Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 23780 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »

I have the Tourmaster heated jacket and gloves.  I went to show someone the jacket this weekend and noticed that the wires that hook to the controller had pulled through the jacket.  There was a grommet on the jacket that was supposed to keep the wires from pulling out and the grommet and all pulled out.  I could see that this was something that could easily be sewn back inside without ever being visible, so I took the jacket back where I purchased it, since I know they do things like leather repair and sewing patches on, etc.  As soon as I showed it to them and asked if they could fix this, they just told to see if there was another one in my size and they will deal with TourMaster.  So, they just gave me a new one.  There's the best reason for me to buy my gear where I did...excellent service.  I had figured that they would either fix it for nothing or very little, or tell me that it would need sent to the manufacturer.  I didn't for any reason expect them to replace it for me with no questions asked.  Then, while I was there, I saw the guy who originally sold the heated gear to me.  He asked how it was working for me, and when I told him what happened, he told me to go grab a new one in my size.  I told him we already had that taken care of.  So it wasn't just one employee with the right attitude.  I really like shopping there.  M&M Leather in Greensburg, PA.  They've got my recommendation.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2009, 06:52:58 AM »

Dave, do they have a website?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2009, 11:36:17 AM »

Dave, do they have a website?

http://www.mmleatheronline.com/  Not the greatest of websites, since they have so much more in the store.  A great place to walk into and shop.  Plus, I can't beat their discount anywhere.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »

I have the Tourmaster heated jacket and gloves.  I went to show someone the jacket this weekend and noticed that the wires that hook to the controller had pulled through the jacket.  There was a grommet on the jacket that was supposed to keep the wires from pulling out and the grommet and all pulled out.  I could see that this was something that could easily be sewn back inside without ever being visible, so I took the jacket back where I purchased it, since I know they do things like leather repair and sewing patches on, etc.  As soon as I showed it to them and asked if they could fix this, they just told to see if there was another one in my size and they will deal with TourMaster.  So, they just gave me a new one.  There's the best reason for me to buy my gear where I did...excellent service.  I had figured that they would either fix it for nothing or very little, or tell me that it would need sent to the manufacturer.  I didn't for any reason expect them to replace it for me with no questions asked.  Then, while I was there, I saw the guy who originally sold the heated gear to me.  He asked how it was working for me, and when I told him what happened, he told me to go grab a new one in my size.  I told him we already had that taken care of.  So it wasn't just one employee with the right attitude.  I really like shopping there.  M&M Leather in Greensburg, PA.  They've got my recommendation.

Can't beat that for service.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2009, 06:40:37 AM »

Ok all you Gerbing fans, question, while browsing H-D site I see the heated jacket/pants liners et al. ran the item number through Chicago H-D and see that they are $132.00 ea. Now I know Gerbing makes these for H-D and gerbings listed at $199.00. Whats the difference or can i get straight Gerbings at big discount.
These are all going to be used under the new FXRG outfit.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »

Well, my 2nd Tourmaster jacket this year stopped working a few days ago.  I haven't figured out what caused it.  It just stopped working while I was riding down the road.  They have an in-line fuse that I haven't checked, but the controller still lights up, so I figured I wouldn't get any power at all if the fuse blew.  Anybody have a different thought on that?  Could it still be getting enough power to light the controller, but not enough to heat the jacket?  I thought that fuse would cut the power altogether.

Either way, I called where I bought it and again, with no questions other than what size, I was told to bring it in for a replacement.  She told me she'll have one in my size there for me by Monday or Tuesday.  When I complimented her on how good they were to deal with on this, she said, "Hey, you have a 3 yr warranty with Tourmaster and there's no use playing around.  Ultimately, if there is something wrong, it's going to need replaced, so why not just get that out of the way".  They have a pretty good attitude there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.