Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: July Dealer Meeting--What New Part Do You Want  (Read 2599 times)

M.White

• Junior CVO Member
  • aka:
Re: July Dealer Meeting--What New Part Do You Want
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 09:48:38 PM »

We're getting closer and closer to the July 05 dealer meeting.  Along with new bikes the dealer meetings also offer the release of new parts (at least usually they do).  So what new part or accessory are you hoping for?

I think all the SEEG crowd is expecting an oil temp gauge that matches the other instruments.  That'd be nice; and I'd get one.  It's not what I hope for most though.

I'd love to see Harley finally release a radio with up to date features.  An in dash unit to do AM/FM/WB/CD/MP3 and XM.  Maybe even with a card reader built in to its face?

Relative to what such a radio should actually cost I'd pay a semi-stupid amount of money to buy such a thing if it just plugged in and worked and didn't have typical Harley-esque issues in its initial release.

Hey TwoLane,

I hear the 06 Ultra will have a 4"-5" GPS screen built into the radio and XM option. They must have changed the layout of the inner faring to get it all to fit. [smiley=bigok.gif]
05 FLHTCSE2
SE Stage 1 AC
Bassani Power Curves
Bassani Reverse Cone HO
PC III usb

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 10:21:08 PM »

Hey TwoLane,

I hear the 06 Ultra will have a 4"-5" GPS screen built into the radio and XM option. They must have changed the layout of the inner faring to get it all to fit. [smiley=bigok.gif]

While I'm intrigued by the idea Mike in one way that completely and royally sucks.  If it's such a completely different unit that means we likely won't be able to use it as a retrofit.  Just have to wait and see (grumble grumble)  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Maybe rather than a fully deployed display all the time it'll be something like some Pioneer head units have seen that have a display screen that retracts from the head unit for viewing and folds back up inside when not in use.  They fit in the standard form factor of a regular head unit.  The Harley radios are already much bigger than a common car stereo head unit so it's not like they don't have some room for miniaturization.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 01:20:18 AM by twolanerider »

CVO_BAGR

• '00 FLTRSEI_'04 FLHTCSE_'09 FLTRSE3_CHRIS BOYETTE
    • NC

• CVO1: FLTRSE
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: FLTRSE3
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 01:04:42 AM »

My wants are not that bad....just a transmission interface cover that will work with the hydraulic clutch. I have them on my other bikes and really like the look....especially on this bike since it will cover up some more of my silver engine....

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 06:36:48 AM »

Gear drive cams would be nice , even if they are made by S&S
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 09:24:54 AM »

How about free upgrades for our CVOs, based on that we paid so much to begin with...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 09:25:17 AM by Doc »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.