Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Mustang or Corbin seat?  (Read 27180 times)

Wildrat

Re: Mustang or Corbin seat?
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »

Having had to submit to Corbins month+ turn around time, I do not have time for them or their seats anymore. For the price you would think you could get what you order. Two of the Corbins were fine and comfortable, that is after getting ostrich pattern and after about a week of use the pattern was flaking off, had the cover replaced with black, no charge, but then I got rid of the bike. I got my Street Glide ordered the same seat and it just never felt good. They tell you about break in but I think that's just to kill time till the warranty runs out. I am very surprised with the Mustang seat, having heard from riders that they sucked. I think it was them fellas sucking down a few too many. I like the solo seat, and I like the way it sits, it kinda feels like you have a little fork extension on the bike. I forget I'm on a bagger sometimes, especially with a Avon tire on it.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »

Love my Corbin!
Had a Corbin on my Fatboy
Now I have a Corbin on my Electra Glide.
Had each one custom made while I waited.
The best way to do it.
 :vrolijk_19:

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2008, 05:15:30 AM »

Had a Mustang on my Low Rider, Wife told me when i bought the SERK that was the first thing i was going to buy was a Mustang seat, I did the next day without the studs. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2008, 04:11:15 PM »

My wife won't get on the bike without "her" Mustang seat. I bought it in 1998 and two bikes later and a lot of miles its just as comfortable now as it was when we got it. On the RG it moves the rider forward a little and gives the passenger a little more room with the tour pack mounted.  :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

AZSSE

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »

I had a Mustang Extra Wide Regal, and it was perfect(wife loved it, too)!! never had a Corbin, but always heard good things about them. But I don't see how you could get much better than a Mustang, IMHO.

REGGAB

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »

I had a Mustang Extra Wide Regal, and it was perfect(wife loved it, too)!! never had a Corbin, but always heard good things about them. But I don't see how you could get much better than a Mustang, IMHO.

Had 'em both.  Love 'em both.  I've owned three Mustangs and two Corbins.  If I had my druthers, I'd have a Mustang on the SEUC, but right now, Corbin is the only "business" making heated seats, so.......it is what it is.  If I get an aftermarket seat for the FLHR, it will be a Mustang.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2008, 01:37:25 AM »

Love my Corbin!
Had a Corbin on my Fatboy
Now I have a Corbin on my Electra Glide.
Had each one custom made while I waited.
The best way to do it.
 :vrolijk_19:

We that live in Calif do have an advantage over the rest of you, because if we want a Corbin seat we ride down the road to there shop and have it made right there why'll we have lunch, we seat on it ride it around the building and have it shaped anyway we want to fit just right! Then they cover it. I would never buy a seat over the phone!! It sounds like everybody that has bought a Mustang on the phone have been happy thats great they must do a better job fitting them! Have never set on a Mustang, but have three Corbins and just love them.........

Don..................

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »

i have had a Corbin solo for my king and its been awesome for six years still looks like new. no exp with mustang however. its is very compfortable too.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

steve bran

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »

I have had Corbin seat on my last three bikes .I thing they are the best . It takes a while to break in (about 1000 miles) make sure to get the back rest. The one i got for my glide seems to be a little narrow  i would have them make it one inch wider

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »

Have 15k+ on my corbin dual tour. Still hasn't broken in. Only reason I still use it is for the heat.

My wife finally told me she does not like it. So when she is on the comfort stitch goes back on.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »

Put 42,000 miles on my other Mustang touring seat. Waiting for my SERG to come in, but I have the 09  Mustang seat in the garage already. It's the first thing to go on.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.