Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 23781 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 10:36:16 PM »

Purchased a set of Gerbing heated glove liners and have them fitted inside a pair of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEERSKIN-MOTORCYCLE-GAUNTLET-LEATHER-GLOVES_W0QQitemZ300267131585QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2994QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

The deerskin gloves with the liners are thinner than either the Gerbing G3's or the HD heated gloves plus the combined price of the liners and gloves was less than either heated pair. I could afford to buy a black and a brown set of gloves and move the liners. Happy with the result.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:41:28 PM by Buy early »

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 05:00:29 AM »

Went for a nice ride yesterday. When I left at 7am temp was 26 degrees F. Had my Corbin seat heat on, heated grips(hot for now)& Freedom Heated jacket liner and pant liner. Man was I toasty. I had to set the thermostat on low by noon. The only way to ride when it gets down to those temps. THE MUFFMAN
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:27:13 AM by Muffman »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »

Grizzly, thanks for taking the time for a great write up. living in Upstate NY, heated gear has been contemplated more than once. Again, appreciate the write up. As a side note just curious how you ride year round in Ontario. Do your roads get salted? Sorry for the  :jack:

Hey There GH,

Hope my write up has helped you make the right decision?  You won't be disappointed living in upstate NY!

As for riding year round in Ontario, we live just outside Toronto and there is always nice days in February to ride... We do get some salt, but more sand than salt.  Either way, you just have to be prepared to wash & dry your bike real good after every ride and it will never be a problem, at least it hasn't been for us.  And let's face it, when you get a nice day to ride in the middle of winter, isn't it worth a little time with a bucket?

The next few days here is expected to be in the high 60's and some of my foolish friends have already put away their bikes until next April!  I could never go that long without a ride!

Just in case you're wondering, no - I do not work for Gerbings... I just love their products and they have definitely allowed my wife & I to continue riding all year long in pretty much any weather, as long as the roads are safe for travel.

Go ahead a buy the heated gear, like I mentioned, you won't be dissappointed... Call it an early Christmas present to yourself???  Just a tip, I would look at the fully heated outer jacket rather than the vest or liner.  The vest is almost useless as it only heats your core and everyone knows that it's your extremities that get cold first and once that happens you're done.  The liner is better, but you still have the weight of your leather jacket and if it rains, your rain jacket as well, which makes for a lot heavier load to carry on your shoulders.  The full outer jacket is the most expensive, but well worth the investment.

Good luck, stay warm & ride safe - all year!
Grizzly
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 08:01:14 PM »

Here's my latest addition...Fleece Lined Jeans...

Toasty!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 07:35:46 AM »

Toasty!

wife gave me two pair early birthday/Christmas - agree on the toasty.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 06:27:52 PM »

I like those fleece lined jeans too.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 06:34:14 PM »

Hey There GH,

Hope my write up has helped you make the right decision?  You won't be disappointed living in upstate NY!

As for riding year round in Ontario, we live just outside Toronto and there is always nice days in February to ride... We do get some salt, but more sand than salt.  Either way, you just have to be prepared to wash & dry your bike real good after every ride and it will never be a problem, at least it hasn't been for us.  And let's face it, when you get a nice day to ride in the middle of winter, isn't it worth a little time with a bucket?

The next few days here is expected to be in the high 60's and some of my foolish friends have already put away their bikes until next April!  I could never go that long without a ride!

Just in case you're wondering, no - I do not work for Gerbings... I just love their products and they have definitely allowed my wife & I to continue riding all year long in pretty much any weather, as long as the roads are safe for travel.

Go ahead a buy the heated gear, like I mentioned, you won't be dissappointed... Call it an early Christmas present to yourself???  Just a tip, I would look at the fully heated outer jacket rather than the vest or liner.  The vest is almost useless as it only heats your core and everyone knows that it's your extremities that get cold first and once that happens you're done.  The liner is better, but you still have the weight of your leather jacket and if it rains, your rain jacket as well, which makes for a lot heavier load to carry on your shoulders.  The full outer jacket is the most expensive, but well worth the investment.

Good luck, stay warm & ride safe - all year!
Grizzly
Thanks for your assistance spending more of my $$$ Grizzly  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 08:48:25 AM »

Toasty!

Been using them for past 3 years.  A pair of jeans and a pair of Carhart brown.  I actually look forward to cold weather so I can wear them.  You won't regret spending $$ for them. 

You can find them on sale at Cabela's.
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 10:42:13 AM »

who (mail order) offers the best deal on Gerbing Heated Clothing. Also, am i reading correctly? One control box controls Gloves, Jacket liner and Pant liner? Thanks

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 10:45:34 AM »

who (mail order) offers the best deal on Gerbing Heated Clothing. Also, am i reading correctly? One control box controls Gloves, Jacket liner and Pant liner? Thanks
No deals on Gerbing's.  Look out for places that sell used or second items and no return policy on the net.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »

No deals on Gerbing's.  Look out for places that sell used or second items and no return policy on the net.

or you have friends in the military... 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »

or you find a HD Dealership having a great sale.  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »

How are you my friend?
Haven't got the conf. for coins yet but I propose giving Mrs. Cary an honorary membership to the site.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 04:05:24 PM »

How are you my friend?
Haven't got the conf. for coins yet but I propose giving Mrs. Cary an honorary membership to the site.

that's cause you will receive a package deal...all of it at once

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 04:16:19 PM »

Been using them for past 3 years.  A pair of jeans and a pair of Carhart brown.  I actually look forward to cold weather so I can wear them.  You won't regret spending $$ for them. 

You can find them on sale at Cabela's.

I just bought a pair at Walmart for $19.50 :2vrolijk_21: I bought them a size bigger so the fit over my regular pants.... Nice and warm, rode into work last week when it was 36F to try them out ;D
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.