Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extended Service Plan  (Read 895 times)

yort4041

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Black Ice
    • CVO2: Big Dog PitBull
Extended Service Plan
« on: September 25, 2008, 11:10:55 PM »

I know I've seen this discussed on here before, but I can't find what I read in the past. I am trying to locate a dealer that I can call or email or whatever and buy the extended service plan. I really don't like the local dealer here and thought I read where you can get the service plan over phone, etc. My factory warranty will expire in about 2 weeks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Extended Service Plan
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:20:40 PM »

Take a look at this post for a list of dealers that offer a discount.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 12:08:25 AM »

Hey Yort4041 what bike did you buy and what rates were you quoted?

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 12:31:03 AM »

Hey Yort4041 what bike did you buy and what rates were you quoted?

bribe36,

it was good meeting you yesterday in Edmonton, nice bike thats the colour I want to get. have you decided where you are going on your trip south?

I checked with Jenni at Tri County HD (she offers 20% discounts) and asked her about buying the ESP for a bike purchased in Canada. She told me she could not sell an ESP for a bike purchased in Canada. However she could sell an ESP on a bike purchased in the US and registered to an US address then if a Canadian buyer purchase the bike the ESP will be honored.

Also, as advised in previous posts you do not have to go to HD Dealer to have ESP work performed.

geezerglide

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 01 FXDWG2 Traded to FlaHeatWave
    • CVO2: 06 FLTHCUSE 93k & Traded on a 10 FLHTK 73k traded on a Skunk
    • CVO3: 12 FLTRXSE Rollin Hard
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 09:00:39 PM »

I have owned 30 Harleys - only two of them new - both CVO's - the 01 FXDWG2, and the 06 FLTHCUSE.  The 01 paid for itself after the factory dropped.  Then I traded it to a friend for a tricked out 02 Road King (pearl white/slammed to the ground/96incher) only HD my wife said "don't sell that bike"  oh well I did not listen.  Anyhow my buddy proceded to use all HD parts and had a $10k motor built by the local HD dealer.  The motor exploded and the extended  was used to pay for it (as it was) still a hotrod.

My 06 SE Ultra has 51k on it.  I smoked the rear exhaust valve on the last 50 miles of a 1250 mile day ( still made it to the house on one cylinder) at 40,000 miles.  The extended paid for this - probably a $2500 out of pocket if I had to pay.  The bottom line is this - I can change the fluids, and even dabble into a few other things here and there.  With the computers, fuel injection, and expense of every nut, bolt screw, and labor on this thing I highly recommend the warranty.

Even the FXDWG2 had many minor issues repaired under this warranty before I transferred it to my friend.  Like the other post - a dice roll.  For me the extended has been a wise decision both times.  I hope to keep the 06 for awhile - but next time I get a new HD - I will definately by the extended - If they will still sell it to me.

Ride Safe

David Mitchell

PS - I have 51k on my 06 103 - does anybody think I need to have the CamChainTensioner examined?
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.