Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Mustang or Corbin seat?  (Read 27182 times)

jcd520

Re: Mustang or Corbin seat?
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 01:35:42 PM »

If this helps here is a pic of a mustang sport touring seat on a street glide look alike(road king version) as I have the long tank console. I love mustangs, hate corbins. The mustangs seat you up and  forward a little more instead of back and lower like a corbin.

I have been trying to research the two seat types and would like opinions from actual riders rather than a guess and by gosh or price.

Mustang model 75577 Mustang One-Piece Touring Seat
for FLHX Street Glide '06-07 & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle '97-05
-Black Studs
Or
Corbin model Part# HDFLH-DT4-CVO
CORBIN DUAL TOUR SADDLE with STUDS and FANCY STITCHING for HARLEY SCREAMING EAGLE ELECTRA GLIDE CVO FLH 04-05

About a $100.00 difference in price and the Corbin is nicer looking, but I am more interested in comfort.

HELP!!!!

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 04:08:06 PM »

Looks very,very nice. Congrats. KB
kb

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 06:33:16 PM »

bikerman101,

I have been considering this very same question you are asking at the start of this thread.  I currently have a Mustang seat on the 07 ultra, and have had mustangs before and never had a issue or sore butt issue with them, but I see so many people that have the corbin's and love them or love them after X miles when the they break in.   As luck would have it I was able to ride a buddies bike this past week for about 200 miles.  The bike had a heated corbin seat that has many miles on it.   

My report on the corbin seat

The corbin is typically more narrow than the mustang, it does not seem to have the same support under the hamstring area and my butt was sore after about 150 miles, even asked my buddy to stop for a drink just so I could walk around a bit.  Had a great ride, but was able to finally make a decision on which seat would replace my sundowners for the cherry and roadking.

Hope that helps
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »

I've had two Corbins (Buell and V Rod) and several Mustangs on touring bikes. I've found Mustang to be much more comfortable -  hope this helps,

live free and ride safe

jcd520

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »

It's this simple-----if you are a rider-Mustang---------If you are a bar hopper-Corbin. Both great seats but the Corbins tend to be more for looks than long distance touring. The Mustang sits you up on the tank a little more which is where HD touring bikes are supposed to be ridden and handle the best. Corbins seat you lower and back further ---about a 1-1.5 inches on average . More of that back in the saddle gangster lean look. I know people that swear by the corbins but all the real long distance riders I know use Mustangs and most of them have tried many different seats.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »

It's this simple-----if you are a rider-Mustang---------If you are a bar hopper-Corbin. Both great seats but the Corbins tend to be more for looks than long distance touring. The Mustang sits you up on the tank a little more which is where HD touring bikes are supposed to be ridden and handle the best. Corbins seat you lower and back further ---about a 1-1.5 inches on average . More of that back in the saddle gangster lean look. I know people that swear by the corbins but all the real long distance riders I know use Mustangs and most of them have tried many different seats.
You don't know ALL the long distance riders.  ;) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

jcd520

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 03:18:30 PM »

Thanks for taking it easy on me. I figured I would get a reall ass chewing from all the loyal Corbin fans for my comment! CD

madmech63

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 09:10:28 PM »

Just got my new seat, it is neither Corbin or mustang. I looked at both and finally picked Danny Grey, the customer support was the best. Sherry gave the best advise, took the bike to the plant and they custom fit the seat the me personally. The seat has the highest quality materials of the seats being made.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »

Just got my new seat, it is neither Corbin or mustang. I looked at both and finally picked Danny Grey, the customer support was the best. Sherry gave the best advise, took the bike to the plant and they custom fit the seat the me personally. The seat has the highest quality materials of the seats being made.
madmech,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: Since you are new to the site I'll give you warning.... You just can't tell us about your seat you are going to have to show it to us so. ;D Somebody might give you this otherwise....

:worthless: :worthless:

Also when you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »

You don't know ALL the long distance riders.  ;) har!  spyder
[/color]

Or very many !! :huepfenlol2:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

From the Atlantic ocean to the Pacific.......from up in Canada to down in Mexico.....if that ain't long distance riding, I wouldn't know what is.   I've rode with more than a few of these members 800 mile a day. 

There are a lot of long distance riders here on this site......I think more than most sites have.  Read some of the ride reviews and some of the Event threads and see how far some of these people are riding......just to ride with each other.  I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of long distance riders ride with Corbin under their butts.

In short, I hope that you're a long distance rider and we get a chance to meet you at one of our GTGs in the near future.  Maybe put a few of those miles down together. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 10:22:45 PM »

jcd520 ------I,ve done coast to coast,north to south   east to west  on a stock seat that,s bad to the bone......AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 10:23:15 AM »

I have had a Corbin for a few months now. No complaints with comfort. I logged a 950 mile trip last Sept and loved every mile. However,, i do notice a  loss of low speed (or i should say a sensation) maneuvering and gain it back when i sit up on the seat upright and forward. It feels awkward in the beginning, takes a bit getting used to,, kind of like fairing mounted mirrors, you hate after you install em, but you love em when you get used to em. The Mustangs are a very sharp seat and i wouldn't hesitate on either. 

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »

Huh? er wot???  :nixweiss:

Sorry, just noted the post count...  :pumpkin:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »

Danny Grey is the one I have been thinking about.  I am looking at the big seat with backrest

Which one did you get?  It looks like you have it on a SERG?  Did you go with Gel inserts?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 08:24:06 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.