get's a bit expensive buying and trying seats at $500-$800 a pop doesn't it?  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 10:07:58 PM »

Seats are a tough one. I have tried Corbin models and find them like riding on rocks, even after they're broken in. Mustang is the cushion of choice for BSR's in my experience. I happen to like a modified stock SERK seat with gel and real leather installed.

Too damn bad there isn't a program where you could try a seat for 30 days and return it if hot satisfied with the comfort. Get's a bit expensive buying and trying seats at $500-$800 a pop doesn't it?  :nixweiss:
I think taht Mustang gives you 10 days to try out the seat. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

bikerman101

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 07:39:32 AM »

Thanks for all the input, I do appreciate all of your opinions. It has helped me reach a choice.

Thanks again, you guys ROCK!!  :bananarock:

Ken

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:51 AM »

Definitely Mustang!  I tried a Corbin on my '96 Road King but tired of the difficulty installing/removing seat & backrest.  Then bought a Mustang 2 piece with rider backrest--great improvement with all-day comfort!  Rode it 60,000 miles, sister & brother-in-law copied on their last 4 bikes and I put one on girlfriend's '07 Road King & my '08 Ultra.

bikerman101

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 12:34:03 AM »

Now I need a suggestion as to where to buy my Mustang seat from? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 06:05:18 AM »

I have Corbins on both bikes and love them, except they covered my dual tour wrong.  We'll get that fixed over the winter.  I've had Mustangs on previous machines and love them as well.  Still have an FL Day Tripper in the attic I'm holding onto for whenever that elusive third bike finds its way into my garage.

Take your pick.  Both are good.

Ultra Villa

• Full CVO Member
    • NJ

• CVO1: 14 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHX
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 07:52:07 AM »

I never tried a Corbin, but my Mustang is great.
Live for today, for yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »

Now I need a suggestion as to where to buy my Mustang seat from? Any suggestions?

Thanks, I think it is best to buy the seat on line from Mustang as that is the only way that you can return the seat. i know you may be able to save some money on other sites but you can't retrun the seat.  Billy

Ken
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 01:47:27 AM »

I love Mustang seats but when I E-mailed them a couple of weeks ago they said that they do not make a heated seat?
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

mike45

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black & Silver
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 05:07:12 AM »

You don't know where it is?  :nixweiss: spyder

It's in military storage on Uncle Sam's dime, that's all I know.  Eventually when I get back to the states in a couple years, it'll get delivered to my door...where ever that ends up being.
2008 SERK
TTS Mastertune
Bub 7 True Dual w/crossover

REGGAB

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 06:47:38 AM »

It's in military storage on Uncle Sam's dime, that's all I know.  Eventually when I get back to the states in a couple years, it'll get delivered to my door...where ever that ends up being.

Home is where the (enter your branch of service here) sends you.  I remember how that goes..........it's like Christmas when that truck pulls up to your house with those wooden crates on the flatbed marked up with dates and your former rank from the years before your move.  Always good to be reunited with your "stuff."  Get home safe!  And thanks for your service!

bikerman101

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 09:55:06 AM »

Thanks for all the great info guys. I ordered my new seat from Mustang yesterday. Unfortunately it is on backorder for 10 days. I have been told, have patience and I reply patients belong in hospitals.lol It is like Christmas, I can hardly wait.lol
75577 is the model I went for.

Thanks again

Ken in Mn :bananarock:

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »

hope you did the back rest well worth it and it removes easily   Billy

bikerman101

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »

Well here it is on the NANA. It is a very comfortable seat for both of us. It is worth the money spent as well.

Thanks for all the help.

Ken
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.701 seconds with 21 queries.