Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Has Anyone Used  (Read 8717 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: Has Anyone Used
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 12:55:09 PM »

Mrs, the turn signal relocation that was used did not actually move the signals. The bar for lack of another word is just a different style round tube in place of the signal mounts in the same place. SO instead of looking like they swoop back they just stick straight out, hope that helps.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 04:10:54 PM »

Mrs, the turn signal relocation that was used did not actually move the signals. The bar for lack of another word is just a different style round tube in place of the signal mounts in the same place. SO instead of looking like they swoop back they just stick straight out, hope that helps.

So what your saying is that it's only a thinner, straighter bar that holds the turn signal in the same spot.  But allows more room to hold the hardware for the saddlebag brackets??That would work fine in my book. Just didn't want to move them down to the Tail Light like many relocation kits do. Thanks for this info.    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Sandy
Sandy :)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 04:15:10 PM »

exactly a thinner straighter bar! Thats a good way to describe it. Yes thats what you want. I agree about relocating under the tailight..........unless you find a turn signal mount that is on the SE Ultra, that would look rather cool on the fatboy so you don't have the big lolipops sticking out which is what I think we are both trying to avoid.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 11:15:06 AM »

Quote from: sefatboyscott
 unless you find a turn signal mount that is on the SE Ultra, that would look rather cool on the fatboy so you don't have the big lolipops sticking out which is what I think we are both trying to avoid.

Oh but they do have those for our bikes too. HD part # 68615-04 for $129.95. They will fit all the larger bikes except the Heritage, Softail Classic and the Street Glide. I just wasn't sure I wanted to make that much of a change on my bike. Wanted to leave it as much stock looking as I can.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Sandy

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2005, 12:09:12 PM »

Mrs pretty sure these are the ones you are looking for

53859-02A

Required to install Detachable Sideplate P/N 53810-00 or 53857-00 on '02 FLSTF, FXST, FXSTS and FXSTB when equipped with Saddlebag P/N 92000-00A, 90320-00A, 90130-00A, 90119-00, 91537-00, 90114-00 or 91536-00.

MSRP US $24.95
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2005, 12:11:14 PM »

Wanted to leave it as much stock looking as I can.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Sandy

Your kidding right?? Those rims of yours are sweet but certainly not stock looking.............I like em!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2005, 09:14:01 PM »

I have used these my dealer fitted them before I picked the bike up (new) said I needed them for the detachables (this is a load of chit) I removed them & brought them in closer than stock.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2005, 09:15:21 PM »

I have used these my dealer fitted them before I picked the bike up (new) said I needed them for the detachables (this is a load of chit) I removed them & brought them in closer than stock.

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2005, 09:16:19 PM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2005, 09:17:11 PM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »

The right signal is part 53859-02A ...how did you do the left side??
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 01:46:35 PM »

Also I don't believe that the dealer was BSing you, you just found a better way to do it it seems. The stock CVO turn signal mounts are too close to the rear bolt on the fender strut to use detchables, so they were not BSing you, you just found a better solution.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2005, 04:18:38 PM »

Also I don't believe that the dealer was BSing you, you just found a better way to do it it seems. The stock CVO turn signal mounts are too close to the rear bolt on the fender strut to use detchables, so they were not BSing you, you just found a better solution.

I just eliminated the 1 1/2 inch straight extension & put a bolt through the fender strut straight into the turn signal. Had to drill a hole through the centre of the new bolt to run the wires through. I suppose I still needed the relocation kit but just modified it.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005, 06:01:09 PM »

Mrs pretty sure these are the ones you are looking for

53859-02A

Required to install Detachable Sideplate P/N 53810-00 or 53857-00 on '02 FLSTF, FXST, FXSTS and FXSTB when equipped with Saddlebag P/N 92000-00A, 90320-00A, 90130-00A, 90119-00, 91537-00, 90114-00 or 91536-00.

MSRP US $24.95

Thanks a bunch. I'll let you know what I end up doing.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Sandy

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 06:17:06 PM »

Your kidding right?? Those rims of yours are sweet but certainly not stock looking.............I like em!

Well I ment as far as the fender struts, turn signals, seat etc (Cosmetics)....These are the changes I have made to mine. Those are the slotted six spoke HD Wheels part # 43918-02 & # 43930-02. Only my dealer sent them out and had the ridges between the spokes grinded down smooth and then had the entire wheel chromed. As it is they had the ridges between each spoke and the wheel is part brushed, part chrome. They look a LOT better all chromed.  Then I added the extended jiffy stand part #050249-05. It's a lot easier for me to reach when I'm putting it up and to find to put it down. Then I put smaller grips on, the ones that came on it where to fat/round for my hands. Where making it hard for me to reach the controls safely. I added the smaller HD Stitched grips. Also added HD's Low Profile detachable windshield, but cut it down another 2 inches or so. It was hitting right in my line of sight and messing with my vision in the cruves. Added the Race Tuner Kit and the Screamin Eagle 16 Gauge Double Barrel Exhause part #64901-02 last week. Looking into adding detachable Saddlebags and either adding a gel pad insert into the seat or the memory foam. Leaning towards the gel pad, as two or three people had use it and like it.  After I do these last two things I think I'll be finished.  [smiley=cherry.gif]  Sandy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.