Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Freedom Pipes Out of Stock Until August  (Read 4844 times)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
Freedom Pipes Out of Stock Until August
« on: July 08, 2005, 02:14:28 PM »

Bad News if you are waiting for Freedom Pipes!!  Just got off the phone with Rick and I was told that they do not expect to see any pipes until end of July.    When I heard that news I told Rick, "That sucks"  Rick, agreed.  I ordered my pipes on June 2nd.  I was told that I will get them in the first week of July.  Now it's going to be another month.[smiley=furious2.gif]
 Well I guess all of us that ordered pipes are in the same boat.[smiley=furious3.gif]  I was told that I am number two on the waiting list of the five or six that ordered the pipe setup.  
 Rick stated that he can't do anything about it. [smiley=wall.gif]  They spent $30,000 on making these pipes and gave the pipe company the tool and die set to make the pipes.  It doesn't sound like we will have the pipes by the time to go to Sturgis.  I sure hope that we do and so do the guys at Freedom Cycle.  Sorry for the Bad News!!  Ride Safe [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Re: Freedom Pipes Out of Stock Until August
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 08:46:39 PM »

they told me the same thing. sounds like poor planning. any other serious pipe considerations? i dont want to wait that long either.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 09:33:13 PM »

Straight pipes can alway be an option [smiley=shocked2.gif]

I'm not sure how many of the true dual sets they keep in stock but I know of 6 sets that have been sold based on my recommendation here recently.

IMHO, when you sell a quality product and the world finds out about it then you sometimes suffer with backorders.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 09:34:48 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 01:15:51 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, 05Rider,
 WAH! WAH!  WAH!  This has me thinking the management at Freedom pipes, is guilty of counting their chickens before they hatch!  Being absent the financial wherewithal to be horizontally integrated, FREEDOM must depend on an outside source, to manufacture their inferior imitation, of the RINEHART True Duals.  As a poker-faced skeptic in all business transactions, in which I am the paying customer, I conclude your dealers excuse for the delay to be truth in part, only.  I would wager they gave you a date of availibility, to get your order, used your order, and others, for collateral on their credit line, which was obviously bumped, and then put the blame on the Pipe Company, and tell you they are at their (The Pipe Company's) mercy.  Go buy you a set of RINEHARTS!  It only costs a little more to go FIRST CLASS!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 01:27:45 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, 05Rider,
  WAH! WAH!  WAH!  This has me thinking the management at Freedom pipes, is guilty of counting their chickens before they hatch!  Being absent the financial wherewithal to be horizontally integrated, FREEDOM must depend on an outside source, to manufacture their inferior imitation, of the RINEHART True Duals.  As a poker-faced skeptic in all business transactions, in which I am the paying customer, I conclude your dealers excuse for the delay to be truth in part, only.  I would wager they gave you a date of availibility, to get your order, used your order, and others, for collateral on their credit line, which was obviously bumped, and then put the blame on the Pipe Company, and tell you they are at their (The Pipe Company's) mercy.  Go buy you a set of RINEHARTS!  It only costs a little more to go FIRST CLASS!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD  

Do tell Hub, what was the outcome of your conversation with Rinehart on these pipes? I don't recall you ever posting the results? Why are stating that the Freedom versions are inferior? I also saw the pipes (rineharts) that they had cut up and made changes to to create thier versions of the exhaust with improved dyno results

After seeing their shop personally I seriously doubt they have any credit issues. What facts do you base your blatent flaming of them on?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 02:22:37 AM »

WAH! WAH!  WAH!  There endeth the lesson.

Lessons being what they are (i.e., often little more than the perception of the lecturer) it's probably worthwhile to go beyond lessons that are ostensibly endeth.  For what it's worth; everyone who has actually dealt with the shop in question has had very positive reports of their service, their efforts, and generally so of their products.  So while none of us really know what their inventory situation might be their history suggests nothing malicious nor malignant going on.  Sometimes supply problems are just supply problems (thank you Sigmund Freud)  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 03:06:04 AM »

Do tell Hub, what was the outcome of your conversation with Rinehart on these pipes? I don't recall you ever posting the results? Why are stating that the Freedom versions are inferior? I also saw the pipes (rineharts) that they had cut up and made changes to to create thier versions of the exhaust with improved dyno results

After seeing their shop personally I seriously doubt they have any credit issues. What facts do you base your blatent flaming of them on?

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd-dude,
 Flaming is such an ugly word!  Gerald told me I could post his response, but I chose not to.  Gerald Rinehart is a personal friend of mine.  The only thing that seperates us from being true blue, tried and tested, Bad to the Bone, Red-Neck, Hillbilly, WFO, HOTRODDERS, is two State Lines!  I support his accomplishments in Life.  This man started out working for Banjo Matthews, on Cup-Car Chassis.  Soon, Gerald toyed a little with exhaust fabrication there, and "POOF", the Genius of this man was revealed.  A "Legend" in Nascar, copied Gerald's ideas, and, in his youth, Gerald was highly pissed.  However, when Banjo Matthews explained to him this was the Greatest Compliment one could ever recieve, Gerald realized he had arrived.  Thus, "No One Copies A Failure."  That being said, I'll get back to your question.  RINEHART is superior to me, therefore, any other True-Dual system, would be inferior.  As for the "Hallowed" Dyno Results, they don't mean chit to me.  No two are alike, ever!  Put it on the pavement.  That's where the proof is.  Paper Horsepower and RW Horsepower lack relation.  Please don't confuse my confidence with arrogance.  The fact is, my "Led Sled", with RINEHART Exhaust, will sand-blast those in the wake.  As far as the Credit issue goes, I hope you are right, and I am wrong.  That statement was based on my experience.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 04:26:57 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd-dude,
  Flaming is such an ugly word!  Gerald told me I could post his response, but I chose not to.  Gerald Rinehart is a personal friend of mine.  The only thing that seperates us from being true blue, tried and tested, Bad to the Bone, Red-Neck, Hillbilly, WFO, HOTRODDERS, is two State Lines!  I support his accomplishments in Life.  This man started out working for Banjo Matthews, on Cup-Car Chassis.  Soon, Gerald toyed a little with exhaust fabrication there, and "POOF", the Genius of this man was revealed.  A "Legend" in Nascar, copied Gerald's ideas, and, in his youth, Gerald was highly pissed.  However, when Banjo Matthews explained to him this was the Greatest Compliment one could ever recieve, Gerald realized he had arrived.  Thus, "No One Copies A Failure."  That being said, I'll get back to your question.  RINEHART is superior to me, therefore, any other True-Dual system, would be inferior.  As for the "Hallowed" Dyno Results, they don't mean chit to me.  No two are alike, ever!  Put it on the pavement.  That's where the proof is.  Paper Horsepower and RW Horsepower lack relation.  Please don't confuse my confidence with arrogance.  The fact is, my "Led Sled", with RINEHART Exhaust, will sand-blast those in the wake.  As far as the Credit issue goes, I hope you are right, and I am wrong.  That statement was based on my experience.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD    

Hubbard, your defnese for your friend Gerald is fine, but then again your defense to support a higher cost pipe system for a friend that does not product as much HP or TQ is a little over the edge... Some times paying for a persns name is not worth paying the extra. Example Louie Vetton versus a fake that last longer  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 08:09:17 AM »

Hubbard, your defnese for your friend Gerald is fine, but then again your defense to support a higher cost pipe system for a friend that does not product as much HP or TQ is a little over the edge... Some times paying for a persns name is not worth paying the extra. Example Louie Vetton versus a fake that last longer  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Rsantucc, and here I didn't even know Louie Vetton made pipes, you chic dude, you.... [smiley=laugh.gif]

The Freedom vs Rinehart Debate......yawn.......must be raining up there cuz you guys obviously need to go ride.  Speaking of rain and needing to ride, would somebody get this damn hurricane outta here??

elvis
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 08:10:16 AM by elvisdoc »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 09:25:13 AM »

Yeah Elvis, I'm pulling for ya'll with this Dennis the Menace Hurricane.  Looks like it might not make a direct hit on you, but further up the coast may be a different story.  I've had some bad experiences with these things, so I have great empathy for you....plus I'm waiting for the storm to move on out so I can ride down to the Gulf!   Har!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 09:42:56 AM »

Yeah Elvis, I'm pulling for ya'll with this Dennis the Menace Hurricane.  Looks like it might not make a direct hit on you, but further up the coast may be a different story.  I've had some bad experiences with these things, so I have great empathy for you....plus I'm waiting for the storm to move on out so I can ride down to the Gulf!   Har!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder

4 of em last year is enuff....20 more minutes and Charlie would've been right here instead of cutting in at Punta Gorda...that was a rough one but we are now used to it...just keep the generator gassed up and lots of Corona in the fridge[smiley=beerchug.gif]....one more good one here and I'll finally have waterfront. [smiley=cool3.gif]

elvis

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 10:32:30 AM »

Speaking of rain and needing to ride, would somebody get this damn hurricane outta here??

elvis

Elvis, someone should be able to fix that little hurricane problem you've got going on.  Hubbard even gave you the solution.  His opinion was that the Freedom pipes, basically, suck.  If they do someone ought to be able to go out and start a bike and run the RPMs up and pull that darned storm right through the engine!  

That ought to dry it out in nothing flat!!  

Hell, you could get two bikes, one with Freedom and one with the standard Rineharts, and actually do a comparison.  See which one sucks up the most hurricane.  Then you'd actually have something real to compare with as opposed to what proved to be simply support of a buddy and one man's opinion  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

One thing I'm not sure of though.  Any bike that gets out there to flush away a storm like that; you might end up needing to mount a little chrome flush handle on the side of the tank  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 10:35:43 AM »

Example Louie Vetton versus a fake that last longer  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Huey, Duey and Louie's last name wasn't Duck?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Just kind of assumed with their uncle being Donald and all that they probably shared a fam..... ah, never mind.  RSA is probably talking about a different celebrity [smiley=beerchug.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 11:11:41 AM »

4 of em last year is enuff....20 more minutes and Charlie would've been right here instead of cutting in at Punta Gorda...that was a rough one but we are now used to it...just keep the generator gassed up and lots of Corona in the fridge[smiley=beerchug.gif]....one more good one here and I'll finally have waterfront. [smiley=cool3.gif]

elvis

I never fully realized how much horable weather you guys have back there until the last two years that I've spent on this board.  I've got a lot of empathy for you guys back there.........but I'm also glad that it's you and not us.  I just really feel for you guys.....rain does suck......especially the kind of  chit we're seeing on the news.  Now when I see a particular area on the news I think oh, that's close to BLM or oh that's close to some of the Georgia folks and on and on.  Funny how this site, after awhile starts making us (me) feel like I know you guys.......long lost friends. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »

Tater, Tater

I might as well say it

Your statement quoted below

".  As far as the Credit issue goes, I hope you are right, and I am wrong.  That statement was based on my experience.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Based on your experience of what?

1)   You have had personal dealings with Freedom?  If yes then maybe those are really Freedom Pipes with Rinehart tips on your bike. Your just didn't want anyone to know the real reason it's so fast! [smiley=laugh.gif] If no then why would you flame a company you have no dealings with. Or even better, would you want to read a post similar about your company from someone that knows as much about your company as you know about Freedom's.

Or is it
2)   In your world (the truck and coal world) the experience you speak of is something you deal with as a part of doing business in that market segment.

Either way
I'm betting it's #3

3) You are bored and rather than going out and making someone mad cause your led sled just dusted them you choose to come in here and toss out a long line of B/S knowing that people will get upset because we all know you have no relationship with Freedom. You are a smart businessman, but unless you do actually have a relationship with Freedom and know something about them, then you have made an assumption. And you know what they say about assumptions.

I should have called you so we could have gone riding today.
It was a good day, rode 400 miles.
Went to Shatly Springs and then rode over to Stations Inn.
Ran into a UFO on a red SEEG and got dusted  on the way back.
All in all a good day.
You should have skipped the B/S and rode with me today!
Elvis was right!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]    
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 05:55:57 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 11:53:44 PM »

Huey, Duey and Louie's last name wasn't Duck?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Just kind of assumed with their uncle being Donald and all that they probably shared a fam..... ah, never mind.  RSA is probably talking about a different celebrity [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
 I thought Huey and Duey's last "Duck" was named "Puddles!" [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  If you fail to find the humor, JCZ will advise! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 01:14:07 AM »

Tater, Tater

I might as well say it

Your statement quoted below

".  As far as the Credit issue goes, I hope you are right, and I am wrong.  That statement was based on my experience.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Based on your experience of what?

1)   You have had personal dealings with Freedom?  If yes then maybe those are really Freedom Pipes with Rinehart tips on your bike. Your just didn't want anyone to know the real reason it's so fast! [smiley=laugh.gif] If no then why would you flame a company you have no dealings with. Or even better, would you want to read a post similar about your company from someone that knows as much about your company as you know about Freedom's.

Or is it
2)   In your world (the truck and coal world) the experience you speak of is something you deal with as a part of doing business in that market segment.

Either way
I'm betting it's #3

3) You are bored and rather than going out and making someone mad cause your led sled just dusted them you choose to come in here and toss out a long line of B/S knowing that people will get upset because we all know you have no relationship with Freedom. You are a smart businessman, but unless you do actually have a relationship with Freedom and know something about them, then you have made an assumption. And you know what they say about assumptions.

I should have called you so we could have gone riding today.
It was a good day, rode 400 miles.
Went to Shatly Springs and then rode over to Stations Inn.
Ran into a UFO on a red SEEG and got dusted  on the way back.
All in all a good day.
You should have skipped the B/S and rode with me today!
Elvis was right!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]    

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
  And then, I would have dusted you, and the UFO, on that other Red SEEG! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  I'd bet he had RINEHART exhaust, didn't he? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  I said, I hoped I was wrong.  hd-dude, has confirmed I WAS wrong.  OK, I stand corrected, and You are right, in that my experience is based solely, on my particular situation.  And the RINEHART end-caps?  I ain't even gonna' go there!  You like your Pipes, and I like mine.  Competiton makes the World go 'round, right?  Glad you enjoyed Shatley Springs, and visited The Stations Inn.  Sorry I missed it.  Ride Hard!  Later--HUBBARD    

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 01:28:54 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
  I thought Huey and Duey's last "Duck" was named "Puddles!" [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  If you fail to find the humor, JCZ will advise! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

Puddles?  Oh my...  No explanation from any third party needed there Hub.  I'd never look to find humor in someone's bladder control issues [smiley=shocked2.gif] .

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 08:21:54 AM »

Tater

Thanks bud! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Good response.

It was a funny thing. I was parked at Stations Inn and saw this red SEEG pull in. The guy went in and got a drink. When he came out he walked over to my bike and said,
"You must be on the web site, I see you have Freedom pipes. I have the Freedom package on mine also"

That was UFO. He and a bud were out riding.
You meet the nicest people on a S/Eagle.
And sometimes on an Ultra. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 09:05:17 AM »

what the heck is going on w/ Chip and Tater?  you guys smoke a peace pipe last night or something?   Har!    [smiley=nervous.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 11:57:02 AM »

Spyder

I don't smoke!

HAR!
  Chip

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 02:26:57 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,

Be nice dammit!  I know it's hard, but try. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 07:35:38 PM »

[bgcolor=Blue]quote author[/bgcolor]=HUBBARD
date=07/09/05 at 01:15:51]
Yeah, 'er 'uh, 05Rider,
 WAH! WAH!  WAH!  This has me thinking the management at Freedom pipes, is guilty of counting their chickens before they hatch!  Being absent the financial wherewithal to be horizontally integrated, FREEDOM must depend on an outside source, to manufacture their inferior imitation, of the RINEHART True Duals.  
 [/color]  
    Hubbard, I am purchasing Freedom Pipes for my SEEG2 because I want the BEST PIPE setup for my bike.  If I wanted to settle for an average modiocre pipe setup, I would go with the Rineharts.  But, I want the best and so I am going to wait for the Freedom Pipe setup.  Everybody has the right to pick and choose what they want or what they think is the best.  So I hope you enjoy your Rineharts half as much as I will enjoy the power and sound and performance that the Freedom Pipes will give me.  
Ride Safe   [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 08:02:03 PM »

[bgcolor=Blue]quote author[/bgcolor]=HUBBARD
date=07/09/05 at 01:15:51]
Yeah, 'er 'uh, 05Rider,
  WAH! WAH!  WAH!  This has me thinking the management at Freedom pipes, is guilty of counting their chickens before they hatch!  Being absent the financial wherewithal to be horizontally integrated, FREEDOM must depend on an outside source, to manufacture their inferior imitation, of the RINEHART True Duals.  
 [/color]  
     Hubbard, I am purchasing Freedom Pipes for my SEEG2 because I want the BEST PIPE setup for my bike.  If I wanted to settle for an average modiocre pipe setup, I would go with the Rineharts.   

Now just stop.  You don't have the time around here to go insulting our friends yet.  

That's our job. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Get what ya want and let this thread die.

signed, a happy Rinehart owner,

elvis

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 08:19:11 PM »

Yeah Elvis, I think Hub said it best when he said:  "you like your pipes, and I like mine"........I'll second that!   Har!    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder (another happy Rienhart owner)   [smiley=laugh.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 09:12:29 PM »

And I hate mine........Vance & Hines Pro Pipe.  Soon as there's extra play money I'm going over to the D&D Fat Cats. [smiley=laugh.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 09:57:33 PM »

How many others have noticed that, perhaps more than anything else on the bikes, exhaust is a lot like religion.  You've got faith in the ones you like.  You may not always absolutely know why.  But damn those pipe infidels who don't like the same ones that you do  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2005, 10:17:48 PM »

And I hate mine........Vance & Hines Pro Pipe.  Soon as there's extra play money I'm going over to the D&D Fat Cats. [smiley=laugh.gif]

That sounds like the ticket.  Had the V & H ProPipe on 95" Fatboy I tricked out a bit....Branch heads, Mikuni, etc...she ran great but I couldn't get used to the sound of that pipe...sounded more like a small block Chevy than a Harley...took if off and went with Hookers.  BTW, I hear good things about D & D...those Texas boys know how to do things 'rat'.  Bet you like 'em.  IMO, pipes are a blonde vs brunette question....get what ya like....it's all good.

elvis

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2005, 03:48:42 AM »

Well first i want to say hello to everyone, and say that i think this is a great site and sounds like a awesome group of people.

I have a 05 FLHTCSE2 and like everyone else i want to do just a couple changes to it. Starting with the exhaust......

I am quickly seeing that this might be one of the single hardest decisions to make.  With all the reading i have done, everytime i think OK...I'm going with the Rineharts. BOOM someone come back with comment the header broke, or the weld cracked or springs breaking.

Then its the Freedom Sytem, Good customer service, but also breakage, cracks etc...

SO......I'm still up in the air as to which system to go for  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

AND.... can someone clarify what the difference is in the Air cleaner.  I thought the SEEG came with the Screaming Eagle air cleaner???  

Thanks......and looking forward to chatting with you all.....  Hammer

« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 03:51:13 AM by HDJamsTX »

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2005, 05:39:10 AM »

Hammer.....Yup, you would think that a "Screamin' Eagle" bike would come with an SE air filter and a proper download for the ECM, but it sure doesn't.  I think you'll find that most everyone starts with a change of exhaust and the Stage 1 conversion and then adds a Race Tuner or PC III with a dyno tune to get it running properly.  From there, it's just a matter of trying to avoid opening the the ol' check book to really get it running!  As far as the Rineharts' are concerned, I may be able to put your mind to rest.  Including my '04 SEEG and a hotrod VRod that I'm currently building, I've used 13 sets of Rineharts over the years.  I'VE NEVER HAD A FAILURE.  I'm sure, as with any product that there are manufacturing failures, but my personal opinion is that many of the stress related problems come from shops that really don't know how to install a set of true duals.  Gerald Rinehart and Company are among the very best people I have ever dealt with.  For me, there's no other choice in an aftermarket exhaust.  Must be the Rinehart sound addiction.

By the way, welcome to the site.  I think you'll find some of the best people you have ever spent any time with right here.  It just gets better when you meet them in person at one of the get togethers.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 07:05:46 AM »

Perfect response BLM777, couldn't have said it better!

Hammer welcome to the site!
Lots of good info here!
And even better people!

Quote from BLM777
"Must be the Rinehart sound addiction. "

Or could it be that Freedom sound addiction?

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2005, 09:39:40 AM »

Well first i want to say hello to everyone, and say that i think this is a great site and sounds like a awesome group of people.

I have a 05 FLHTCSE2 and like everyone else i want to do just a couple changes to it. Starting with the exhaust......

I am quickly seeing that this might be one of the single hardest decisions to make.  With all the reading i have done, everytime i think OK...I'm going with the Rineharts. BOOM someone come back with comment the header broke, or the weld cracked or springs breaking.

Then its the Freedom Sytem, Good customer service, but also breakage, cracks etc...

SO......I'm still up in the air as to which system to go for  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

AND.... can someone clarify what the difference is in the Air cleaner.  I thought the SEEG came with the Screaming Eagle air cleaner???  

Thanks......and looking forward to chatting with you all.....  Hammer

Your bike comes with a Screamin Eagle Air Cleaner however, it's not "the" Screamin Eagle High Flow Air Cleaner that we all want.......you'll have to go buy it seperately.

As far as exhausts......the D&D Fat Cats (has a dummy left side) is a 2 into 1 ehxaust for performance with the look of the dual for the baggers and they're from right there in your state.

You can go to this link and read the article from American Rider (somebody scanned and printed the article with American Riders authorization)...........   http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cvo_gen;action=display;num=1114048289;start=0

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2005, 09:58:15 AM »

Hammer, welcome to the site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

The air cleaner that comes with the bike has a black plastic backing plate on it and is not open to the atmosphere like the SE Stage 1 setup is.  It has holes in the rear to let more air in than the regular, non-CVO air cleaner, but still is no where near as good as being completely open.  With the SE Stage 1 air cleaner, you still have the front decorative cover, but nothing to impede air flow coming in from behind it, it's totally open back there.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2005, 03:14:09 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, BLM777,
 Here!  Here! [smiley=beerchug.gif](That's water in mine, BLM, but you needed to be toasted!)  Later--HUBBARD

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2005, 08:21:39 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, BLM777,
  Here!  Here! [smiley=beerchug.gif](That's water in mine, BLM, but you needed to be toasted!)  Later--HUBBARD

Well Hub...ain't this a hell of a party.  Water in yours and mine to.  Must be the age or my prior misdeeds, but a couple of beers and I feel like the victim of an axe murderer.  Oh well, its' the toast that counts.... [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Brian
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 08:22:02 PM by BLM777 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.436 seconds with 21 queries.