Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Does FXRG really double as rain gear?  (Read 50149 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Does FXRG really double as rain gear?
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »

The zipper in the inner rear doesn't seem to be functional in any other regard other than what JCarr mentioned above. It seems like more of a PIA than most would go through for hookup.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2009, 07:16:35 AM »

I asked the question about the zipper inside the rear of the jacket at a dealer.  I was told the zipper does attach to the pants, and that it keeps the jacket and pants together if you are sliding down the road to prevent the jacket from riding up your back and keeps you from getting road rash...just like J-Carr said.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 12:55:40 PM »

I asked the question about the zipper inside the rear of the jacket at a dealer.  I was told the zipper does attach to the pants, and that it keeps the jacket and pants together if you are sliding down the road to prevent the jacket from riding up your back and keeps you from getting road rash...just like J-Carr said.
Yeah.  I know the local dealer and confirmed that is it's intention before I posted. In fact I had asked about it when I bought it.  And a jacket will ride up your waste with very little friction.  The zipper will keep it down, up to a point.  I just don't feel like getting into an argument about it here.  I wouldn't trust it if I was a hell rider.  I don't bother with it because it's a pain.  I bought mine to keep me warm and dry and provide some protection in the event of a crash.  I know it does the first two better then anything I've owned.  I think it will help some with the third if it ever comes to pass.

Ride Safe,
JC

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

MobileAGBell

• CVO1: 2013 110th Anniv SE Road King
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2009, 08:21:31 AM »

I have several pieces of BMW gear and they all have zippers on the jackets and the pants. But these zippers run from the sides of the hip all the way around the back. It connects about 1/2 to 2/3 of the total waist length. It's a much stronger and more complete (imho) solution.

I recently upgraded my FXRG gear to the new version and agree it's some nice stuff. I think it would be near perfect if it had the same zipper length as the BMW gear.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2009, 08:30:27 AM »

I agree on FXRG being good stuff, I too have the new version, haven't used the zipper setup yet, the lightweaith nylon stuff is good too.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »

I was trying to find the non-leather FXRG pants on the Harley site, but only see the leather version.  Am I missing something or do they not make the fabric available any longer?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2009, 11:03:55 PM »

I was trying to find the non-leather FXRG pants on the Harley site, but only see the leather version.  Am I missing something or do they not make the fabric available any longer?

Good question.  I don't see them on the website anymore. I have seen them in the dealers.  If you want a pair, there are lots of them listed on Ebay.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »

Last year HD made a nylon and a leather pant in the FXRG line. This year they just have one pant and it is a combo leather and nylon. Very nice pants but I'm glad I have my nylon ones. Lighter and don't absorb as much water in rain storms.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2009, 01:25:28 AM »

Thanks.  Found the Road Warrior waterproof riding pant on the HD site.  Think I'll run up tomorrow and see what they look/feel like.  Other than the FXRG leather pant, it seems like that is the best riding pant this is also waterproof.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »

Our local dealer was having an open house this past weekend and I was able to pick up the leather FXRG jacket for 20% off.  Kinda nice because I was able to try on the different sizes to see what fit the best and I was able to get it right there on the spot.  I know I will catch some flack because I would be able to buy it from Jenny or Chicago H-D for the same and maybe - the tax but just to be able to save that kind of money and have it in hand was kinda nice.  I am quite excited to try this jacket out.

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »

Our local dealer was having an open house this past weekend and I was able to pick up the leather FXRG jacket for 20% off.  Kinda nice because I was able to try on the different sizes to see what fit the best and I was able to get it right there on the spot.  I know I will catch some flack because I would be able to buy it from Jenny or Chicago H-D for the same and maybe - the tax but just to be able to save that kind of money and have it in hand was kinda nice.  I am quite excited to try this jacket out.

Topper
Did you end up with the size that you usually wear... :nixweiss:...just wondering if they run true to size or not.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »

Did you end up with the size that you usually wear... :nixweiss:...just wondering if they run true to size or not.  spyder

That is funny that you ask.........I was in a 4xl then a 3xl now after a 130 pounds lost I am in a 2xl. I also wear a 2xl in t-shirts now as well as the H-D wind breakers etc... It is a little snug but the leather is so soft it doesn't  seem to pinch or retain any form.  with the liner out it feels roomier. I usually get talls but I have noticed that when you are sitting down (riding)the coat rides up and almost gives you a I have boobs look.  I don't like that so I opted to go with the strait 2xl.  If it were and every day coat that I would wear besides when riding I would get the tall.

What a nice coat!!!!!

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2009, 05:47:28 PM »

I got an XL and that's the size I would normally wear.  I just picked up the matching pants yesterday and those were very difficult to locate.  Nobody seems to stock them and I didn't want to order them without trying them on.  I finally located a dealer that had one pair in stock, and they were my size.  I did a quick 500 mile round trip to pick them up yesterday.  I thought I was going to go try them on and then order from Jenny, but the dealer gave me the discount and I was able to take them home with me.  By the way, the jacket is great and I like everything about it except for one thing.  The zipper gets stuck at the bottom all the time when I try to unzip it, because it has a double zipper(the 2nd one starts at the bottom and allows you to unzip from the bottom up).  Other than that, it's one mighty comfortable jacket and I've found that I don't need my rain gear when I'm wearing it.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »

Anyone do any kind of waterproofing treatment to the OLD FXRG gear?

Also - anyone ever had them repaired?  I dropped an arm on my power curve and burned a hole last year, not too big - but there - just remembered I did it last week when I took it out to ride to work in the rain.

I have a tour pack bag that appears to be made of the same material and was going to have a seamstress sew a patch over it...thoughts?

Sean

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »

I got an XL and that's the size I would normally wear.  I just picked up the matching pants yesterday and those were very difficult to locate.  

Are those the leather pants that you found?  I was wondering how you liked them.  Would be interested in hearing about any "road testing" with the pants.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 22 queries.