Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Race Tuner and MP3 Player  (Read 897 times)

liketoride

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
SE Race Tuner and MP3 Player
« on: July 19, 2005, 03:35:03 PM »

I recently had the SE race tuner installed along with the MP3 player.  My check engine light comes on when the engine revs more then 3500 rpms.  It only stays on for about 30 seconds.  I checked the oil and everything else seems fine.  Is the race tuner turning the light on?

I also noticed that randomly during a long ride, the MP3 player will get engine noise and the radio sounds like the speakers are going bad.  But this only seems to happen after the check engine light has blinked on for a few seconds.  

Any thoughts?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: SE Race Tuner and MP3 Player
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 04:30:12 PM »

I recently had the SE race tuner installed along with the MP3 player.  My check engine light comes on when the engine revs more then 3500 rpms.  It only stays on for about 30 seconds.  I checked the oil and everything else seems fine.  Is the race tuner turning the light on?

I also noticed that randomly during a long ride, the MP3 player will get engine noise and the radio sounds like the speakers are going bad.  But this only seems to happen after the check engine light has blinked on for a few seconds.  

Any thoughts?

Yeah, take it to the shop so they can plug it in and see what code is throwing the check engine light.

ufo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 06:43:15 PM »

Had a problem after all the work on the RK with the disgnostic light (rear cylinder misfire). This went on for 6 months each time they kept fine tuning the race tuner which was great because the bike kept getting better dynos each time but it was not cured until they changed the timing. The light has never been on since.
2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2, Freesom package, HD2003 pcIII map
2003 Road King Classic 6 speed big bore forged pistons cnc ported heads 251 cam race tuner rinehart true duals

starvin

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:31:13 PM »

if you can get your computer close enough just plug it into the ECM. You have the race tuner so it wil tell you exactly what caused the light to come on, its on page 71 of the user manual.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.