Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Re: Cobin seat issues  (Read 7287 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re:
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2005, 01:16:11 AM »

Har!   ..........spyder    [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
Re: Cobin seat issues
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2005, 01:20:51 AM »

Rsantucc. It looks as though you have the full passenger backrest on the chopped tour pak. If so, would you mind posting additional side view pics? I am interested in that set up but was concerned about the look. Thanks.

I will post a few more pictures after the holiday. In the menatime rememeber tat the lids onthe chopped and full toour pac are identical. So any back rest with arms will fit as they mount to the ld of the tour pacs.
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2005, 10:19:11 PM »

Well for any of you following this string of events, the outcome is not good.  After a month of trying to get this resolved, it turns out they can't get it right because their main guy, Gabrial, has quit, and no-one wants to tackle it.  

What frustrates me the most, is that they knew he was gone, and kept putting me off.  If they would have been up front, I could have ordered another seat, and not had to ride 1200 miles next week on the factory brick.

I have ordered the new Road King Reach from Harley but they are on back order for at least 3 weeks.

I cannot believe the dissorganization of that company.

Anyone ordering from Corbin, be prepared that they have lost their head shop technician. [smiley=mean.gif]

2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2005, 11:26:20 PM »

Well for any of you following this string of events, the outcome is not good.  After a month of trying to get this resolved, it turns out they can't get it right because their main guy, Gabrial, has quit, and no-one wants to tackle it.  

What frustrates me the most, is that they knew he was gone, and kept putting me off.  If they would have been up front, I could have ordered another seat, and not had to ride 1200 miles next week on the factory brick.

I have ordered the new Road King Reach from Harley but they are on back order for at least 3 weeks.

Anyone ordering from Corbin, be prepared that they have lost their head shop technician. [smiley=mean.gif]

That just sucks Striker.  I'd been trying to get a reply from them via phone, email or passenger pigeon for almost six weeks to discuss recovering the stock passenger backrest to match the other seat parts I've got.  Haven't even been able to get an answer back when I'm trying to spend money with them.

Really sorry for your situation man.  With the new stuff that really bites.  Got any more "Plan B" options?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2005, 11:20:17 AM »

You must be talking about the Hollister Corbin rather than the Fla. Corbin.  Gabriel is the guy in my Corbin slide show with the black t-shirt in photo #6 & #7.  He's the guy that I dealt with, when they borrowed my bike for a week and he personally walked my seat through the whole process the day it was made (I followed along with the camera).

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=12&uid=912505&gid=4000502&
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2005, 02:57:34 PM »

Yeah it is the Hollister plant.  The customer service department that I had to contact was out of Florida, the work had to be done at Holister.  The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.  Has a friend just go through the same process, received the seat, it looked like sh*^, he didn't even give them a second chance, sent it back, and stopped payment on the credit card.  I should have probably not let them try to re-do what had been such poor workmanship in the first place.  It is the first and last time with them, and I will let everyone I know that builds and customizes what a mess this turned out to be.  I know 6-8 builders that show in the Denver bike show every year, and some of them warned me away from Corbin when I built my chopper.  So I had a local guy build the seat.  If I thought he could do this type of thing, I would use him on this.

As far as my solution, I ordered a RK reach, but I had thought someone on here had a RK comfort stitch Reach.  Did I get two posts mixed up, or is there really such an animal.  The MoCo website shows the RK Reach as  new item, so I would think they would show the comfort stitch.  Anyone know??? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2005, 09:13:41 PM »

Yeah it is the Hollister plant.  The customer service department that I had to contact was out of Florida, the work had to be done at Holister.  The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.  Has a friend just go through the same process, received the seat, it looked like sh*^, he didn't even give them a second chance, sent it back, and stopped payment on the credit card.  I should have probably not let them try to re-do what had been such poor workmanship in the first place.  It is the first and last time with them, and I will let everyone I know that builds and customizes what a mess this turned out to be.  I know 6-8 builders that show in the Denver bike show every year, and some of them warned me away from Corbin when I built my chopper.  So I had a local guy build the seat.  If I thought he could do this type of thing, I would use him on this.

As far as my solution, I ordered a RK reach, but I had thought someone on here had a RK comfort stitch Reach.  Did I get two posts mixed up, or is there really such an animal.  The MoCo website shows the RK Reach as  new item, so I would think they would show the comfort stitch.  Anyone know??? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Striker, call the Hollister factory and ask for Cher.  No promises but she seems to be pretty stand up when it comes to straighten out there screw ups.  If she commits to you, it should get done.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2005, 11:30:46 AM »

New problem, the accounting dept for Corbin is not willing to issue a refund, only a credit to the dealer.  The dealer of course want their money back before they give me mine back.  They paid Corbin by check, so they want a check back since they are hesitant to order anything else from Corbin considering the issues at hand.  I, in the meantime, continue to be held up. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2005, 11:39:04 AM »

New problem, the accounting dept for Corbin is not willing to issue a refund, only a credit to the dealer.  The dealer of course want their money back before they give me mine back.  They paid Corbin by check, so they want a check back since they are hesitant to order anything else from Corbin considering the issues at hand.  I, in the meantime, continue to be held up. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

Unfortunately this makes your problem (for the money side of things) with the dealer.  The issue between them and Corbin is between them and Corbin.  So bitch, complain, whine and do mean things like parking the bike on the closest public property adjacent to the dealership.  Take the seat off the bike and set a poster board sign on the bike reading "My $30,000 bike has no seat thanks to our local dealer."  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2005, 09:11:24 PM »

LOL, I can't be that mean, but if I keep getting jerked around, I will have the charge removed from my Visa.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2005, 09:01:58 AM »

I have the Corbin dual touring seat, and it is much better that the stock seat.  Anyone find the seat hard?  After about 90-100 miles I start wiggling to get the blood flowing.  Any suggestions?  Thanks
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2005, 10:14:30 AM »

Here's some interesting insight on the mentality at "Corbin"........ [smiley=confused5.gif]

Happy 4th of July!
We hope you had a happy and safe 4th of July weekend. Here at Direct Parts we have a tradition of inviting the employees and families to our local farm league to watch a game. They always have fireworks and have a great ceremony before the game.

Corbin forbids use of images on the internet
In a rather surprising move, Corbin seats have banned the use of any of their trademarked images, photos and copyrighted text on the Internet. Attempts to discuss this with Mike Corbin were futile and cryptic. His last reply after telling us that applied to all shops was "Just need to be independant. Web distorts information for it's benefit."

Well, all I can say is Huh? We have been with Corbin for many years and this is a surprising move as it can only hurt sales and just does not make sense. Unless he is referring to comments on on-line forums that seem to question the high prices, poor quality and questionable support and feels this is the answer to his woes.
This is quite a contrast to what Mustang does. They go out of their way to please the customer and build quality in every seat. If it is not right, they will fix or replace it.

Sure looks like H-D is ready for some serious fun from the CVO department.
When the call came in from Harley-Davidson's communication department, asking if I would like to test ride the 2006 Harley CVO bikes, I didn't want to appear overanxious. But I blurted out a "yes!" before their sentence was finished. I'd be one of the first nine journalists to get to ride the three new offerings for next year, in West Point, New York. I'd also get a chance to meet and ride with the director of the CVO Operations, the team managers for the individual bike models, and a few of the other guys who worked on the projects. God, I love this job!

Interesting Articles and Tidbits
Sturgis is coming soon! Are you going? Are you all set? A couple of things to consider is that every year we are inundated with last minute tire sales, oil and filter sales etc. Save yourself the headache and go over your bike now so you are all set.

If you are interested, here is a link to a checklist the MSF developed.

We think you will need a boom box to make motorcycle sounds if you buy this bike.

Some thought that Harley's time in the Sun was beginning to dim but others are saying hold on a second. Read more here.

Now, why didn't they offer this course when we were in High School?
Just think, third period chopper building course.

It may come as a surprise to some people that the Victory motorcycle company has been around for nearly decade. The other American motorcycle manufacturer is in its eighth year of production, while parent company Polaris is celebrating its 50th anniversary...

Does the new V-Rod qualify as a performance cruiser? Or, is it more of a Hooligan bike? How does it stack up against the big metric cruisers?

The Motorcycle Riders Foundation
Each month we will include a link to the Motorcycle Riders Foundation (MRF). The MRF is an important organization that gives us a voice in government. Please consider joining.

We want to make this Newsletter as informative and interesting as we can. We are not tech writers but we do hear a lot of inside information. Tell us what you think about the Newsletter please! What would you like more of? Less of? How often?
Drop us a note at newsletter@directparts.com and tell us!

Thank you for reading the Direct Parts Newsletter and I hope you found it interesting.

CD

www.directparts.com
800-368-6217

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.