CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Re: High Comp Pistons

(1/3) > >>

OTIS:

--- Quote ---Has anyone found a set of high compression pistons that will put about 10:1 compression on a set of stock 103 heads ?
--- End quote ---

David buy pistons and heads its worth it and it will make you happy.

OTIS

DavidB:
Has anyone found a set of high compression pistons that will put about 10:1 compression on a set of stock 103 heads ?

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote ---Has anyone found a set of high compression pistons that will put about 10:1 compression on a set of stock 103 heads ?
--- End quote ---

Harley has them but you must modify your 103 heads or buy the 103 plus heads from Harley. That will yeild about 10.5 to 1. The pistons can be relieved to lower compression
ratios. But you must modify your exsisting heads for these pistons. I am at work till tomorrow and don't have the part numbers in front of me.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote ---
David buy pistons and heads its worth it and it will make you happy.

OTIS

--- End quote ---

Thanks Otis I don't think I could have said it any better. I wasn't going to buy heads and modify the stock ones. After I saw them it was an easy choice.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DavidB:
Dawg

--- Quote ---
Thanks Otis I don't think I could have said it any better. I wasn't going to buy heads and modify the stock ones. After I saw them it was an easy choice.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
--- End quote ---

Dawg,
 With the compression increase does the bike have any problems with preignition or detonation ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version