Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Does FXRG really double as rain gear?  (Read 50144 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Does FXRG really double as rain gear?
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »

Are those the leather pants that you found?  I was wondering how you liked them.  Would be interested in hearing about any "road testing" with the pants.

Yes, I got the leather pants.  They were very nice in the store.  I haven't had a need to wear them on the bike yet since yesterday.

cola

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:41 AM »

The zipper mates to the FX pants. I don't know why - its not like the jacket will ride up. And it seems like it would be a pain to put on.

They zip together so they don't separate when you are sliding down the road on your ass.
Mike

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2009, 03:37:39 AM »

The zipper mates to the FX pants. I don't know why - its not like the jacket will ride up. And it seems like it would be a pain to put on.

They zip together so they don't separate when you are sliding down the road on your ass.Mike

Have you actually tried to do this yourself?  I thought about trying it only once and didn't even bother trying, since it just didn't seem like I would be flexible enough to git'r'done.  Maybe I'll have to make a quick attempt the next time I put both on and see if it's within the realm of possibilities.

I do wish that they had put a rear pocket, or maybe a pocket on the side of the leg, so I had somewhere to carry my wallet.  I don't like having to undress everytime I stop to get gas.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2009, 03:49:06 AM »

BTW, I finally had the wonderful opportunity to wear my FXRG leathers in a heavy rainstorm.  There were actually little puddles forming on the arms where the arms were creasing while riding.  When I got home, I took it off, gave the coat and pants one quick shake each, then grabbed a microfiber towel and did a quick 10 to 15 second wiping off, and I would swear that the stuff was never in water.  It didn't absorb anything and kept me completely dry.  It didn't really need to be dried off, but I wanted to see if it felt wet after running the towel over it quickly, and it didn't.  That, and the fact that I didn't have a good place to hang it in the garage and I didn't want to take it in the house that way.

So I am quite satisfied with the waterproof qualities at this point.  Now I'm wondering how long it will continue to function that well.  If I remember correctly, I think it was Black Diamond that had one of the prior models of the FXRG leather jacket at Maggie Valley, and I think he said his absorbed the rain.  I'm wondering if they've improved upon the waterproof qualities or whether they just don't stay that way forever.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2009, 04:02:11 AM »

Have you actually tried to do this yourself?

You're supposed to zip them together, before you start putting the pants on. Just like a one piece track suit.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2009, 04:13:37 AM »

You're supposed to zip them together, before you start putting the pants on. Just like a one piece track suit.

Ride safely,
Louis

You can't be serious.  If they were attached before I tried to put them on, I don't think I could get my legs up that high to stick them down the pant legs.  I thought zipping it afterwards sounded difficult.  I haven't tried it, but that sounds almost impossible to do.  The pants would be behind you and you would have to step very high and backwards to put your feet in.  Have you actually tried to do this.  I could see the possibility of zipping first, before putting the jacket on, and then putting the pants on first and then the jacket.  That seems like it would work...maybe.  I think the answer is having someone else zip them together for you.  I'm not going to ask another guy to do that for me, and I'm temporarily without a backseat rider, so that's not really an option for me right now.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »

You can't be serious.  If they were attached before I tried to put them on, I don't think I could get my legs up that high to stick them down the pant legs.  I thought zipping it afterwards sounded difficult.  I haven't tried it, but that sounds almost impossible to do.  The pants would be behind you and you would have to step very high and backwards to put your feet in.  Have you actually tried to do this.  I could see the possibility of zipping first, before putting the jacket on, and then putting the pants on first and then the jacket.  That seems like it would work...maybe.  I think the answer is having someone else zip them together for you.  I'm not going to ask another guy to do that for me, and I'm temporarily without a backseat rider, so that's not really an option for me right now.
Gonna nickname you Eric Von Zipper if you keep this up.  :huepfenlol2: har! :drink:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2009, 09:40:25 AM »

Dave ( Eric Von Zipper )
With your luck with women, you better hpe hat it doesn't rain!  ;D
Mike
:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »

Dave ( Eric Von Zipper )
With your luck with women, you better hpe hat it doesn't rain!  ;D
Mike
:drink:

You guys couldn't possibly be picking on me.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »

You guys couldn't possibly be picking on me.
Why Dave, 'picking on me'?  No way.  But, if you could just have someone video you putting on your zippered FXRG 'outfit' and then post that for us, we'd appreciate it.  (visions of Dave dancing around on one foot, then the other while uttering small exclamations...).  I'll leave it at that.  ;D har!  spyder   Just 'funning' 1abastarsmda (ericvonzipper).  har! :2vrolijk_21:
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2009, 11:37:22 AM »

Why Dave, 'picking on me'?  No way.  But, if you could just have someone video you putting on your zippered FXRG 'outfit' and then post that for us, we'd appreciate it.  (visions of Dave dancing around on one foot, then the other while uttering small exclamations...).  I'll leave it at that.  ;D har!  spyder   Just 'funning' 1abastarsmda (ericvonzipper).  har! :2vrolijk_21:

I can't even find someone to zip my FXRG gear together.  Where am I going to find someone to tape me trying to do it myself.  Actually, that would probably be hilarious and I could probably find someone to do that...but I won't.

Spyder, are you going to Daytona?  I'm trying to plan it out, but I'm also in the middle of interviewing possible candidates for a backseat rider position.  That's time consuming.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »

I'll try to be more specific:

And then step into the pants first, with the jacket behind you. Then put the jacket on.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2009, 01:03:34 PM »

I'll try to be more specific:

And then step into the pants first, with the jacket behind you. Then put the jacket on.

Ride safely,
Louis

Hey Louis, that makes way too much sense.  Besides, we're trying to get Dave to post a video of himself jumping around like a monkee... ;D...har! :drink:  spyder

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »

Spyder, are you going to Daytona?  I'm trying to plan it out, but I'm also in the middle of interviewing possible candidates for a backseat rider position.  That's time consuming.
Was going......but trip has been cancelled due to wifee's imminent back surgery.  :( spyder

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2009, 02:31:47 PM »

Was going......but trip has been cancelled due to wifee's imminent back surgery.  :( spyder

Sorry to hear that...and there will be no video of me trying to get into my FXRG gear.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 22 queries.