Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: 110 recommendations. Opinions please folks  (Read 9716 times)

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde :coolblue:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: 110 recommendations. Opinions please folks
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »

The flappers are tied to your ECM over there I believe. You can't just disconnect them. They have ways of bypassing them though. We don't have them here in the US. But it's been discussed before here. Someone will chime in who knows. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »

Thanks Hoist - I thought that they couldn't just be disconnected, although I know sombody with a CVO Springer who has done just that and 'claims' that there has been no repercussions.....yet!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 12:03:04 AM »

A lot of new Harley owners feel the same way about their H-D's.

Like a blind man who has never seen, what do you have to compare it to

B B

Brian, I've never had a bone to pick with you.  Are you picking on me because I bought something I could afford to ride at this point in time, or is the question rhetorical?

I'm certainly not as experienced with HD as you, or many others on the site, but I do know when something runs right, or does not. My 103 needed improvement, and I did the minimal things to make it run as it was capable of running, with the stock mechanical parts supplied by HD.  I then went further to actually make it stop better. The stock Stratoliner YAMAHA could probably be improved as well, but with 113" motor out of the crate, a decent exhaust system, smooth throttle response, good TQ from 2-3K, nice ride, good steering, good frame, excellent brakes, I'm not complaining at this point.  No excess heat, and I don't have to do motor work to make it better.  There is a 120 kit for it...just a jug change and pistons.

I had a panhead a long time ago...I've riden all kinds of Hondas, Yamahas, and recently owned a Ducati, and a V rod.  Is that a good enough point of reference?  I also tweaked a few Chevy's in my day...like E-Gas motors...does that make me qualified to respond to someone about a question regarding what a PC is?  I may be farsighted, but I'm not blind.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

colcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 05:05:20 AM »

Hi GhostRider,

In an earlier post, you said that the following mods really improve the 110 engine:-

SE251 cams
Horsepower Inc throttle body 51mm
Custom Pistons 10.5:1 compression
Cometic head gaskets
Rinehart true duals.
Arlen Ness Big sucker air cleaner
Screaming Eagle Race Tuner - "Be sure to ask your tuner what system they recommend"

Well, my motor smashed a crank sensor last weekend - 1000 miles on the clock and just serviced!! It is now back with the dealer awaiting a response from Harley as to how to deal with it - rebuild or replace..........

My question (at last)..........do you know of any supplier that could get the parts you used to Singapore?
All such parts have to be ordered on line here and I am rather less than mechanically minded.
 I have also been told that even changing the exhaust system voids the warranty here!!

Many thanks............

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 11:15:22 AM »

First off, the United States Postal Service (USPS) ships anywhere in the world. The shipper would have to fill out a form and declare the contents of the boxes, but that's about the only red tape. I have a question about the rest of your post. If as you say even the slightest of mods voids your warranty, how do you plan to get all of the parts installed once they arrive ?  I have a mental picture of a distinct lack of top notch independant H-D shops in Singapore

B B

colcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »

Hi Spiderman,

Many thanks for your message.

There only one Harley dealer in Singapore, and their advice that even changing the exhaust would void the warranty.

My dilemma is that there has not yet been an indication as to how Harley will deal with the issue.
I understand that in the US, they put a new engine in a box and send it to the dealer for replacement.
I do not know if that will be the case here.

I was enquiring, in case they go the rebuild route and would then ask for the modifications to be made during the rebuild.

The warranty expires in Jan 09 - if it is not extended, I will have the mods done.

Best Regards and Safe Riding......

Cheers.....

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »

Japan is full of Indy H-D shops and some incredible wrenches. These guys worship H-D like Buddha. I found a couple in Yokosuka while I was living there tucked away on side streets and spent hours swapping stories with the guys that ran the shops. There's even more small shops in Yokohama and there's two H-D dealerships there as well  (to say nothing of the best noodle shops in all of Nippon.)   Being a US citizen, you're not subject to the same restrictions on mods you'd be if you were a Japanese national. Were I you, I'd put my bike in a conex box, ship it to Yokohama and have all the mods done there. You're not that far from Japan as compare to mainland USA.

B B

colcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 01:30:03 AM »

Hi BB,

Many thanks...........

I think I will await the result from Harley before taking what appears to be a large step.

Having lived in this part of the world for many years - and being a Brit - I can imagine the
hurdles that would have to be overcome.  I will investigate though.

Cheers.....

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 10:15:33 AM »

Hi GhostRider,

In an earlier post, you said that the following mods really improve the 110 engine:-

SE251 cams
Cometic head gaskets
Rinehart true duals.
Screaming Eagle Race Tuner - "Be sure to ask your tuner what system they recommend"

Well, my motor smashed a crank sensor last weekend - 1000 miles on the clock and just serviced!! It is now back with the dealer awaiting a response from Harley as to how to deal with it - rebuild or replace..........

My question (at last)..........do you know of any supplier that could get the parts you used to Singapore?
All such parts have to be ordered on line here and I am rather less than mechanically minded.
 I have also been told that even changing the exhaust system voids the warranty here!!

Many thanks............

Colcop,

You have already received some good input from Big B.  I will add that most of these items can be purchased on ebay, and most of those vendors ship worldwide.  You can also order the HD parts online from Chicago HD, Zanotti's, Lake Shore, or others at a 20% discount.  You could also contact Jenni and see if she can source all the parts for you.

Good Luck,
Travis

colcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »

Hi Travis,

All the advice has been most appreciated.
Am perplexed because only had the bike a month or so and it was my first for
about 34 years....................

Harley have advised the dealer to strip the motor and check the crank before making any
comment on remedial action.  I will have time to chase up the leads you have given me.

Regards

Colin.

ox666

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE4
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

Colcop,

You can also order the HD parts online from Chicago HD, Zanotti's, Lake Shore, or others at a 20% discount.  You could also contact Jenni and see if she can source all the parts for you.

Good Luck,
Travis

I won't go near Chicago HD again, despite the discount.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2008, 12:52:02 PM »

Hi Kiwikeif,

I am a newbie to this site and have an '07 SEK. To date I have had no problems, leaks, issues or rattles and done over 10,000 miles.

I was unaware of this site and the 110 issues but I don't intend to get 'freaked' from what I have read. However I am not 'up there' with most of the mechanics who's threads I have read on this site and I am in awe of their technical capabilities (most of the time I have trouble understanding their language - particularly when they use acronyms!). But I am interested in having some upgrade/modifications done so I am interested to hear what you are doing and Why. All I have done so far is a Stage1 and some V&H oval slip-ons. Bike runs and sounds great.

So tell me have you been notified by MoCo of the 'recall' or were your local dealers aware? Not too sure if we are treated differently as non USA customers?

By the way we were out in NZ last year and hope to get out again next January/February - absolutely loved the place, but did not get the chance to get out on a Harley but would love to meet up if the opportunity arises.  :coolblue:

Did you add a V&H FuelPack at the same time as your stage 1?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »

Hi GhostRider,

SE251 cams
Cometic head gaskets
Rinehart true duals.

Many thanks............

Ghostrider,

I would suggest using the Harley 10.5 to 1 pistons they are a top shelf item, even when compared to after market.  The second comment is I would look to the 55 mm throttlebody over the 51.   These heads even in their most basic form like air.   You will notice that in 08 Harley released the bikes with a 50mm over the 07 version of the 46 mm.   There aftermarket is a 58 mm.   I personally would not go smaller than a 55 and have the 58 on my bike.

HD 22502-07 Forged Piston

I would recommend using Jenny or Lakeshore for your parts.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:45:51 PM by The Belt Snapper »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 04:37:48 PM »

Did you add a V&H FuelPack at the same time as your stage 1?

Hi Smiler, I did have a fuel pack fitted but not the V&H. It was the Ness Big Shot 07 version. This was the dealers suggestion at the time!?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 22 queries.