Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Mustang or Corbin seat?  (Read 27252 times)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Mustang or Corbin seat?
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 05:13:16 AM »

Had the Mustang for years. No complaints. Having said that they don't make one to match the 07 SE so I have been running Corbin on this bike. I've done 1000 mile rides in a day with no complaints on either seat. THE MUFFMAN

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »

Does Mustang do a heated version? I didn't see anything on their Web site to indicate such

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2008, 10:18:25 AM »

No heat with Mustang
kb

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »

I just saw this announcement in LePera site:

>> FREE SEAT!!!
We're looking for bikes in the Los Angeles area. Let us use your '09 Bike for a week and get $400 credit toward a new seat. Contact us for more info>>>

http://www.lepera.com/

Interesting!

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »

Does Mustang do a heated version? I didn't see anything on their Web site to indicate such

There is a company that installs heaters in seats. THere is a thread somewhere in this forum. THE MUFFMAN

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

seatheater.com has kits for motorcycle seats. THE MUFFMAN

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »

Purchased a Corbin Dual Tour and like it a lot. The original seat was impossible for BSR's. Probably would have gone with a Mustang as I heard they were more comfortable for long rides but I wanted tan leather to stay somewhat true to the original bike design and Mustang only makes black seats. Have put about 1K miles on it and haven't had any comfort problems yet. Longest ride has been only about 200 miles though so no long days in the saddle yet.

bikerman101

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »

I like the Mustang seat, but I am still changing from cheek to cheek at around 150-200 miles. I may just be buttockally challenged. Although when I had my Indian Chief I had a corbin and could ride that all day long.

Mustang's words to me were. The difference between corbin and us is;

Corbin's seats have the foam that has all the air removed from it and your butt will never conform to it. Where ours (Mustang's) will conform to your butt and is actually soft.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »

I like the Mustang seat, but I am still changing from cheek to cheek at around 150-200 miles. I may just be buttockally challenged. Although when I had my Indian Chief I had a corbin and could ride that all day long.

Mustang's words to me were. The difference between corbin and us is;

Corbin's seats have the foam that has all the air removed from it and your butt will never conform to it. Where ours (Mustang's) will conform to your butt and is actually soft.

That may be why Mustang uses a more waterproof vinel than the leather used on seating areas of Corbins (with the closed cell foam that doesn't absorb water).  :-\  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Wildrat

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »

I have had both seats on my Street Glide. I have had the dual tour seat by Corbin on a couple of bikes. The first one was great, the second one I could never get comfortable in. Then I got the single by Mustang. I like it a lot. I don't like the cover much but it's good enough till it gets worn. I used this seat to go on a round trip 5500 mile ride to the Grand Canyon and back to Clearwater,FL.. I also have issues with my back, hips are fused and 3 levels in my lower back are fused also, so I am solid. I did bring a piece of foam in the shape of the seat just in case made from a ground pad for camping from Walmart. I did not need it. I also have the little rack they sell to go on the fender behind the seat. I like it. You have plenty of responses so hopefully one will help you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »

My Corbin's in for it's second rework right now. They haven't been the easieast folks to deal with. But I must say, they're trying! We'll see if I wind up with what I first thought I bought, or if I must continue to look for the right seat for Cybil. I hope they can get my Corbin Dual Tour comfortable for us this time. I like the seat, but can't sit in it all day right now like I need to. We shall see I guess. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »

I used to be a big Corbin fan but am not longer able to deal with a saddle style seat as it's way way way too hard. I've got the stock seat back on LD at the moment but it starts to squat out at about 100 miles. Soooooo, the Corbin's too hard, the H-D's too soft. What do I do ? I'd welcome the chance to try a Mustang. Come to think of it has anyone ever heard of a seat maker letting folks "test ride" their seats ?

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »

I used to be a big Corbin fan but am not longer able to deal with a saddle style seat as it's way way way too hard. I've got the stock seat back on LD at the moment but it starts to squat out at about 100 miles. Soooooo, the Corbin's too hard, the H-D's too soft. What do I do ? I'd welcome the chance to try a Mustang. Come to think of it has anyone ever heard of a seat maker letting folks "test ride" their seats ?

B B

Great idea B B! If only!!! :2vrolijk_21:

I hear that the C&C and Saddlemen are good choices too. On mine, Corbin's also putting softer open-cell foam on top of the closed-cell foam they use to make the seat with normally. Hopefully that'll get rid of the hardness problem, but allow enough support for all-day riding. If not, I'm back in your boat again, trying to find the one that's "just right"! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:40:28 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »

I love & hate my Corbin. I find that after 5 to 6 hrs. that I am not all beat up with aches & pain. The heated seat is worthwhile in NewEngland weather.The backrest is as close to perfect as can be. I just wish that the seat were a little softer. JMHO. KB
kb

bikerman101

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »

If you buy a Mustang they let you test ride it for 10 days, if it doesn't work for you all you do is send it back and they credit the money back. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.