Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Highway pegs for floorboards  (Read 2681 times)

RIGMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Highway pegs for floorboards
« on: July 06, 2005, 05:36:59 PM »

just bought mark III highway pegs for my sefb, dealership that sold them to me said they would fit on my bike got them home and doesn't look like they will fit, looked them up on the net and no they won't work. Does anyone know of or runs pegs that will fit on the sefb floorboards? I didn't want to run engine guards but might have to so I can run highway pegs.  thanks for any help anyone may offer

Phatharley4me

• Ride it Like you STOLE IT !!!!
Re: Highway pegs for floorboards
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 03:06:55 PM »

Wow... sorry to hear you where mis-led.  You should be able to return them since they told you it would work.  [smiley=brood.gif]

I actually called Kuryakyn when I considered these a few months back and they informed me that they will not work on the SE boards.  They also mentioned that there is nothing coming anytime soon for them  [smiley=furious.gif].  Anyway... I did see something out there that I was going to consider but I can't locate the dayum things now.  They clamp on the frame and extend out when you tap them.  Nothing too major but will do the job. When not in use just simply push them in.  They where chrome and where kind of hidden out of the way when not in use.  

Phatharley4me

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 03:21:43 PM »

OK.. so since my ;ast post, I had to give it another try to find. Well i ran across these... not sure if they will work but maybe a call to the manufacturer will ansewer that question.  If I get time later I will check into it and post.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=92&Category_ID=0&manufacturer_ID=6&product_ID=7600

Phatharley4me

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 03:40:31 PM »

I found them...  Here are the pegs I mentioned earlier.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=5300000&cs=Harley&GID=67B92303-1214-4DAF-9A24-5FBBF905BB8B&store=&page=&search=

I'll have to see these on and actually hear from some users before I go any further.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:51:15 PM by Phatharley4me »

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 01:18:11 AM »

man those might work but they shure are ugly! I am opting for a Kyrukun ergo guard personally!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 08:55:18 AM »

[bgcolor=Gray]Posted by: RIGMAN Posted on: Jul 6th, 2005, 5:36pm
just bought mark III highway pegs for my sefb, dealership that sold them to me said they would fit on my bike got them home and doesn't look like they will fit, looked them up on the net and no they won't work. Does anyone know of or runs pegs that will fit on the sefb floorboards? I didn't want to run engine guards but might have to so I can run highway pegs.  thanks for any help anyone may offer  [/bgcolor]

Rigman:

I had the mark III on my 01 fatboy and plan to use them on the 06 SE that I'm waiting for.  I liked them so much that I plan on removing the SE floorboards and installing OE floorboards that i'm sure i can pick up at a reasonable price. Then I will be able to install the mark III pegs.  (or so i think)  I know it seems crazy to take off those nice floorboards, but i really enjoyed the mark III on my 01.  Besides, i've seen people remomve the floorboards completely and just add forward controls.  Crash bars are just not an option with me...never did like them on a fatboy, although they look great on a RoadKing.  (just my opinion)

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.